PDA

View Full Version : awesome moose burgers

604redneck
12-18-2012, 07:14 PM
So I am always trying new things out and rarely use a recipe. Today i made moose burgers and all of these ingredients are approximate but they were awesome

ground moose- 2 pounds
herb and garlic cream cheese- 125 g
eggs- 2
sour cream and cheddar chip crumbs- 2 cups
that is all...i made them and pressed them into patties on a baking sheet and put them in the fridge for a bit so they firmed up a bit.
hope someone else enjoys them
cheers
shane

doddatto
02-24-2013, 02:35 PM
There is a restaurant up by my cottage along a high way in ontario's cottage country that sells moose burgers, best burgers iv had, they had to build a bridge for people to cross the high way because some people where running across and getting hit, its allways packed. Im hopin i can make it out ther this summer gota finish the addition on it, been in works for like 4 years now!

Canadian276
04-16-2013, 07:00 PM
That sounds delicious, i have some ground elk that i may just make that with for supper tomorrow.

dizzydan
04-16-2013, 08:16 PM
There is a restaurant up by my cottage along a high way in ontario's cottage country that sells moose burgers, best burgers iv had, they had to build a bridge for people to cross the high way because some people where running across and getting hit, its allways packed. Im hopin i can make it out ther this summer gota finish the addition on it, been in works for like 4 years now!
I think the name is Webers

cyalatte
04-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Hey redneck, when you say "sour cream and cheddar chip crumbs" are you talking about regular (flavoured) potato chips?

longstonec
04-16-2013, 09:50 PM

Sounds like Webbers. Same guy running the grill for decades. Milk shakes and burgers to die for. Superburger is pretty amazing also... No wonder i grew 12 lbs when I was out there for a wedding.

604redneck
04-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Hey redneck, when you say "sour cream and cheddar chip crumbs" are you talking about regular (flavoured) potato chips?
yes i am they were old dutch sour cream and cheddar flavoured chips

Jim Prawn
04-18-2013, 09:32 PM
I have also used crushed potatoe chips for coating halibut when frying - very good. Looking forward to trying the moose burgers, but have to finish up the leftover elk stew from tonight first!
Thanks for the recipe.
JP

yes i am they were old dutch sour cream and cheddar flavoured chips

f350ps
04-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Sounds good but I gotta ask, after you put all that stuff in does it taste like Moose or do you dislike the taste of Moose meat? Don't take this as an insult, just curious. K