PDA

View Full Version : Strange StartDate

heyblast
01-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Just looking at the regs for the spring goose season and it starts on the 10 th of February which is Sunday. Why start it half way through the week end, doesn't make sense to me.:confused:

KB90
01-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Ducks and geese might be different.

But the start date for all other game in the regs are the same every year, the day of week does not matter.

yamadirt 426
01-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Why did they close ducks this yr on a Friday . That's what I'd like to know. Oh well

KB90
01-26-2013, 03:48 PM
They don't do seasons by the actual day.

They run them for 15 days, 60 days etc. doesn't matter what day it closes on. Theres lots of people who dont work mon-fri.

f350ps
01-26-2013, 03:57 PM
There is only so many days that we can hunt migratory birds so with the ducks ending on a Friday is because of the two days at the start of the season for the youth hunt gets taken off at the end of the regular season. K

yamadirt 426
01-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Thx guys !

kyleklassen
01-26-2013, 04:05 PM
i think we should cancel the youth hunt for a bit.....maybe like 3 years.

field marshal
01-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Nope!! Going to take the kids to all the corn fields next year and blow them out!!!:mrgreen: Just to really give you something to bitch about!!
Heritage day is a week later this coming year so the chances all the corn is chopped are very good?? Don't think you are going to make up some
horseshit excuse not to come help just because your kid isn't old enough yet???:confused: ---Cheers---Field Marshal.

Dano
01-26-2013, 05:09 PM
There is only so many days that we can hunt migratory birds so with the ducks ending on a Friday is because of the two days at the start of the season for the youth hunt gets taken off at the end of the regular season. K

There's an agreement with the USA and Mexico, we get something like 130 days a year to hunt waterfowl.
Personally, I don't think heritage days and the spring goose season should affect this number. With our goose limit raised to 10 a day and the spring season for canada geese more of a cull hunt, it shouldn't count. Geese should be open all waterfowl season.
I wonder if we lose 10 days of duck season because of the brant hunt????
Dano

Crazy_Farmer
01-26-2013, 05:27 PM
No, goose and duck seasons are separate from each other. Just like snow and brant seasons are separate.

heyblast
01-26-2013, 07:25 PM
I know we are allowed only a certain number of days but why start the season on a Sunday and not Saturday. I don't see that a calendar date is that important when the spring season is intended to cull the number of geese. And besides I missed two thirds of the waterfowl season and I want to make up for lost time.

Dano
01-26-2013, 07:38 PM
I know we are allowed only a certain number of days but why start the season on a Sunday and not Saturday. I don't see that a calendar date is that important when the spring season is intended to cull the number of geese. And besides I missed two thirds of the waterfowl season and I want to make up for lost time.

The season is set up to allow geese and brant seasons to end on the same day....... rumor has it the brant guys have influence on the season for some reason! :-D
Dano

kyleklassen
01-26-2013, 08:22 PM
it's a long weekend now...so hunt sun and mon.

fowl language
01-26-2013, 11:07 PM
we have 110 days to hunt waterfowl in bc and every where else in canada. the last possible day we can hunt in any given year is march 10 so the last season of canada geese is counted backwards from march 10. we give up 2 days of the 110 day season for heritage days,which i,m sure you would have loved it if you were young and just started hunting. and to the best of my knowledge the brant hunters haven,t been to any of the meetings that i,ve attended.and the brant season is completely separate from all the other seasons....fowl

mattchu_19
01-27-2013, 09:37 AM
I would like to see the youth hunt a week or two after the season closes.

Dutch Ppoacher
01-27-2013, 10:59 AM
I would like to see the youth hunt a week or two after the season closes.

so they have to hunt birds that are skittish and shy?!? makes for a pretty dull day sitting in a blind and no action!!!! just sayin!

are adults aloud to hunt with their child on heritage days? or just the is child aloud to shoot? I'm not in this demographic, just curious..

DP

heyblast
01-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks Fowl. That explains the reason for the starting date being the middle of the week end. It just seemed strange to me not start on a Sat.

heyblast
01-27-2013, 11:30 AM
Never would of guessed I could of hunted on the Monday. Glad that was pointed out. Limitless information always available on HBC.

mattchu_19
01-27-2013, 11:40 AM
so they have to hunt birds that are skittish and shy?!? makes for a pretty dull day sitting in a blind and no action!!!! just sayin!

DP

Most States across the US have their youth seasons at the end of the regular season, like California and Arkansas which are wintering grounds for ducks at the end of their migrations and they have no problem putting youths on birds.

kyleklassen
01-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Just looking at the regs for the spring goose season and it starts on the 10 th of February which is Sunday. Why start it half way through the week end, doesn't make sense to me.:confused:sunday morning is not half way thru a three day weekend

fowl language
01-27-2013, 02:12 PM
the heritage days are set so the kids are able to hunt in good weather to encourage hunting.the kids get 2 days and every one else gets 108 days ,not all kids can afford a lic, so this is it for them as some don,t have any family or know any one that hunts.this is the target group that we are trying to introduce to hunting....the bcwf is working on a family hunting weekend so every one will be able to try hunting.we have proposed that it be on the same weekend as heritage days as to not take any time away from the rest of the waterfowlers.....dale

Muliechaser
01-27-2013, 02:23 PM
I dont beleive its supposed to be geared towards (hunters) sceduals .
Just becuase the majority of ppl only have weekends to hunt does not mean they are going to
Start it on the begining of the weekend just so people can hunt..

heyblast
01-27-2013, 04:32 PM
Simple question heading south, what else could I possibly expect. Sunday morning not half way on long week end, s..t man sorry for that error, I'll more careful in the future. Ya right.

rocksteady
01-27-2013, 04:40 PM
It would be excellent for you if oyu did not work Monday to Friday...

Ask your boss if you can change your work schedule baseed on opening/closing dates of each species... :)

field marshal
01-27-2013, 05:27 PM
All I got to say is it certainly pays to work for yourself!!!!:mrgreen:----Cheers ---Field Marshal.

kyleklassen
11-02-2013, 11:11 PM
SO WTF Was your problem with this whole thing heyblast?? only 2 days of hunting on the weekend ...poor baby.