PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

camo-kazi
01-12-2013, 12:11 AM
With being new to the sport I have a general question.
Is it possible to hunt deer in season in the lower mainland and get away from other hunters?
Which areas have the least number of hunters? North of Pemberton v Hope and beyond?
I understand that you want to keep your favorite haunts secret, I'm just talking generally!
Thanks Guy's
Steve

Trophyslayer
01-12-2013, 12:24 AM
There are hunters everywhere Get of the road and into the bush! I have killed many a blacktail within 1hr of langley and some crankers too! If you ain't seeing deer slow down and look harder... Most hunters in the coastal region road hunt and they suck at glassing. blacktails are sneakey really sneakey look long and hard the deer are there

BiG Boar
01-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Where there are roads, there are hunters. Because, you can easily shoot deer on the road.

Where there are less hunters, there is age, and more deer. Get away from the roads, find more. & older deer.

Purd logical sense, get out of your vehicle, and to a place where you can spot from.

Weatherby Fan
01-12-2013, 12:42 AM
No Problem finding some solitude in BC to hunt deer,Hope to Princeton you will find lots of hunters but like the other posters mention,get off the beaten path away from the crowds and you will have no problem finding a deer.
Now that you have a perfect combination of Rifle and Scope in an awesome caliber your all set.......maybe a good set of binoculars and into the Alpine......you'll be laughing !

Steelpulse
01-12-2013, 12:52 AM
simple get a good pair of boots and walk for hours and hours and hours put in as much time on the ground as you can, like the other posts say get off the road most of the hunters road hunt

Singleshotneeded
01-12-2013, 01:38 AM
Check out Google Earth and BC Mapbooks and find openings, valleys, and topography that funnels deer into tighter areas...
within hiking distance of where you can get with your truck, and hike in there...good luck!