PDA

View Full Version : Can't find a migratory bird permit

GoldNGun Retrievers
12-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Wow, I am really frustrated and angry. Have spent the day looking for a migratory bird permit. Have been in six post offices between Mill Bay and Chemainus, phoned Ladysmith. No one has any permits, and what is really alarming to me is that I have been told that some of these have them on order but don't expect to get anymore and others have just flatly told me they are not getting any more in. Phoned Canada Post and was told to try Coombs!! The Envirnment Canada website says"The Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permits can be purchased through Canada Post outlets (http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/fpo/personal/findPostOffice) and some independent vendors." Does anyone know of an indendent vendor in the area? I was told to try Revenue Canada by Canada Post which makes no sense to me but will try.

4ptbuck
12-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Sorry can't help you as I am in Richmond.
But I hate this as well. If Cpost is going to sell these, then all the outlets should carry them.

What a PITA.

K-1
12-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Did you try the P O in Cobble Hill

GoldNGun Retrievers
12-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Yes tried Cobble Hill, Mill Bay, London Drugs, main postal office, Chemainus and phoned Shawnigan, Ladysmith. Someone has suggested Crofton, will try them tomorrow.

Fella
12-17-2012, 09:30 PM
I had to go to 5 different places here in the LML until I found one. Seems you need to get em as soon as they get out if you want to be guaranteed one.

Ambush
12-17-2012, 09:34 PM
I can't buy a mule deer tag or lynx tag here in PG either now. All been sent back. Hopefully the government Access Centre still has them.

kyleklassen
12-17-2012, 09:36 PM
when i went to mill bay i had to tell them they had them......dumbasses didn't even know

sparkes3
12-17-2012, 09:41 PM
try calling wholesale sports in nanaimo

GoldNGun Retrievers
12-17-2012, 09:49 PM
when i went to mill bay i had to tell them they had them......dumbasses didn't even know
My son had a run in with an employee at Mill Bay post office couple years ago, she was totally against hunting and started lecturing him about hunting in front of other customers. I ended up phoning the manager and told him she had no right to abject if she was collecting a paycheck there. Since then I make a point of buyng my permit there.

sparkes3
12-17-2012, 09:57 PM
atta boy ........

GoldNGun Retrievers
12-17-2012, 10:28 PM
atta boy ........
Oh worst then that, my husband already has his permit, I'M the one who is looking for a permit.

yamadirt 426
12-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Oh worst then that, my husband already has his permit, I'M the one who is looking for a permit.

Awesome !! :) next time tell the hubby to get 2 while he's at it. I don't think you have to be there for that one.

GoldNGun Retrievers
12-17-2012, 11:34 PM
Awesome !! :) next time tell the hubby to get 2 while he's at it. I don't think you have to be there for that one.

He picked his up in Manitoba really early, and I am sure I have to sign it don't I?

shotgunjohn
12-18-2012, 08:50 AM
They had them at the postal outlet in the London Drugs store in Duncan earlier in the year. Also have bought them at the main Duncan post office for years.
The lady there usually wishes me good luck.

GoldNGun Retrievers
12-18-2012, 09:33 AM
They had them at the postal outlet in the London Drugs store in Duncan earlier in the year. Also have bought them at the main Duncan post office for years.
The lady there usually wishes me good luck.

Was in both of those outlets and both indicated they weren't getting more.

Duck Buster
12-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Crofton has 5 in stock right now.... Hope this helps

GoldNGun Retrievers
12-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Crofton has 5 in stock right now.... Hope this helps

thanks ob my way

Cdn-Redneck
12-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Anybody know where to get one in the LML. I checked my local post office in abbotsford and they had none. Wholesale sports says they have none too

Ferenc
12-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Maybe they should have all the vendors that sell the licenses and tags sell em...kinda like putting a sticker on your fishing licence......have the same with hunting.....Shit! that sucks!!!

fowl language
12-23-2012, 05:50 PM
a buddy of mine got one on friday at the ladysmith p.o.

thumper1
12-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Call your M.P. and get them to run around and find you one. It's a federal product that you're attempting to purchase, and every post office should have them in stock until the season closes. Your M.P. is your representative of federal services.

