PDA

View Full Version : rainbow fishing region 8 mountain lakes!

Muliechaser
01-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Waiting for the spring thaw and counting down the days till the first fishing trip of the new year.
Whats everybodys favorite type of style ,lure, lake as in remote quad/ hike in smaller lakes, or big water ect.
Favorite times of year/ day that you like to fish and when u have the most success and with what..

Saying what color pattern you use . If you want to its up to you,

I find myself.much beter at fishing than i do.hunting lol.. i have success most times.
But always find that evening in early spring is best on somthing with yellow and black patterns,
Pink, red and blue. And always a spinner for me! :cool:

Late summer fall and late fall . Neon green ,black , silver and rednblack all spinners again.

I prefer small hike ins .. bigger fish! And alot more peacfull lol.
Curious to see what and how others tackle these lakes and fish.

Also curious to know if there are any lakes that are still 100%unstocked and hold wild rainbows in this valley
Mc

Sofa King
01-11-2013, 11:16 AM
in region 8.
my favourite area is bear creek.
i have a couple little lakes up there that are awesome.
never another soul around any time i've been to them.
and both provide some awesome fights through the evening.

always prefer the flyrod.
i go to it first always, and then switch to whatever method is needed.
even trolling on the big lakes, my go-to rod is my flyrod.

the mountain lakes, i prefer them on the summer days.
get up out of the valley into higher elevations.
it's still hot up there too, but so much more peaceful.
plus, okanagan lake is a zoo all summer.
damn albortions.

Muliechaser
04-18-2013, 05:21 AM
Chute lake has been good to me biggest rainbow being 3.5 lbs.
Altho that was 10 years ago there still in there . Just to busy now . When the access closed from the kelowna side after the fire it was very quiet.

I have a walk in lake south east of penticton good 45 minute drive
See maybe 2-5 ppl all year in there . AMAZING fishing . On a spinner of course :-D. I prefer spin cast . But ocationally do some fly fishing. Nothinglike hookin a 3 lber and it feels like 8 lol

Mc

Muliechaser
04-18-2013, 06:00 AM
Off topic valley bottom lakes are producing some 20 plus inch rainbows right now .right off shore Get out there!

GoatGuy
04-18-2013, 09:19 AM
10-2, chronies 90% of the time Bigga fish.

ruger#1
04-18-2013, 09:32 AM
CIL, The best damn lure out there.

ncurrie
04-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Region 8 fishing hhhmmm,
the only type of fishing is fly fishing,
love the smaller lakes that you can hike in, but living at white lake half the time has its advantages as well. Really enjoy bison lake as well.
love to use chironomids, shrimp, leeches, Carey's, water boatmen, 52 Buick.

aggiehunter
04-18-2013, 06:33 PM
can you say "snowcone....

sarnold
04-18-2013, 07:02 PM
I grew up fly fishing out of a belly boat, love all the little lakes on Aberdeen plateau....HOWEVER in the last couple years we've ventured onto Shuswap:) trolling buck tail on a fly rod nailing 4-15 lbs bows is just unreal !!! My personal best was a 9.5 lb bow on a fly rod:) 25mins to get it to the boat

hunter1993ap
04-18-2013, 07:12 PM
I grew up fly fishing out of a belly boat, love all the little lakes on Aberdeen plateau....HOWEVER in the last couple years we've ventured onto Shuswap:) trolling buck tail on a fly rod nailing 4-15 lbs bows is just unreal !!! My personal best was a 9.5 lb bow on a fly rod:) 25mins to get it to the boat
sounds like great fun! I mainly fish out of a belly boat, should be some good lakes opening up this weekend. have you fished on shuswap with a belly boat? I love fishing big water with a belly boat,

Lillypuff
04-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Vinson Lake big fish. Chronies are magic if you can come close to matching the hatch

sarnold
04-19-2013, 06:55 PM
I've never fished Shuswap in a belly but its defenitly do able! There's a few places people hike to and fish from shore, you could hike to one of those spots and put in there, be very aware of the weather it can change very fast, I've been in some 4-5ft chop on that lake an was very thankful for the deep v of the double eagle:)!!
murdock point is where I'd head to with the belly.....that's a great spot to start, some big bows around there:)

Stone Sheep Steve
04-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Vinson Lake big fish. Chronies are magic if you can come close to matching the hatch
Haven't fished it in quite some time but that's one lake that has had my number.

SSS

Stone Sheep Steve
04-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Region 8 fishing hhhmmm,
the only type of fishing is fly fishing,
love the smaller lakes that you can hike in, but living at white lake half the time has its advantages as well. Really enjoy bison lake as well.
love to use chironomids, shrimp, leeches, Carey's, water boatmen, 52 Buick.

White lake?? Man, I'm jealous. Have many good memories from that lake...but those memories are starting to fade.

Time for a refresher!

SSS

Lillypuff
04-19-2013, 08:03 PM
It owes my one rod, reel and line about 500$ and the cost of a Diver. Also a pair of 90$ sunglasses. I have not fished it in a number of years but very fond memories. White lake use to be my favourite in the early 90,s.

Sofa King
04-19-2013, 08:09 PM
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w362/deddeer/lakers008_zps34a94cf5.jpg (http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/deddeer/media/lakers008_zps34a94cf5.jpg.html)

Sofa King
04-19-2013, 08:10 PM
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w362/deddeer/004_4_zps4ea8b5fe.jpg (http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/deddeer/media/004_4_zps4ea8b5fe.jpg.html)

ncurrie
04-19-2013, 08:20 PM
White lake?? Man, I'm jealous. Have many good memories from that lake...but those memories are starting to fade.

Time for a refresher!

SSS

Look for the big grey house on the west end of the lake, can't miss it from the water. If I am not there my mom is there. Watched one guy last sunday anchor in front of the house and catch one after another. If I wasn't so sick I would of pulled the boat in the water and went out.

hunter1993ap
04-19-2013, 08:52 PM
I've never fished Shuswap in a belly but its defenitly do able! There's a few places people hike to and fish from shore, you could hike to one of those spots and put in there, be very aware of the weather it can change very fast, I've been in some 4-5ft chop on that lake an was very thankful for the deep v of the double eagle:)!!
murdock point is where I'd head to with the belly.....that's a great spot to start, some big bows around there:)

Okanagan is the same, very unpredictable weather. although I have fished in 2-3 foot chop and it wasn't that bad. just kinda float around on top the waves, kinda hard getting back if the wind isn't going with you though!

Sofa King
04-19-2013, 09:06 PM
some guys do really, really well just going out off the creekmouths in the bellyboat/pontoons.
mission creek and peachland are some great spots.
i've already said too much.

Muliechaser
04-20-2013, 05:26 AM
some guys do really, really well just going out off the creekmouths in the bellyboat/pontoons.
mission creek and peachland are some great spots.
i've already said too much.

Yes duallie you have! What do u think your doing givin my holes away . Lmao