PDA

View Full Version : Badlands 4500 pack $250 new 13-jan-22

Cpl_Punishment
01-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Finally after close to a year of waiting and watching camofire.com , the Badlands 4500 pack came available for $250. Just ordered mine shipped to Blaine, with 5 hrs to spare from 11 am.

Ps this in not an Ad, I'm simply telling people how excited I am about my new kit. 😉

keoke
01-22-2013, 05:32 PM
My new kit is in the mail, ordered the medium and hope it fits. I also was waiting for this sale, now I can unsubscribe to the daily emails lol.

NovemberBravo
01-22-2013, 09:13 PM
Lol saw it on the email but decided to let it pass. Just got a pair of core4element switchback pants that I really wanted off of camofire so I figured I could let this deal slide

blackbart
01-22-2013, 11:22 PM
I have had one for about five years now and can say that they honour their warranty without question.

The only question that you may want to ask is why do I know that, and for how many problems???

Cpl_Punishment
01-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Well, Lets hear them Blackbart.....What can I expect?

knockturnal
01-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Failed zippers. thats what happened to mine. That was on an older one though. they seem to have fixed the problem on the newer models from what ive heard. I just sent it back and they fixed them all.

blackbart
01-28-2013, 12:09 AM
Failed zippers, almost all of them! The part you hold onto has broken on almost all of the zippers, not easy to close the zipper after that happens unless you have a zap strap or more. If you buy one of these packs make sure you carry some zap straps with you.

Broken clips on the waistbelt. Crappy material and not abuse. If you buy one of these packs better plan on carrying a few extras.

The main PLASTIC internal frame broke in half, both sides. Don't know when this happpend but I can't remember ever having abused it. Didn't even know the frame was broken until I sent the pack back for warranty work on the numerous other problems.

The PLASTIC inner of the waistebelt broke on a Stone's sheep hunt - the waistebelt was basically cut in two the way it was sewn. Try packing a very heavy load without a waistbelt!

The now fixed pack is for sale - anyone interested in this nightmare piece of crap pack??? Don't buy one if you have a choice. The only thing good about the pack is the warranty, which in my case proved to be very very good service!

The pack itself is very very heavy - likely around eight pounds. I have started back packing with my old pack frame and some seal bags - 1/2 the weight and more reliable. The badlands 4500 is just not very good for anything!!! (other than warranty work).

Piperdown
01-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Hey Bart kinda burst his bubble now didn't you :)