PDA

View Full Version : Wild Boar Sask hunts.

longshotz
01-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Looking to go on a wild boar hunt in Saskatchewan this year. Obviously a penned hunt. The Silvertine operation comes up in my research.
Has anyone used this service and if so what has been your experience?
While I have hunted for some 45 years all over Canada this is a first time gig and any "ben there and dun that" info would be greatly appreciated, either on this particular operation or another. PM if that is preferred.
First hand information only please and thanks.

warnniklz
01-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Does it have to be Samsquanchewan? I think there is/was a place up Fort St. John that had the same idea as well.

The Dude
01-01-2013, 09:57 PM
I've met the owner and his wife in BC, nice guy, and he has written a book on hunting stories. Steve....... hmmmm.... forget the last name, but prolly on his site. He sells Elk too.
Haven't been to his operation, but from what I can gather, he's a very decent fellow.

longshotz
01-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Does it have to be Samsquanchewan? I think there is/was a place up Fort St. John that had the same idea as well.
I would rather stay in BC so if you know the contact information then forward onto me please and thanks.

BChunter
01-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Silvertine is owned by Steve Rahn from BC. I was there this past fall with a partner on his elk hunt and we also shot two hogs in a 5 acre fenced area.
The elk hunt was fenced and we saw monster elk each day,and some huge whitetails. As a spectator, I had a great time. Steve has another guide who was also an excellent guide. They process the elk quarters on a gallow and have a cooling shed.
Steve has very good animals including Yak bulls, Buffalo bulls, white Elk, Manitoba Elk, trophy typical and non-typical whitetails to drool for! The deer are not stupid and still shy so their like hunting a coastal blacktail. The elk will be approachable within 100 yards but don't stick around. You will bring home a spectacular trophy and the meat is delicious. The cost is not so much when you consider the same amount may go out the door in 4-5 years here in BC trying for a mediocre bull elk or whitetail buck. Steve sells out each year so plan ahead. His small bulls are around 370 plus and he has 400 inch-plus bulls. Check his web site for more juicy info!