PDA

View Full Version : Silvertip Archers Promo Vid

Bowzone_Mikey
01-26-2013, 01:00 PM
First in a series of Promo Vids For the Silvertip Archers in Prince George ....
Starting with this one ... to our Youth .. on up to our more Senior and into our Elite Archers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8_M3__D2Ik&list=UUB0aFr0NQwTUwgIDCh8g4dA&index=1

Made by Shaw TV

bugler
01-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Who needs a promo vid! We haven't enough room for all the kids who want to sign up this year after Hunger Games and Brave came out.

Bowzone_Mikey
01-27-2013, 09:54 AM
well I tell you ... Silvertip has over 150 kids in the JOP program.... every friday we open the club up to the public ... the friday this was shot(jan 18) we had 50ish non members ...and about 20 people come in and try archery for the first time ... this friday(25) we had over half of those first timers return and most brought a friend. we have increased our club membership by a few since this vid first aired on wednesday Jan 23

The Vid series is to showcase non-mainstream sports for the 2015 Canada Winter games (ie: not Hockey or skiing) Shaw is doing several series ....
Had a great article in the paper last week too ... we wanted them to focus on the tournament we hosted ... but the reporter glomed onto one of our Elite youth and his trek to the Vegas shoot ... Great article on a great kid ... but wasnt too happy with the direction it took
http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/article/20130123/PRINCEGEORGE0201/301239992/-1/princegeorge0201/vegas-calling-sharpshooter-procter&template=JQMArticle

Hey Bugler ... since your in the East Koots ... and big in the archery scene down there ... You know the Lethbridge Ironman .... you think that style of indoor shoot will fly here in BC?

bugler
01-27-2013, 01:06 PM
Good stuff Mikey, Great to have some new faces turning up. Right now we have kids on a waiting list because our facility for day to day shooting is not big enough to handle all the interest that has been created by pop culture lately. When we go back outside we'll be able to take them all again.

A bunch of our keeners went to the Ironman last weekend and cleaned up!!! I did not go because we bought tickets to the Tragically Hip concert which was on Saturday night in Cranbrook, couldn't do both. There is certainly interest, I think there were about 16 from our club that made the drive. Most of them shot both the 3-D and the Fita. I would think a big center like PG would get enough people out that would like to shoot both. In Lethbridge you can choose to shoot one or the other, or both. You shoot both to win the "Ironman" but many just go to shoot 3-D.

If you had the building to accommodate it might be fun to give it a try. We've never held an indoor 3-D simply because we can't find a facility to do it. In Lethbridge they rent one of the big Ag Expo buildings.

Saw Tony at BC games last year. Good luck to him in his quest to go to Canada games. He'll need it to get past our guy!!;)

Bowzone_Mikey
01-27-2013, 01:16 PM
ya .. I used to be part of the Bowbenders when i lived in Lethbridge and Calgary ..
Location Location Location .... Looking at the University feildhouse ...