PDA

View Full Version : LML Waterfowlers.

Mr. Dean
12-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Non of you guys got Honkers w/ the opening last Saturday?

We came close but didn't get any shots off - New field and we're evedintly still working out the nuances of it.

warnniklz
12-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Gramps and 2 other guys got a few

Mr. Dean
12-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Gramps and 2 other guys got a few

Cool.
You aren't hunting?

It seems strange to me that I haven't heard of any local downed geese on HBC...

f350ps
12-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Cool.
You aren't hunting?

There's an old saying "loose lips sink ships" K

Freshtracks
12-18-2012, 02:02 PM
All reports from the Pitt Marsh are being held back now. :wink:

warnniklz
12-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Cool.
You aren't hunting?

Haven't hunted geese since I've moved up to Terrace in April... apparently no one hunts them up here??

However I did find some nice ponds loaded with ducks this year when I was deer hunting this year

There's an old saying "loose lips sink ships" K

and I don't tell anybody where I get anything... I even lied to my dad about where I got my deer this year

Dano
12-18-2012, 06:12 PM
All reports from the Pitt Marsh are being held back now. :wink:

I read a couple of the guys saw the CO out there, it's been slow for ducks for over a month with the high water conditions again this year. We had a good week or two in Nov, but that was it. Hoping the DU work isn't finished and the drainage can be improved so the birds stay around next year.
We never shoot too many geese in the marsh, they fly down the river out of Widgeon Creek (closed area) or over the marsh on their way to fields or golf courses. It's a pass shoot out there for the most part. I only saw geese fly over the marsh a handful of times this season.
Myself, I haven't been out for 3 weeks, my season is done because I have a narrowed disc and pinched a nerve in my neck causing my left shoulder and chest/neck to go numb if I look up for more than a few seconds. I'm off work and no shooting for at least a few months if I'm lucky. I was looking forward to trap Provincials in may and I heard the Canadian Trap Championships may be here in Vancouver again this year but I'm not sure. Have to see if I'm ok by then, depends on if I need surgery.
So no conspiracy, I haven't been out to the marsh for weeks. Last time I was, it was crappy.... if I had posted that, no one would have believed me! :)
Dano

nano
12-18-2012, 06:16 PM
I have seen nothing. Hopefully things change!

Steeleco
12-18-2012, 06:23 PM
All those damn geese are floating on the flooded fields at Glover and 232nd. I swear they're laughing at me every day as I drive by!!!