PDA

View Full Version : Import shotguns from US

Discoverer
01-23-2013, 01:10 PM
I found the shotgun that perfectly met my needs. Unfortunately this gun isn't available anywhere in Canada, but for sale in Cabelas US.
While searching for available options I came across the company called "I run guns" who seems to import the shotgun to Canada for $200.

http://www.irunguns.ca/import-process.php

Did anyone have an experience with them or any other companies importing the shotguns from US?

Mr. Dean
01-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Whats the shotty?
If its not available in Canada, it may fall under some stupid law we have....

Never heard of that importer, but that doesn't mean they're bad; just never heard of 'em.

Foxton Gundogs
01-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Whats the shotty?
If its not available in Canada, it may fall under some stupid law we have....

Never heard of that importer, but that doesn't mean they're bad; just never heard of 'em.

X2 not sure what shotguns would not be available here unless its a production thing I know Stoeger's 3500 was available in the us a year before canada but I would think if its legal it is or at least will be available here

Discoverer
01-23-2013, 01:33 PM
http://www.cabelas.com/over-under-browning-cynergy-waterfowl-o-u-shotgun.shtml

Gateholio
01-23-2013, 01:35 PM
I'd ask here for th shotgun first. Then look to IRUNGUNS who seem to have a pretty good reputation on importing guns on CGN, but i've never used them.

Discoverer
01-23-2013, 01:39 PM
I'd ask here for th shotgun first. Then look to IRUNGUNS who seem to have a pretty good reputation on importing guns on CGN, but i've never used them.

Already asked everywhere I possible could, including Browning headquarter in Quebec, nobody has it. The gun discontinued in 2012, so I think Cabelas sells their leftovers.

Hellfish Hunter
01-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Try bass pro shops catalog Canada, they have it $2189

cheers

Foxton Gundogs
01-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Good luck with Bass Pro Canada apparently they forward you to a call desk in the us one of my waterfowl partners tried to order a gun and after a 2 day runaround was told they couldn't ship to Canada.

mikeboehm
01-23-2013, 08:52 PM
just checked brownings website. thaT gun is a brand new model. its not discontinued

Steeleco
01-23-2013, 09:48 PM
There's a place in Lynden Wash that will do all the paperwork for exporting guns, IIRC they're called Dave's sporting goods. They even had/have an account here. Look them up on the net.

bandit
01-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Try bass pro shops catalog Canada

bass pro Canada prices are way higher than us. I tried to order some cammo clothing off of them last year, they quoted 50% over the us price.

Also try prophet river firearms. Great reputation and charge less than $200 for importing guns

Discoverer
01-24-2013, 12:13 AM
just checked brownings website. thaT gun is a brand new model. its not discontinued

That's great news! I just checked last week and they were under historic section and now after the shot show listed as new. Yahoo ! Great news indeed. It should be easy to get here than.

Ian F.
01-24-2013, 06:45 AM
call clay at prophet river, if anyone can get you one its him

Crazy_Farmer
01-24-2013, 06:54 AM

One of the best

Dutch Ppoacher
01-24-2013, 11:35 AM
that is also a great price for that model o/u from browning!

Discoverer
02-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Wholesale sports has this gun available starting last week - http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/firearms/over-under-shotguns/cynergy-realtree-max-4/prod25894.html
There aren't any guns in Lower mainland, but they have couple in Regina and Calgary. I ordered one, should be here in 2-3 weeks. One of friend let me shot his Cynergy this weekend. I shot the round of trap and then tried different loads. With 3.5" BBB it kicks like a mule. If I would shot couple boxes of these shells, pretty sure would have a sore shoulder next day. Still love the gun, it will be perfect for the hunting we are doing.

Drillbit
02-04-2013, 04:43 PM

That's who I'd call too. They charged me $250 for importing. Melissa is who you talk to for importing. Takes a little while but a safe way to go. They usually buy them from all over till they fill a pallet of guns, then they ship the works. Saves them $ for shipping, but you have to wait for them to fill the pallet.

Questar will import for $500, so it's not worth it.
The new guys you mentioned ?? I haven't heard any bad stories about them and haven't used them, they might be fine.

WaderGator
02-04-2013, 08:53 PM
I had a good look at a cynergy in modb at reliable about a year and a half ago. Pretty sexy unit, im sure you'll have fun with that bad boy!