PDA

View Full Version : Glue in field points and mini blazers

RoscoeP
01-09-2013, 04:21 PM
I have been thinking about trying some glue in field points for my every day 3D arrows. What is the best stuff to glue them in so they can be removed if the tip is damaged(hot glue?) if so what kind? Also my arrows are on the border line to the next stiffer size, so today I did up three with mini blazers(regular blazers before) and put in 80 gr field points(100gr before) This I believe should give me abit more speed and in a way make the spine stiffer because of the lighter tip? If they work out I may try the glue in type, depending on the feedback I get here.
As always thanks for the help, Cheers Roscoe :-D

RoscoeP
01-10-2013, 09:33 PM
No replies here yet but I did get out and shoot today. The mini blazers worked out really good but I changed the tips back to 100 gr. The 80's had a different impact point and I didn't have the time to resight the bow today. I did a round of 3D after abit of practice and shot 3 arrows at each target (15 targets) All arrows were 100 gr screw in field points, at each target I shot 1 with regular Blazer, 1 with mini Blazer and 1 with a 2" Fushion vane.
Over all I think the small blazers shot the best so I made up 4 more this evening. I was shooting off a .010 blade rest. Cheers Roscoe

Bowzone_Mikey
01-12-2013, 06:33 PM
dont worry about removing them ... ... use a 2 part epoxy or a got tuff product ... you dont wanna heat up the arrow ... if its carbon .. could cause signifigant damage to the carbon ...

if you wanna remove the point for whatever reason ... throw a weight into the back and swing the the arrow .. to get the weight to hammer the back of the tip.. that will crack the bond ... But I cant ever think of a reason to remove glue in points ..If you think you want to change point weights .. I suggest leaving screw in inserts in place ... if you want 100 grain points ... alot of inserts are 13-15 grains ... go with 85 screw in points ...