PDA

View Full Version : needing some help with ducks

4pointer
12-10-2006, 07:07 PM
I've hunted a lot of big game but am entirely new to waterfowl. Can you guys help me with info on hunting waterfowl, attaining maps, or general public areas in the lower mainland and their restrictions? The regulations are limited and I would like to know if I have to call the CO for more detailed information.

Dano
12-10-2006, 11:15 PM
To hunt the lower mainland, you will need a basic hunting license and a migratory bird permit (from the post office or outlet stores), and on top of these, your Fraser Valley Special Area (FVSA) permit (which you need to produce evidence you have $1 million liability insurance). The special area permit is available at the usual lower mainland licence outlets for hunting licence. Local stores should have an updated FVSA map, Government agent outlets should too. Read everything thouroughly, some areas are open but you need a landowners permission and sometimes another municipal permit (like Westam Island, I believe). Local RCMP or Provincial FWS should give you exact areas and regulations.
It's complex at first but do some homework. Going out and scouting around (without a gun) is a good idea. You can see where guys are shooting and possibly talk to them and get more info (of course you will be liable to make sure that info is correct).
Good luck,
Dano