PDA

View Full Version : My last day of the season....a special one

Andrewh
01-18-2013, 12:01 AM
I wasn't feeling very optimistic about the hunt on the ride out because it was a beautiful day without a cloud in the sky and not a single mph breeze. I went way out into the foreshore and found a nice little opening that had water in it still and looked to hold water at low tide. I anchored the boat a ways away knowing the tide was going to drop as I didn't want to deal with dragging about...again. Grabbed the deaks and made my way over to the channel opening.

I set up 10 deaks and sat in one of the hundreds of holes that make up the outer Brunswick Foreshore. It was 3 in the afternoon and the sun was lowish and right behind me so I had a lot more cover than just the hole I was in. The ducks then started coming in and regularly. By 4:30 I was making my way through the feather filled water to collect my deaks. I had my limit on my last day of the season once again and I am thrilled because I was hoping for at best a couple at the beginning of the hunt.

I didn't shoot a duck outside 20 yrds and it felt GREAT!

Sorry for the crappy iphone pic...

Andrew

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g426/Andrewshorvath/hunting/photo-2_zpsf36d2d59.jpg

lorneparker1
01-18-2013, 12:09 AM
Great hunt! Looks like the first 4 are widgeons cant tell in the pic what the others are?

Lorne

Andrewh
01-18-2013, 12:14 AM
4 hen mallard and 4 widgeons.

lorneparker1
01-18-2013, 12:17 AM
awesome congrats!

Lorne

Foxton Gundogs
01-18-2013, 07:15 AM
Off for the last shoot at the marsh always a bitter sweet day.

Andrewh
01-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Good luck,

I was going to head out today too but I changed my mind, I want to end season on last day's hunt...

Angus
01-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Good stuff Andrew. Well done!

You guys are making me jealous. I've been laid up since Christmas and will not get to finish the season in the field. Maybe get out for Spring goose.

Good luck to all the guys going out today!