PDA

View Full Version : Hunters paradise

444 Dan
01-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Imagine that you live in a place where last year only wolves killed 16,000 domesticated reindeer and 313 horses! The governor declares state of emergency! A place where you get $660 per adult wolf pelt and $50 for the skin of a cub! And you could get an extra $300 for an adult pelt if you live in a city that feels threatened by the large wolves packs. A region where each year the second Saturday of April is official Hunting Holiday!

And yes this place is for real and makes you understand why Gerard Depardieu moved in there!

Welcome to Siberia, Russia!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/09/world/europe/predatory-wolves-in-siberia-lead-to-a-boon-for-hunters.html?smid=tw-nytimesscience&seid=auto&_r=0

A semi-auto would help you make $96k per year over 100 pelts only! And vodka's not bad either!

Mr. Dean
01-08-2013, 06:24 PM
mmmmmm Vodka. :razz:

Moose63
01-08-2013, 06:43 PM
It's still Siberia........

lip_ripper00
01-08-2013, 06:46 PM
ya but, mmmmmmmmmmm Vodka

rocksteady
01-08-2013, 07:11 PM
ya but, mmmmmmmmmmm Vodka

And copious amounts of borscht !!

444 Dan
01-08-2013, 07:32 PM
It's still Siberia........

OK. One more argument. Have you ever noticed the ads with the Russian brides? Blonds, tall, blue eyes speak little English - after all yes/no & taking care of your empty glass would do! There are tons of them happy to meet the foreigner that decided to be the 13th warrior and help their remote city get rid of the ferocious beasts that prey on tens of thousands of innocent reindeer. Soon enough they would get the Santa's so you help the kids as well :)

So after a manly hunt if vodka's not enough to warm your tired body there might be other solutions available for keeping you warm in the cold Siberian nights.

Now you better think of how to get a permanent resident status make tons of money & have tons of fun!

P.S. Every year they also kill many predator brown bears as well! Open season for everything but the Siberian Tiger!

Sofa King
01-08-2013, 07:36 PM
now if you aquired a taste for wolf, then maybe that wouldn't be bad.
but as someone already stated, it's still siberia.
personally, i prefer to shoot deer.
i like to eat what i kill.

Drillbit
01-08-2013, 07:56 PM
It would be a hunting paradise for sure.

Can't believe Jim Shockey hasn't been there done that yet......

suburbanpat
01-08-2013, 07:57 PM
far too close to the gulag for me

finngun
01-08-2013, 08:19 PM
far too close to the gulag for me
and too much of sauerkraut and too close of siberia.. :mrgreen:

444 Dan
01-08-2013, 08:48 PM
You must be married :)

Hey gulag no more. You're 60 years late!

But you might be able to see one of these Russians in the backcountry

http://www.atonimpulse.com/Welcome_to_Aton_Impulse.html

Click on the tabs 'cause it looks good!

444 Dan
01-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Or you might use one of these environmentally friendly methods to get to the huge brown bears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7wmuKkxzUs

Stone Sheep Steve
01-08-2013, 09:26 PM
And the hunters are expected to continue to get a pass from the country’s conservationists. “There are too many wolves in Russia,” said Vladimir G. Krever, the director of the program in biodiversity in Russia with the World Wildlife Fund.

There just might be some hope for the WWF.

SSS

one-shot-wonder
01-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Is it me or are wolves in the media everywhere in the Northern hemisphere these days???

When do you think society will understand that they are alive and well.......and need to be managed!
Duallie before you get your pantyhose tied into a knot, I said managed...not extirpated.

Pioneerman
01-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Where do we sign up ? Surprising they would pay that kind of money since the bounty on one wolf is more than most people make there in a whole year.

REMINGTON JIM
01-08-2013, 10:24 PM

Yea in a ARGO ! LOL :) RJ

444 Dan
01-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Checked on wikipedia. Less than 1 million people. Only industry is mining. Rest is cattle breeding/reindeering.

Wloves kill 16,000 reindeers + 313 horses. At $100 per animal total loss is 1.7 million per year. They give away (bounty) 0.5 million per year. Do the math!

hunter1947
01-09-2013, 05:04 AM
Me thinks I should head over there for a winter or two shoot wolves pay my way and living costs I like..

Liptugger
01-09-2013, 03:59 PM
OK. One more argument. Have you ever noticed the ads with the Russian brides? Blonds, tall, blue eyes speak little English - after all yes/no & taking care of your empty glass would do! There are tons of them happy to meet the foreigner that decided to be the 13th warrior and help their remote city get rid of the ferocious beasts that prey on tens of thousands of innocent reindeer. Soon enough they would get the Santa's so you help the kids as well :)

So after a manly hunt if vodka's not enough to warm your tired body there might be other solutions available for keeping you warm in the cold Siberian nights.

Now you better think of how to get a permanent resident status make tons of money & have tons of fun!

P.S. Every year they also kill many predator brown bears as well! Open season for everything but the Siberian Tiger!

Dan, better ask for pics of their mothers first! They my end up looking like Ed Asner.

bugler
01-09-2013, 04:37 PM
A friend of mine who worked in mines in Siberia put it this way. "A Canadian man could go to Magaden looking for a wife and if he did not come back with an absolute knockout that would make most Canadian women look plain he would have to consider himself a giant loser."

Too bad the hunting for things without fangs is probably really bad if the wolves are that big a problem. Still, Russian women and vodka......

drakfero
01-09-2013, 08:22 PM

he did brown bear hunting in Kamchatka...