PDA

View Full Version : Here`s a thought

sawmill
01-06-2013, 01:15 PM
If I`m ice fishing I can only have one line inn the water.
If i am alone in a boat I can have 2.
Sooooooooooooo
It only says a boat on the lake,if I drag my little flat bottom skiff out there:twisted:

little moose
01-06-2013, 01:18 PM
simple just cut 12' hole, put 10' boat in and fish out each end

ruger#1
01-06-2013, 01:25 PM
simple just cut 12' hole, put 10' boat in and fish out each end Or he could cut a smaller hole and use a float tube.

landphil
01-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Wax the bottom, and it should work as a sledge for your gear too.:mrgreen:

Seriously though? I would be looking it up in the Act, not just the regulations synopsis. And practically, you are asking for tangled lines, no?

rocksteady
01-06-2013, 01:26 PM
You have to row the boat from shore first though?

Drillbit
01-06-2013, 01:29 PM
ice fish
… with one line and one lure,

artificial fly or other terminal attractor.

It is your legal responsibility to warn
other people of the existence of your ice
hole and remove your ice hut before ice
breakup.

Out of the regs. Might have to cut a big hole so the boat is floating to make that fy?:)

Phreddy
01-06-2013, 02:07 PM
If you don't warn other people of your ice hole, you might get kicked in your (ice) hole.

landphil
01-06-2013, 03:46 PM
If you don't warn other people of your ice hole, you might get kicked in your (ice) hole.
Would a bright orange shirt with "Warning! Ice Hole!" across the front and back suffice?

beeugle
01-07-2013, 05:18 PM
If I`m ice fishing I can only have one line inn the water.
If i am alone in a boat I can have 2.
Sooooooooooooo
It only says a boat on the lake,if I drag my little flat bottom skiff out there:twisted:rumor has it you better be wearing a life jacket!!!!!:mrgreen:

dragonslayer
01-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Sawmill you break me up, made my day, what a great question!

ianwuzhere
01-07-2013, 06:15 PM
if your on ice then yer ice fishing.
good try tho ;)

Stone Sheep Steve
01-07-2013, 07:13 PM
rumor has it you better be wearing a life jacket!!!!!:mrgreen:

And don't forget your boating safety kit!

Seriously...I did hear a story just like this...where a guy tried this after getting busted the week before for having 2 lines in the ice.......but don't know if it was true or not. CO gave him a tickek for no life jacket. "Apparently" happened in the W Lk area.
Can anyone confirm this? Internet legend?

SSS

Spirit's Master
01-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Would you need your boatsmart course for this adventure?

sawmill
01-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Only if you had a motor on the boat.

knockturnal
01-09-2013, 07:24 PM
And don't forget your boating safety kit!

Seriously...I did hear a story just like this...where a guy tried this after getting busted the week before for having 2 lines in the ice.......but don't know if it was true or not. CO gave him a tickek for no life jacket. "Apparently" happened in the W Lk area.
Can anyone confirm this? Internet legend?

SSS

I also heard this a few years back. Guy would drag a 10ft rubber dingy out on the ice with him on wood lake. He would fish 2 lines. Dont know what happened to him with tickets or what not.

Caribou_lou
01-10-2013, 10:52 AM
It is a motion that has been passed a few years back. There should be nothing wrong with fishing two rods while out ice fishing. You can't take home any more fish.

Here's something I have thought about looking into. Using another rod with no hook and just bait. when you see your getting bites you pull out the one without a hook and drop one down with a hook. Is it considered fishing two rods if one doesn't have a hook?