PDA

View Full Version : Last kick at the can

uraarchr
12-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Gonna head out AM for prob my last archery trip of the year.Packed bow around a lotthis year but it didnt happen.hopefully get a chance at a wt if I can sit out the cold.Good luck to all that head out!

lip_ripper00
12-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Gonna head out AM for prob my last archery trip of the year.Packed bow around a lotthis year but it didnt happen.hopefully get a chance at a wt if I can sit out the cold.Good luck to all that head out!

Awww come on sally, minus 5 great. put an extra pair of sox on and have at it!! good luck!!

hunter1947
12-15-2012, 04:41 AM
Wish you well on your last hunt of the year ,,,good luck,,

BCKyle
12-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Pocket Warmers! And a flask of fireball. ;) they say it doesn't actually warm you up but what the hell do they know? On a cold day a sip with a buddy in a boat or the woods sure feels right. sure feels right. Just carry it in a scentlok flask and sip it through a patented ScentLok Flask Sipper scent controlling sippy straw. Best of luck!

uraarchr
12-22-2012, 01:47 PM
It was some colder than -5 on my last day out : -11 I think when I left the truck,but a nice day to b out.Sat in the pop-up till 10:40 but got restless .Got out of the blind to go for a little jaunt and instantly spooked some WTs that had been heading straight for the blind.Went for a long walk and saw some deer.Had one doe at 50 yds but a little too far with winter gear and pack on so didnt take the shot.Went for a ride on the quad and saw some does.Parked and used a tree to get to 34 yds.peeked out and lasered the doe ,drew back and pinned her as lil Bambi pops out.Let down and let er walk.Later told my wife and her reply was "what?you still have a heart?"I've arrowed some does in my day but that fawn was pretty small.Anyway it was a end good season.Had a nice bull Elk at 50 yds but the wind swirled as i ranged and drew and he took off.Let a few smaller 4x muleys walk earleir in the smyeason.Next year Ill get a big bull Elk and a massive muley and a huge whitetail........and......