PDA

View Full Version : Terrace BC wifes moose

kilometers
01-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Terrace BC Moose wifes moose
well i will start off by introducing myself im new to the site, im from terrace bc, i grew up hunting with my dad around terrace did trips to dease lake and up the nass valley on regular basis, and then my dad(mom let him) buy a 26 foot bayliner. as a family we switched from hunting to fishing and basically quit hunting for ten years while enjoying the ocean life..
im an avid sledder and have some pretty popular youtube videos that make me money over 500 dollars from adds on my videos and even did a tour for some snowboarders from switserland who cam to town because of youtube
http:/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ROm98VssrE is one of my more popular videos, i hope to make some hunting vids this year

last year the wife and i both got our pal and took a core course, lets just say my dad was stoked we were going to go hunting again, my wife grew up eating moose and loves the hormone free meat so getting out wont be an issue. she is also an avid quader who no word of a lie can Ride that thing better then most men, setting a hook and cookin fresh crab is one of her favorite pass times

so spring comes around and my wife(ashley) and my dad both get an leh in the terrace area, the hunt is on,

some pictures if i can get them to upload

Pioneerman
01-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Moose ? Cool video of the powder, but don't see any moose :???:

kennyj
01-25-2013, 08:38 PM
COol video,
Welcome.
kenny

nap
01-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Welcome to HBC kms!!!!

6 K
01-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Welcome,
nice to have another Terracite on the site.

Mr. Dean
01-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Pics!
Now!!!

rocksteady
01-25-2013, 11:48 PM
Over 24 hours and has not posted the 2nd segment of the story...

All I got to say is WTF???

scottwh
01-26-2013, 12:14 AM
Welcome Miles!!! Where da pics?????

Spy
01-26-2013, 12:18 AM
Welcome this is sick first Joke. Pictures & video.

Fella
01-26-2013, 01:07 AM
Must be an astroturfer.

hunter1947
01-26-2013, 04:43 AM
Welcome to this site looking forward to your pictures and hunting video clips this year ,,Ps if you don't know how to load up your pictures on HBCI will fore you..

I will send you a private message on HBC with my MSN hot mail address then you can send me the pictures and I will post them up for you on HBC

nature girl
01-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the site. And get your wife to join to.

604redneck
01-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Cool sled video

sizedoes matter
01-26-2013, 08:13 PM
No story no pics wtf:-d

kilometers
01-26-2013, 09:43 PM
haha thanks for the support guys and girls.. sorry i have been out enjoying winter on the sled and snowboard.. seen a huge wolf just outside of jackpine flats close to terrace coming home today
the pictures exceed my quata and i got frustrated and bailed on the post for a couple days.

we needed a gun so i asked around and picked up a used huskyvarna my boss got from an old german man who left bc to return home due to illness, the gun was a 30-06 in decent shaped and i soon learned it had the swiss symbol on the barrell too possibly making it a clector. nonethe less it was off to the rang with a various amount of personally loaded ammo(my dad loves reloading and figuring out what grain etc shoots best in a piticular gun)
now my family prides on being respectible hunters so guess what the wife is down at the range shooting the 3006 husky and a remmington 567(597)? 22.. turns out shes a damn good shot and is totally ready to take a animal..
after some planning my hunting season was to start with a fishing trip out to prince rupert for a 4 day weekend to return to work for 3 days and then off to kelowna for a wedding and then return on the tuesday missing the first opening day of leh.

