PDA

View Full Version : how's the ice on st mary lake?

beeugle
01-05-2013, 09:38 AM
as the topic says..... anyone know how the ice is on the st marys lake, is it safe???

MillBay
01-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Obviously you don't mean "St Marys lake" Salt spring Island. Although that should be pretty good fishing right now.....no ice.

beeugle
01-05-2013, 02:51 PM
nope meaning st marys lake by kimberley...... where there will definitely be ice..... just how much!!!!

Poguebilt
01-05-2013, 02:52 PM
ask sawmill... im sure he will know down to the mm this year as he fell in last year!!

beeugle
01-05-2013, 02:55 PM
funny i heard about that!!! I was thinking if I get a reply it would be him as you're right he's the man should know!!!!

sawmill
01-06-2013, 01:04 PM
ask sawmill... im sure he will know down to the mm this year as he fell in last year!!
Ahem,twice actually.:mrgreen:
On the far side,away from the river there is 8 or so inches.My buddy TPB was fishing the campground side left of the old pilings 3 weeks ago,he said there was 4 inches out there.I wasn`t about to go look though,that`s where I did the polar bear last winter.It looked damn scetchy to me,they were within 50 feet of open water.It`s been pretty cold for a while so it should be safer although when I went in I had just drilled through 12 inches of ice,took 3 steps to one side and SPLOOSH.Same damn thing happened the next weekend and I had moved farther away from the pilings.At least this time I wasn`t alone.

I`m going to check it out next weekend I think,there are some beuatys to be had out there,I can`t stay away.....

beeugle
01-06-2013, 03:49 PM
well to answer my own question.... lots of ice, 6 inches by the pylons, we did awesome, caught a whole bunch of nice cutty's , a few small bulls, and a couple whiteys..... all in all perfect day, no one there in the morning, a lot of people started showing up about noon... sorry no pics, buddy had the camera..... guys are even out there on quads and a snowmobile... braver than me... oh and sawmill hope to see you out there sometime, met you there last year..... on a day you were dry.....!!!!! you're too big to be bait....!!!

sawmill
01-06-2013, 05:32 PM
That`s great to hear Beeugle,I always try to get there at first light and leave by noon.Definatly out next weekend.

rocksteady
01-06-2013, 06:01 PM
What size were the fish beeugle? And what bait were you usin?

beeugle
01-06-2013, 07:02 PM
best one was close to 3 pounds, we tried lots of different things.........:-D but today one bait was the best........!

sawmill
01-07-2013, 10:45 AM
best one was close to 3 pounds, we tried lots of different things.........:-D but today one bait was the best........!

And that would be?

beeugle
01-07-2013, 12:37 PM
worms!!! we had everything under the sun with us.. it was the worms this time!!