PDA

View Full Version : An Ice Fishing Funny :)

.300 R.U.M. Grizzly
12-29-2012, 09:42 PM
:-D While out ice fishing this morning, a friend from town had a hard strike and it took his rod through the hole. After the shock wore off, we had a good laugh.

Caribou_lou
12-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Ive seen this once. That's why I always make a good rod holder and loosen my drag! I do wonder how many times this happens in a year. Haha

Sideofabarn
12-29-2012, 10:04 PM
I have to admit it happened to me a few weeks ago. Thankfully the fish must have dropped the bait quickly, as we were able to retrieve the rod. Oh, and it almost happened to me again today, twice... :oops:

knighthunter
01-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Happened to me a few years ago. I was standing by the hole, kinda daydreaming I guess, then all of a sudden, my rod was gone out of my hand. A splash of water came out the hole and I was thinking WTF just happened. Good thing I was fishing alone that day or my buddies would of had a good laugh at my expense. Then I rigged up another rod, caught a couple of walleye and about an hour later I was looking down the hole, ( I was only fishing in about 6 feet of water with a rocky bottom) and I see a huge head of a pike going by, and then the body, had to have been 4 feet long, close to a 25 lber I guessed, and behind it a few feet was my icefishing rod going on a tour of the lake. That was about 8-10 years ago.

Mik
01-01-2013, 12:31 AM
The same thing just happened, twice, this weekend at Keefer Lake. Although the fish arent big, both rod ends managed to get stuck in the hole and when we went to retrieve them, the fish were still on the line :)

Drillbit
01-01-2013, 01:13 AM
Marmot Lake derby many years ago, a buddy lost his rod down the hole after an amazing swearing dive without spilling any Shnapps. The neighbours about 20 feet away ended up getting the works a half hour later. Derby winner. Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it. I still laugh every-time I hear about someone losing a rod down the hole.

knighthunter
01-01-2013, 01:23 AM
Yeah, it's always funny when it happens to somebody else. LOL.

ohotnik
01-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Last year we (4 people) had a fishing trip into Cariboo region. First morning ice-fishing we lost THREE rods one by one. Fish got them all. None were mine though and I almost died lauphing. :-D So in an hour of fishing we had a score 3:0 loosing to the fish... Very memorable trip.

Allen50
01-03-2013, 05:25 PM
i dont ice fish, as i dont know how to cook ice,, but just reading through the posts here and why would you not tie off your rod to something else so this does not happen to you and lose a nice rod,, just woundering,, tie off the handle so while your makeing something to drink or eat the fish does not get away with your nice fishing rod,,,so where are the pic of some of the fish you guys got,,, or did the fish get away with all the rods,,,,, lol lol lol...

warnniklz
01-03-2013, 05:30 PM
get a piece of plastic like a bucket lid large enough to cover the hole.

put a hole in the center of it, just big enough for the hook to fit through. then you'll
never lose a rod.

or... you could buy one of these
http://www.redlsports.com/B2BIMAGES/LARGE/00039364605996-L.JPG

knighthunter
01-03-2013, 11:30 PM
This topic was doing great as a "funny" too bad some people don't have a sence of haha.