kilometers
01-26-2013, 10:59 PM
we rush home from kelowna and hear that my dad was out spotting on the monday(opening day) and seen two bull moose chasing a cow right below his favorite tree, one big probly 10 pointer and a 6 or so with a goofy antler on one side if only he had went their first instead of spotting from the highpoint he could of had one.
we return to the swamp at first light we plan to bail straight into the swamp my dad at the end where the moose were spotted and us closser towards the south end with the plan to cover a good part of the swamp,
me and ashley work our way down the slope in near darkness for our first lonestar hunting adventure, we stumble out of the thick forest only to encounter weird movie style tall grass mounds 12 feet tall, totally cool and creppy, after venturing threw the tall grass like mounds we encounter the great thick bc swamp brush we all here about and let me tell you it is not fun wet and you pretty much cant see anything but brush even though your in an open part of the so called meadow swamp area. lets just say the wife was not imppressed with the younder but we did see moose bedding sighns. by the time we reached our destination we were both exhausted, our destination an old tree blindd my dad use to go to 10 years ago, well rotten and missing wood we climb the tree and hang out allday with no sighn of mr moose..
after a couple more days of hanging out in various trees on the friday we return to the swamp, and let me tell you after kms of hiking and climbing up and down trees me and the wife were dead tired but she was still game, unbeilivable she hits the swamp before sunrise knowing she works at 3pm that day
she tells me shes determined to get my dads moose as we drive to our location, we plan to enter the swamp and work the same spot where my dad seen the bulls fighting with the cow on monday.
we did spot the one bull the day before but it was just briefly as he moved threw the almost unaccesible part of the thick swamp. that day we spent calling and beating brush in the same location trying to draw them out.
so we get to one of our trees and i climb up to glance and ashley follows, the tree a beautiful spot i wish i could show but the mtns might give away the location of our favorite micro swamp, we confirm their is not a moose standing in the meadow and my dad proceeds across to another big tree, we sit long enough for him to reach and climb that tree and then procceed over their to him, at this point in the game we have a pretty good foot trail to follow throught the brush making walking less painfull,
we reach the tree we now call ashleys tree, my dad comes down and tells us to go up this one and he is going to make a new tree just a little bit over. we hesitate but proceed up the tree knowing the tree my dad is going to is almost right on top of where the moose are hiding(we think) wathcing and glassing the beauty of a moose swamp my dad reaches his tree not far away maybe 50 yards he proceeds up it cutting and braking branches, at this point i am looking towards my dad and i hear ashley tyring to get my attention. i turn and see an unfamiler black spot behind a brush in the north end of the meadow,, HOLY JESUS ASHLEY IS THIS OUR MOOSE i say as soft and quite as i could, we both start binoing this black ass as it is eating moving slowly, is this our moose i keep thinking, ashley keeps saying it is it is she has already glassed it while i was paying attention to my old man, it moves outta the one big brush in the swamp(its amazing how a moose can hide) my god a very destinctive bc alder brush moose rack with a goofy 4 or 3 point palm and 2 browtines on the left side. it is one of the moose my dad spotted the goofy antler moose,
i am pumped first leh first hunt with my amasing wife and their is a beauty bull 300 yards away and my dad walked the wrong direction. i try to get my dads attention, he is being abnormally loud for a so called stealth hunter as he breaks and cuts his way up and old spruce,
ashley gets the gun ready and finds a comfy spot in the huge spuce tree we are in 30 feet up in the air, should i due it wait, i say he is walking closer. the moose starts walikng closer to us and towards the tree i was calling/ antler rustling from so much the day before, at this moment i look over and see my dad turn and see the bull now standing in the middle of the swamp, he points to me as if we didnt notice it and then realises his favorite daughter inlaw has the ****in rifle up and is scoping the moose, wait he motions so he can get a better view and possibly take a shot if he has too(they both have leh) the moose now what we later learn to be 235 yards away is in close enough to take a decent shot,
i ask ash if she is comfortable and to shoot only if ready, she says im shaking i climb down to her because i am still a little higher in the tree kneeling beside her in the monster of a tree, i prop my knee up aiding in the shot, when ready i say,, she steadies leaned perfectly against the tree and me,, kkkaaabbbooommm,, whhhoooooo my ears is the first thing i think.. a miss the moose suprisingly just lifts its head chick click ashley slams another one in without a second thought, aim low i say were pretty high in this tree,, kabbbooomm a big jump and kick and the moose turns and loops back around the tree, silly moose to far we can still see you,, kabboom nice shoulder top long shot moose down stumble and down yeaaaahhhh what just happenned im stunned ears ringing i look over at my dad he cant tell moose down? i can see him mouth,, yeppers,, he comes running back and up our tree to congradulate,,
so we cant see it in the thick brush but we seen it go down, we wonder over and cant find the moose, everything looks different and the moose makes the swamp bursh seem small. i climb a tree and spot an antler over here i see it,,

hopefully the pictures will make it on here beauty 7 point extremly tasty terrace leh moose, wifes first moose(i have yet to get one since we both just started on our own) 235 yards 30 feet in a spruce tree last day of the hunt 935 am and she had to work at 3 pm left us in the swamp after helping with the gutting, and then me and my dad skinned and quartered the moose as she went to get ready for work,, after a long day and an extremly sore back the mooose was backpacked outta the swamp, would love to use a quad but their really goin hard on the environmantal swamp damage

kilometers
01-26-2013, 11:05 PM
4316Maybe this one will work

Hook or Bullet
01-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Well done - thanks for sharing the story and the pic

hunter1947
01-27-2013, 04:26 AM
4316Maybe this one will work

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4316&d=1358980690

Thats a dandy bull moose the miss got will be very good eater ,,thanks for your story and the picture ,,congrats to you and the miss.

sizedoes matter
02-01-2013, 06:08 PM
very nice good 4 u