PDA

View Full Version : anyone wanna help a new archery shooter in kelowna

604redneck
12-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Hey guys i got a bow a few years ago for my bday from the wife and until about 4 months ago never shot it. I'm looking for someone around the okanagan to maybe come shoot with me a little bit to help me properly sight the bow in and work on my technique. I am able to hit the target consistently at a variety of ranges from 10-50 yards but i dont feel my arrows are flying correctly or as accurately as they could. Anyone available please pm me and we can talk.

thanks
shane

coach
12-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Go see Chuck at Hardcore Archery: http://hardcorearchery.ca/proshop/About_Us.html. We are extremely lucky to have someone in our area who is this knowledgeable and has such a great talent for teaching. Best money you will ever spend. Then let's go do some practicing!

604redneck
12-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Thx alot coach....i kinda figured you would chime in and i was just gonna call you and ask, didnt wanna bug you though!

coach
12-13-2012, 04:08 PM
No problem. I'm home and sick today. I'm sick most days.. But today I have a cold.. Anyway, call Chuck - he's great!

monasheemountainman
12-13-2012, 04:20 PM
isnt his name Ken? hes the owner and the guy that gave me a couple lessons....shane Ive got a warehouse I practice in at night. can shoot up to 50 yrds in it. if you ever wanna come practice let me know.

coach
12-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Ken owns the store. He's apparently a very good instructor as well. I took my lesson from Chuck. As someone who teaches people for a living, I was very impressed with his ability to teach and communicate. And.. shooting arrows with my eyes closed for an hour or so was a pretty cool way to learn..

Now about that warehouse.. I've got several targets. Invite good for a golf pro too?

monasheemountainman
12-13-2012, 04:24 PM
any time, i get lonely sometimes shooting by myself haha.

coach
12-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Sounds good. I'll just have to pry my bow back out of Wrayzer's hands. He's got some misguided idea that he's gonna connect on a WT with it.. :-D

monasheemountainman
12-13-2012, 04:33 PM
lol yeah when you get it back we'll do some shooting

knockturnal
12-14-2012, 06:51 PM
How many people can fit in this "warehouse"?

Jonas111
12-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Both Chuck and Ken will most likely be the best instruction you can find in kelowna. You can get instruction from them on Fridays at the KFGC in there indoor range. If you go to hardcore and ask them the schedule they will let you know what days are instruction and what days are just shooting.

I can help you with arrows, I think if myself as someone who has spent thousands to learn this sport. I have went through arrows like you wouldn't believe. I also have some software that tells me the appropriate information for your set up, (as long as your bow isn't too old). If you want arrow info PM me and I will send you my email address and I will need all your bow info.

I wish I had a warehouse. I need one bad for work and for archery. But secretly I really want to set up an indoor golf range too. Then coach would be invited by every night. Lol.

604redneck
12-15-2012, 12:33 PM
isnt his name Ken? hes the owner and the guy that gave me a couple lessons....shane Ive got a warehouse I practice in at night. can shoot up to 50 yrds in it. if you ever wanna come practice let me know.
thanks alot for the invite if u still have my number shoot me a text when you go shooting and I will meet up with you

604redneck
12-15-2012, 12:35 PM
jonas my bow isnt that old i believe its 09 its a pse rogue-x 29" draw length and 60# weight

monasheemountainman
12-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Both Chuck and Ken will most likely be the best instruction you can find in kelowna. You can get instruction from them on Fridays at the KFGC in there indoor range. If you go to hardcore and ask them the schedule they will let you know what days are instruction and what days are just shooting.

I can help you with arrows, I think if myself as someone who has spent thousands to learn this sport. I have went through arrows like you wouldn't believe. I also have some software that tells me the appropriate information for your set up, (as long as your bow isn't too old). If you want arrow info PM me and I will send you my email address and I will need all your bow info.

I wish I had a warehouse. I need one bad for work and for archery. But secretly I really want to set up an indoor golf range too. Then coach would be invited by every night. Lol.

coach is a great golf pro/teacher, highly reccommended by me and my wife!

monasheemountainman
12-15-2012, 12:39 PM
and the guys at Hardcore are great teachers as well, they give you a ton of awesome tips that really stick with you.

Jonas111
12-15-2012, 04:24 PM
jonas my bow isnt that old i believe its 09 its a pse rogue-x 29" draw length and 60# weight

What arrows do you want to shoot?

Do you want hunting arrows or lighter arrows for target archery.

I personally use Easton ACC for hunting and VAP for 3d target.

Jonas111
12-15-2012, 04:28 PM
coach is a great golf pro/teacher, highly reccommended by me and my wife!

Ive went and seen him at the range to have him view my swing. I'm very impressed so far. But I'm a perfectionist and coach might not want to work with me for long. I'm kiddin of course. I'm looking forward to working with him again.

I want to see your shop now. Lol. I love huge shops.