PDA

View Full Version : Zeiss classics

Ferenc
12-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Having used both my Zeiss binos 10x40...8x30s Classics for many years I had to to send off my one pair...the 10x40B classics to Gentec for repairs (fogging up)....what are you all using in regards to the Lieca...Swaro binos......I know mine are still good (Zeiss)...but hear since the classics were made a lot of advancements have been made in the industry to the lense coatings/glass on these particular models.....I guess the question would be what are your experiences in the european models .... and what would you lean towards.

Rodd
12-19-2012, 01:20 PM
I have my swaro's 10-40 ever since 1988... Been back for repairs once, as i wore the eye pieces right through to steel... Still using them, and they are awesome in my opinion. Well worth the investment to me.. I think all the top brands you've mentioned are great optics... choose one that works for you.. I have narrow eyes, and have truoble seeing properly through them if they don't close close enough together to create the single vision. This is why i bought Swaro's, they simply worked the best for me.

WKCotts
12-19-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm using the 10x42 Zeiss Victory FL. I looked at Leica, Swaro and Zeiss before settling on the Victory's. In my eyes, there were hands down the brightest and across the board all 3 were pretty even in clarity. Can't go wrong with any of them

smoothbor
12-19-2012, 05:47 PM
I bought the Swarovski EL range this year and absolutely love them, very crisp and nice to look and range at the same time. Best money I ever spent on optics, I would recommend to anyone looking to spend their hard earned loot on optics to check them out.

sheephunterab
12-24-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm using the 10x42 Zeiss Victory FL. I looked at Leica, Swaro and Zeiss before settling on the Victory's. In my eyes, there were hands down the brightest and across the board all 3 were pretty even in clarity. Can't go wrong with any of them

The new HT glass from Zeiss is even another step up from the Victory glass. It's unbelievable.