PDA

View Full Version : Camo Material Source

ruttinbuck
12-19-2012, 08:50 PM
I prefer custom camo to mass produced and the local shops don't stock much for material anymore.
Anyone have a source for fleece or brushed cotton they would like to share?
thx RB

lovemywinchester
12-19-2012, 08:54 PM
I prefer custom camo to mass produced and the local shops don't stock much for material anymore.
Anyone have a source for fleece or brushed cotton they would like to share?
thx RB

Fabric land has all kinds of different camo patterns. The one in Kamloops anyway.

Mountaintop
12-19-2012, 09:35 PM
I've seen camo style fabric and fleece at Fabric Land in Duncan. They have a number of locations.

ruttinbuck
12-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Fabric land has all kinds of different camo patterns. The one in Kamloops anyway.
thanks for that I had given up on that place

Jerry Potts
12-21-2012, 01:07 PM
A friend emailed me a picture of an umbrella with a picture of a big buck on it. While it's pose looked a bit unrealistic ( it was in a bit of a crouch, instead of defiantly looking straight ahead) hiding behind that would be bound to make a buck stand his ground, for an easy shot.
Does anyone know where one can buy such a brolly?

Jerry Potts
12-28-2012, 05:25 PM
On second thought , that could get you shot. Only to be used in remote areas where there is little likely hood of encountering another hunter, only when you have sighted the buck.
Think i will buy several small samples of Fabriclands camo, put them side by side where I like to hunt, and pick the best one, maybe use it to re-cover a brolly.

ruttinbuck
12-28-2012, 05:55 PM
I was at fabric land today in Kamloops
The fleece is $17 a meter this week(50% off), the twill(cotton) is $24 a meter regular price.
Neither material really impressed me,the camo pattern fleece is essentially t shirt thickness.
The twill is thin as well and neither material was in patterns I am looking for(realtree AP, mossyoak, open country etc).
Some of the snow pattern fleece wasn't bad,but not what I am looking for.RB

KTownKiller
12-28-2012, 06:36 PM
I use a snow camo I got from Fabricland in Kelowna, and it works great. I put it over other layers of fleece, wool sweaters, and Rocky micro fleece as a base layer. I sit for a few hours in very cold weather, and take off some layers when I get up to go. Works great. I use Big Bill fleece on the outer layer when there's no snow, it's only $50 for pants and top. I don't like using anything that makes any kind of noise.