PDA

View Full Version : chilliwack/Fraser valley area

Vancouver1234
01-04-2013, 01:23 AM
Hey everyone, I am just curious about what it is like around chilliwack for accessability on fsr and such. Usually around this time of year I don't get out much into the bush, but I am getting very bored of not getting out there! Just curious if there are any hikes around that area that would be possible to do even if there is snow, which I am sure there is, ford mountain? vedder mt., or around chilliwack lake? Sumas? If anyone has any info on those areas or suggestions on other areas possible to explore this time of year that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks very much.

itsy bitsy xj
01-04-2013, 02:54 AM
Well I was up near Chilliwack Lake back around Dec 14th and there was 4-6 inches of snow. By now there must be lots more. My family has a cabin/house 2kms before the lake and I usually head up there in Jan to spend a quite weekend partying with friends lol. By mid January we usually have 12-18 inches of snow.

Fella
01-04-2013, 11:56 AM
I have a lot of friends who do Lindeman Lake in the snow. There's no cell service up there though so if you do it, come prepared just in case. It's not a hard hike, but there are some steep sections, and some where you have to scramble over scree and boulders so I'm not sure how that'd work in the snow. Don't know if you've been up there in the summer or not, but it's a beautiful little lake.

bruin
01-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Buy a good pair of snowshoes, lots of options open up. Sumas Grind past the Abbotsford Gun club is a good one with no snow this time of year. Chadsey Lake on the backside will have snow but passable with snowshoes. Check maps for trails. Vedder Valley has lots and lots of trails. Just check maps.

Fella
01-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Buy a good pair of snowshoes, lots of options open up. Sumas Grind past the Abbotsford Gun club is a good one with no snow this time of year. Chadsey Lake on the backside will have snow but passable with snowshoes. Check maps for trails. Vedder Valley has lots and lots of trails. Just check maps.

Exactly, tons of places to explore out in the Chilliwack valley. Not sure if you've been up there but it's pretty steep terrain so be prepared!