PDA

View Full Version : legal to bring back a compound bow from the states?

gameslayer
12-30-2012, 11:04 PM
A friend just asked me if it is legal to bring back a compound bow from the states? I know that rifles and I believe ammo is a no no but I was thinking that a bow & possible accessories not being a firearm would be good to go. Anyone know, figured one of you bow pro's on here might before I do a web reach thanks

Cheers.

TheProvider
12-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Are you talking through the mail or in s vehicle going through the border?

The Dawg
12-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Yup. No issues as far as I know- you can order online easy

Gateholio
12-30-2012, 11:10 PM
it's just a bow, don't worry about it. The Taliban have not yet learned to shoot down choppers with a compound bow, even though they have seen the Rambo training film.

gameslayer
12-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Driving back over the border.

Good one Gates :-D

mikeboehm
12-30-2012, 11:15 PM
you can legally bring ammo gun powder and reloading supplies into canada. 5000 rounds of ammo at once. just dont get caught on the way to the boarder by us police unless you have proper export papers. but if you make it to the boarder with ammo and stuff your fine. as for bows no problem at all

gameslayer
12-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Great thanks guys, new I was asking the right folks. Not sure if there is much saving to be had on that kind of stuff.

Gateholio
12-31-2012, 02:21 AM
you can legally bring ammo gun powder and reloading supplies into canada. 5000 rounds of ammo at once. just dont get caught on the way to the boarder by us police unless you have proper export papers. but if you make it to the boarder with ammo and stuff your fine. as for bows no problem at all

Yeah, and if you DO get caught you are into a world of hurt and rubber gloving. Canada doesn't care. The USA REALLY cares!

Rackmastr
12-31-2012, 02:25 AM

Using that mentality, you can also import a pile of rifles into Canada as well, just dont get stopped by US authorities and you're fine.....lol.

People always talk about gunpowder, scopes, bullets, etc. Really a firearm is no different. Export laws apply, but its quite easy to import to Canada. Best bet is to cover your bases and follow US export laws, as they do frequent export checks at several border crossings....

Bowzone_Mikey
12-31-2012, 12:33 PM
No problem ... a bow is not considered a weapon ... its considered sporting equipment for the sport of Archery

Do it all the time

Edge
12-22-2014, 07:48 AM

I agree, from what I've been able to find out the issue with firearms , ammo etc is not bringing it into Canada ....it's that the Mericans fraid to let it go out of US. I'd ask at customs office bout archery. Phone call is cheap and then you'd know for sure..my $.02

Red arch
12-22-2014, 11:06 AM
. Realized from 2012.

Ferenc
12-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Driving around with Canadian plates in Washington state with a bow ... Sounds like fun !!!

Riverbc
12-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Perfectly legal to bring back a bow from the States. You can bring back a crossbow as well, as long as it doesn't have a scope (would need export permit) or designed to be shot with one hand. Again the scope part is because of the States...they feel it can be mounted on a firearm. :mad:

Blk Arrow
12-26-2014, 08:59 PM
Driving around with Canadian plates in Washington state with a bow ... Sounds like fun !!!
Been there done that. A 2 day 3-D shoot just south of the border. Got our equipment checked each day going down and once coming back. All by the Yanks. They were not worried about the bows but what else we might have.