PDA

View Full Version : 3D Bowhunter or compound fixed sites?

Lozzie
12-30-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm still pretty new to the 3D scene and was just wondering what class I belong in. I'm shooting a fixed pin compound bow, last time I was in the compound fixed pin class I think but then I heard of this bowhunter class so I'm just wondering what the deal is?

Bowzone_Mikey
12-30-2012, 11:12 AM
"Hunter" class is limited to 4 fixed pins, a single 12" or less stabilizer and screw in points on your arrows .... at one point in time you also needed to have 4" vanes .. but Thats been lifted to include all types of vanes, sight must not have a lens whether magnified or not ..no electronics .. sightlight etc...

Bowhunter Release or BHR means you can shoot any equipment you want but your sight pins must be fixed

Lozzie
12-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks, I guess I could go in either class then.

Bowzone_Mikey
12-30-2012, 11:49 AM
ya ... if you have equal equipment to qualify you for Hunter ... max range is 40 yards ...

the Genisis of Hunter class is to get new people involved ... some equip limitations... shorter max distances .. its a great class for shooters new to archery and 3D archery in particular

fozzy
12-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Some 3D shoots don't offer the hunter class Adam...

Lozzie
01-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Gotcha, I was just curious because I remembered there being a hunter class at the hell hole last year but there was only a handful of guys in it.

Some 3D shoots don't offer the hunter class Adam...