PDA

View Full Version : 8 On Ice

Duck Buster
01-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Hunting has been on the back burner since Christmass for me since my wife had to head to Ont. I have been home with my two oldest children, but there has been no way for me to head out for a hunt. Today however Ron.C came over to watch the kids in the afternoon so I could get out for one last duck shoot. Of course the past few days have put nothing but ice in all the ponds, and wanted to hunt close to home in case Ron needed me to come home for the kids. So I headed down to one of my spots, broke 1" of ice and set up. There were around 400 widgen sitting on the ice when I got there at noon so I had high hopes of birds comming back.

Thankfully the birds co-operated and through picking shots that kept birds over the land or in the shallows I was able to end the duck season with a nice limit.

Thanks so much Ron for giving up your Sunday afternoon so that I could head afield. It was well worth it.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Jan_13_Small.jpg (javascript:;)

kyleklassen
01-13-2013, 07:11 PM
very nice jamie..those birds will be great eaters.

lorneparker1
01-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Wow, i want Ron as my friend! Great gesture!

Nice bag Jamie.

Lorne

Duck Buster
01-13-2013, 07:14 PM
very nice jamie..those birds will be great eaters.

No Tartar sauce required on these ones Kyle.......:-D

Duck Buster
01-13-2013, 07:46 PM
I tried to make it all brown just for Foggy but I was on a time limit.........

pnbrock
01-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Me and wife want a date night how's Friday lookin Ron ? Nice lookin bag you got yourself. Well done!!!!

Ron.C
01-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Me and wife want a date night how's Friday lookin Ron ? Nice lookin bag you got yourself. Well done!!!!

sorry my friend, private time with your wife is all on you. My services are only offered for for important times like when a hunt is desperately required. ;)

No problem Jamie. Wasn't that long ago, Grey Cup Sunday if memory serves, that I had to call you for some help in locating a deer. Glad you got your 8.

Tanya
01-14-2013, 06:59 AM
Now, that is a good friend. Nice 8 birds too, congrats!