PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy butcher paper and tape in vancouver

fishingguy44
01-06-2013, 12:27 PM
any help would be great, gunna try my hand at cutting up my own deer.

sawmill
01-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Any big grocery store has it,Superstore,Safeway ,Overwatie ect.Buy butcher string too.And a felt pen.And Bandaids.Have fun,I do!

Jason Melo
01-06-2013, 01:32 PM
HY LOUIE for butcher paper and you can just use masking tape to hold it together

SHACK
01-06-2013, 05:35 PM
stuffers on fraser hwy

Steeleco
01-06-2013, 06:29 PM
stuffers on fraser hwy

That's where I get mine, but it's 1000m and has lasted me 4 years thus far. Might be a little much for a newbie. Try the local grocery outlet first.

elktracker1975
01-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Get yourself a vacuum sealer like a FoodSaver at costco, meat lasts longer, easier to package. It does end up costing a bit more but worth it.

Whonnock Boy
01-06-2013, 06:36 PM
That's where I get mine, but it's 1000m and has lasted me 4 years thus far. Might be a little much for a newbie. Try the local grocery outlet first.

It is a lot, however you need a couple rolls from wherever that cost 10 bucks or so to do a deer. Probably more if you're doing a moose. I don't know really. The roll is 35 bucks and is way, way, way cheaper in the long run.

tomahawk
01-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Get yourself a vacuum sealer like a FoodSaver at costco, meat lasts longer, easier to package. It does end up costing a bit more but worth it.
A bit more? I think it would be a lot more wopuldnt it?

Steeleco
01-06-2013, 06:57 PM
It is a lot, however you need a couple rolls from wherever that cost 10 bucks or so to do a deer. Probably more if you're doing a moose. I don't know really. The roll is 35 bucks and is way, way, way cheaper in the long run.

Agreed 100% but in the name of experimentation one box will tell a newbie cutter if "do it yourself" is right for them. For those that do step into the need for large rolls, do yourself a favor and purchase the 18" craft paper cutter stand. I got mine on e-bay, actually got 2 and sold one here.

The food saver bags are good, but I find them to pin hole in the freezer all too easily. I've found no better setup than a Costco roll of Saran wrap and an equally large amount of butcher paper. I've done quite a few of my own critters and not just a few friends too. Damn rolls never seem to run out.

Whonnock Boy
01-06-2013, 07:19 PM
A bit more? I think it would be a lot more wopuldnt it?

Yes! And as Steeleco said, they do lose their seal all too much. Scrounge around a few times looking for a prime cut, and the likely hood of it rises. Paper by itself is just as good or better. Add the saran, and you have a bullet proof package for your meat. Why did Trojans come to mind after I typed this..... :mrgreen:

high and to the right
01-06-2013, 10:32 PM
I got some at Costco a couple years ago that should last me for 15 years but only if I shoot a moose, elk, deer, 2 bears and 3 horses per year. lol Huge roll for $45 if I remember correctly.

TheProvider
01-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Vaccum sealers come on sale for great deals. I love mine. Very fast to use. If you take your time and saran wrap and use butcher paper it will work just as well. Definately dont try to save time by wrapping sloppy.

hunter1947
01-07-2013, 04:52 AM
Canadian Tire has what you are looking for..

cruiser
01-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Got a large roll at save-on about 6 yrs back. Had to ask for it since they only had the small rolls out on the shelf. Was less than $40 IIRC.

I only use freezer paper, no bags or saran wrap. Haven't had any problems with freezer burn on anything thats been in the deep freeze less than 2 yrs. Most doesn't get a chance to be in there that long.