PDA

View Full Version : Alberta hunting host program.

tightgrouper
12-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Has anyone hunted in AB under this program. How was it? Cost?

Doublelung
12-25-2012, 09:53 PM
The cost vary with tags. Was able to get the girlfriend out chasing whitetail a for around 190. Tags are around 125-140. Then you need a wildlife certificate and the hosting license.

sniper ren
12-25-2012, 09:54 PM
It's very easy! Just a matter of going in with the host and buying your W.I.N. card. It's been awhile but I think you might need to prove you have taken the C.O.R.E....ie so showing your bc hunting license.

Alberta has an awesome system in place for both resident/non resident hunters.

Cheers

Ambush
12-25-2012, 09:57 PM
You'll need your WIN number to start with.

You can buy all your licencees on-line and pick up your tags in almost any gas station. It costs me about $240 to shoot a white tail, including the extra bow hunter's licence.
Easy process for you and your host.

Duk Dog
12-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Some good info for you at this link.

http://www.mywildalberta.com/Hunting/NonResidentHunters/Default.aspx (http://www.mywildalberta.com/Hunting/NonResidentHunters/Default.aspx)

Rackmastr
12-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Works great!!! Nothing better than being able to share opportunity with friends and family. Cost is somewhere around the $200 mark for a WT tag, wildlife certificate, etc.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/Rackmastr/IMG_1250.jpg

srupp
12-31-2012, 08:20 AM
easy. inexpensive. fun. lots of game far friendlier program than my Buds coming to BC....hmmmm however one did get a 397 + caribou....l also put in for special tags..maybe this year will get the antelope draw? so far whities moose and mulies..

EXCEPTIONAL fun......even the trips to the emerg dept were easy...lol

cheers

STEVEN

jrjonesy
12-31-2012, 09:50 AM
Much much easier than the BC program. Step one...get your WIN card. Then you can go to any walmart or sports store etc with your hunter host and get your licenses and tags. Hunter host also needs to buy a hunter host license which is around $30 IIRC.

Blacktail
12-31-2012, 02:27 PM
I have hosted a couple guys over the past couple years
Easy system.........seems easier than when I was living in BC

Sarita 500
01-16-2013, 10:08 PM
This past season was my second trip to Alberta their licensing and tag system is far easier than ours IMO.To get started apply online for your win card i think something like 8 bucks once you have that you buy your wildlife certificate and tags over the counter as you would here.This year i shot an elk and my son shot a 5x5 whitetail for his first deer ever.

Springer
01-18-2013, 02:02 AM
easy. inexpensive. fun. lots of game far friendlier program than my Buds coming to BC....hmmmm however one did get a 397 + caribou....l also put in for special tags..maybe this year will get the antelope draw? so far whities moose and mulies..

EXCEPTIONAL fun......even the trips to the emerg dept were easy...lol

cheers

STEVEN

Let's just hope we have a mild winter and the tag numbers go up a bit ! We had a couple years of real bad winterkill ..heres hoping Steve !! They are so much fun to hunt !

srupp
01-18-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks Bro. appreciate the efforts .

cheers
Steven