PDA

View Full Version : Resident hunters night

bridger
12-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Just received an invitation from the GOABC to attend bc resident hunter night at their convention March 22 in Kelowna. Apparently they are setting aside one night to host resident hunters with dinner, dance, auctions (two sheep hunts) family oriented. Nice touch should be fun!

One Shot
12-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Rich, Is there an agenda to be discused at the dinner?

bridger
12-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Invitation says nothing about an agenda just fundraiser with auctoned hunts etc

boxhitch
12-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Sure there is an agenda , but not likely any discussion , its a fundraiser
Hope it doesn't dilute the WSSoBCs efforts the week earlier.

The Dude
12-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Well that's a good way to extend the olive branch, as it were, but an auction to resident hunters to raise money for GOABC has me scratching my head.
Are they going to use those funds to attempt to politically inflence MOE to limit Resident Hunting in BC?

One Shot
12-25-2012, 01:15 AM
I concur to the olive branch theory. It may be a start of a unified effort to deal with wildlife allocation and management with the Prov. as antihunting groups are often joining efforts against hunting.

bowhunterbruce
12-25-2012, 06:09 AM
just send an e-mail off to the goabc and ask them where the funds from the fundraiser is going to. im pretty sure that any localized hunter are not going to be paying large dollars for something they can hunt without the use of a guide. my guess is that any auctioned hunts for residents isnt even going to cover the cost's to even provide such a hunt.
i believe this is more of a "olive branch" invite to show that goabc is all about conservation and that we are all in it together. "united we stand,divided we fall" type of attitude.
just a thought
bhb

The Dude
12-25-2012, 08:20 AM
We have somemembers here that regularly pay big bucks for guided hunts, even in BC, so I could see someone rolling some coin.

I DO hope it's a unification measure. We need to present as united front, and stop sniping at each other, I agree.