PDA

View Full Version : Monster Bear

proguide66
12-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Walking down the frikkin road in Whistler 3 nights ago around 11pm. I mean a BEAST , lumbering along under a street light .Guess pushing 8ft , thing filled the road right up.Funny , I noticed one of the largest BB tracks I ever seen maybe 2 weeks prior maybe 6km from where I saw it.
Anyone see any tracks recently anywhere else?

BiG Boar
12-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Came across a bear track yesterday in the snow near chilliwack.

takla1
12-17-2012, 04:45 PM
that sound familar,i live up in the hills behind mission and I went out for a leak last thursday night about 10 pm and had a black bear walking down the side of my road in the ditch.had my fenix hi powered flashlight with me and i always scan the area when out at night.picked up his eyes shineing right away only 30 yrds from me

rred
12-17-2012, 04:48 PM
whistler bears seem to becoming a real issue... i cant remember the last time i went up there and didn't see at least one black bear... and in town too

bruin
12-17-2012, 05:19 PM
We did a stag in Whistler a couple years ago and found a live trap, the culvert type in a backally. We tried to convince one of the guys to crawl inside, unfortunately the night was a little to young at that point!

lovemywinchester
12-17-2012, 05:50 PM
We did a stag in Whistler a couple years ago and found a live trap, the culvert type in a backally. We tried to convince one of the guys to crawl inside, unfortunately the night was a little to young at that point!

The CO's have to release at least one or two drunk aussies every year.

proguide66
12-17-2012, 06:35 PM
The CO's have to release at least one or two drunk aussies every year.
It's true , CO was telling me about some drunk dork who was sleeping in one in the am, crawled in alone at night , couldn't get out.they charge them for it as well . They should truck the Aussies away so they can't return, shit , I'd start trapping them if they would do that !

proguide66
12-17-2012, 06:37 PM
I think the Aussies are in direct competition with the bears for food up here , why they are equally a pain inthe ass.

landphil
12-17-2012, 06:51 PM
From some of the stories I've read of you and the rest of pemby gang, I'm really not sure if I should trust your story from 11pm. Maybe it was a beaver?

TheProvider
12-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Saw a good set of tracks last week in WHistler by market place

Gateholio
12-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Good way to trap an Aussie is to put a can of beer in a bear trap. The Aussie will crawl in, for sure. Just make sure you puncture the bottom of the beer and drink it before setting up the bait. ;)

PG66 remember that bear that stalked us a few years ago up on that ridge? That was pretty late November, with a few inches of snow.

I've also seen bears wandering around in the middle of January and February in Whistler. Some seem not to den up if they have food (like garbage or drunk passed out Aussies)

BlacktailStalker
12-17-2012, 11:38 PM
The biggest bears (sign,tracks) I see every year, is well into December. I've crossed a 5 1/4" and 5 3/8" front pad bear this winter... Hogs! Looking forward to seeing him on video in May!

heybert
12-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Thing that sucks though is that they trap the Aussies and relocate them to Banff. By the time spring comes around, they are back in Whistler with a few more tagging along behind them with bikes on their back!!

proguide66
12-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Thing that sucks though is that they trap the Aussies and relocate them to Banff. By the time spring comes around, they are back in Whistler with a few more tagging along behind them with bikes on their back!!
That does suck , we need to change some rules. I suggest we make it legal to use them for prawn or crab bait , or at least sell them to the commercial guys for bait.

hunter1947
12-18-2012, 12:09 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/leaf_393_1_.jpg

anglo-saxon
12-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Funny, the Aussie pronunciation of "bear" and "beer" sound very similar. Maybe they're just confused (and drunk!)!

gameslayer
12-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Funny stuff
I saw a huge bear sniffing drunks at the back entrance Dublin Bar in whistler at midnight couple years back in a snow storm end of november. The bear had No fear at all , I followed him a little souced up myself, he new all the food sources . Funny seeing drunk people spot bears walking by 6 feet away :).