PDA

View Full Version : Cheap pork for sausage makers

huntinnewbie
01-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Independent Grocer in Abbotsford, they are in the Seven Oaks Mall where Extra Foods used to be, are having a sale on pork sholder roasts.
$1.00 per pound. These roasts are minus the leg and the skin but are still bone in. However they are a greaat deal for sausage makers looking to add pork.
As an added bonue if you go on Monday or Tuesaday this coming week it is their customer appreciation days and you will get an extra 10% off if you spent $25.00 or 12% with $50.00 spent or 15% with $100.00 spent.

reach
04-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Bumping an old thread. Was in Save-On today and saw they have boneless pork sirloin for $1.00/lb. That's the cheapest I've seen anywhere. No idea how long the price is good for.

For BBQ (pulled pork) I prefer the bone-in shoulder but can't beat that price I think. Had to grab a couple of packs. Honey garlic pork tonight :D

The Dawg
04-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Umm. You gonna do another pulled pork? :)

reach
04-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Umm. You gonna do another pulled pork? :)
Haha you missed it! I did one on Tuesday or so. Leftovers are in the freezer already.

These ones are smaller anyway - 4 or 5 pound packages that each contain 2 chunks of meat. For pulled pork one big roast (7 or 8 lb) is best. This stuff is perfect for grinding or cubes/strips (sweet & sour etc.)

Boner
04-14-2013, 06:56 AM
Bumping an old thread. Was in Save-On today and saw they have boneless pork sirloin for $1.00/lb. That's the cheapest I've seen anywhere. No idea how long the price is good for.

For BBQ (pulled pork) I prefer the bone-in shoulder but can't beat that price I think. Had to grab a couple of packs. Honey garlic pork tonight :D

I had some for dinner last night. Sliced it into steaks for the BBQ. I'm picking up a bunch more too. I'm eventually going to make some bratswurst. They're a good size for a package, quick to thaw out in comparison to the 7-8 kg pork sirloin packs.