GoldNGun Retrievers
12-24-2012, 09:58 AM
I talked to Environment Canada and Canada Post a number of times, eventually made an official complaint with Canada Post and am awaiting a response from the Business Retail Manager in Duncan, was told he would get back to with in 7 days, he runs out of day soons.....I have every intention of going to my MP if necessary after that. Have found out that the post office outlets don't have to bring them in. The post office outlet in Shawnigan didn't bring any in. Strong anti hunting sentiment in that office, and as I stated in a previous post have had an issue in the Mill Bay outlet in the past. Asked the employee in Crofton where I finally got my permit, how many she normally brought in and she said 15 but this year had requested 25, and I got her last one. I would think the main outlet in Duncan should have a stockpile of them to distribute to smaller outlets. Canada Post doesns't purchase and resell the permits and any left over at the end of the season isn't money out of Canada Post pockets, so why the shortage??

kyleklassen
12-24-2012, 10:42 AM
probably all the south island ANTI'S buying them up.first guiding territories now duck stamps.

Cdn-Redneck
12-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Would service Canada offices sell them

4ptbuck
12-24-2012, 08:33 PM
It is a real pain in the rear. If post offices are supposed to carry them, then carry them.
You wouldn't see a post office without stamps, or money orders.

WaderGator
12-24-2012, 11:37 PM
They need to come up with an online option like fishing licenses

sparkes3
12-25-2012, 07:38 AM
TRIPLE you go girl

Lozzie
12-25-2012, 02:37 PM
You might be reaching there, I don't believe there are a restricted amount sold like LEH draws. Plus I don't think those tofu eating tree humpers could have figured out there would be a shortage. My In-laws flew in last night and as they drove in to the city there was a massive billboard saying" If you wouldn't eat your Cat, why would you eat a Turkey? " My In-laws from Alberta remarked " Well, it's pretty obvious were back on the Island".

probably all the south island ANTI'S buying them up.first guiding territories now duck stamps.

trapperdan2061
12-25-2012, 02:41 PM
try post office in sooke

GoldNGun Retrievers
12-25-2012, 11:57 PM
try post office in sooke
Thanks I will tell my friend that is looking for one, but the issue is that we shouldn't have to travel to or phone every post office outlet between Sooke and Ladysmith to find a federally issued permit that the post office is nandated to supply. Also should not be hearing from the staff at said outlets in the middle of December that they don't think they will be getting anymore in when they are supposed to supply permits between September and March.

Ron.C
12-26-2012, 12:48 AM
I got mine last week in Crofton. They still had a few. And the lady working at that post office was very friendly and wished me luck with my bird hunting

GoldNGun Retrievers
12-26-2012, 08:39 AM
I got mine last week in Crofton. They still had a few. And the lady working at that post office was very friendly and wished me luck with my bird hunting

I got mine in Crofton as well and there was 2 left, sent my son there when he got home from Fort St John the next day and there was none left. But the woman at the counter was very freindly and could not understand why there was such a shortage.

Sasqman
09-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Might as well get this restarted......................

Aldergrove post office on 272nd has about 10 left. Only open Monday to Friday.
Shoppers drug mart post office in aldergrove is sold out.

kuva
09-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Whole sale in langleysaid they don't get their's until October. I reminded them that the season opens way earlier than that. Isn't the stamps also to help conservation? Like if you want to help the poor ducks buy a stamp?

rbduck
09-15-2013, 10:39 PM
For the last few years I have been getting mine at the local Crappy Tire if that helps.

Moe.JKU
09-16-2013, 08:38 AM
Whole sale in langleysaid they don't get their's until October. I reminded them that the season opens way earlier than that. Isn't the stamps also to help conservation? Like if you want to help the poor ducks buy a stamp?
I got mine from there about 2 weeks ago. Before early goose. Maybe they ran out and that is their next shipment.

nor'wester
09-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Much to my disbelief I apparently got one of the last ones in Nanaimo last year (mid-September), so this year I grabbed mine mid-August. The lady at the counter says "You're smart buying it early cuz last year we had tonnes of guys trying to get them and we were sold out...you couldn't get them anywhere!" I don't get it because its never been a problem for me or anyone I know in the past!!

Tanya
09-16-2013, 03:41 PM
London Drugs and the main Post Office in Duncan.