PDA

View Full Version : Old history but....

Foxton Gundogs
12-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Well, this may be old history but I know there are those following the development of Taz so here is the latest in it story. I took her out to one of our fields for a shoot, being a bluebird day we weren't expecting much in the way of action but you know whhat they say about the best laid plans of mice and men lol. The lards had other plans and before long we were working on the second limit, Taz was doing a stand up job untill the last couple of birds when a couple of "puppy" issues reared their heads probably had something to do with the large number of birds she handled and she was getting a bit tired. It was nothing to serious but something to be nipped in the bud so this was to be her last hunt for a bit an she had an appointment with the training table. But dispite a couple of oopses I was still very pleased with her preformance and am unshaken in my belief this is one special dog.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n499/FoxtonGundogs/1a1.jpg?t=1355030018

So after w aeek of getting back to the basics Taz was back on track and I felt ready to try again. I took her out with a friend and didnt even pack a shotgun, I was going to focus all my attention on the dog. I'll never know it that was necessary or not as she preformed perfectly on 4 short single, 1 short double and 2 long retrieves all easy marks but I couldnt be happier nor more proud.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n499/FoxtonGundogs/DSC03333.jpg?t=1355173917

bcgamebirds
12-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Looking good, always good to hear a chocolate is out doing what they love. My June is going to bite me soon with all the missing I have been doing as of late! Maybe I will have better luck tonight.

labguy
12-10-2012, 03:24 PM
"Atta girl Taz"............ A re-visit to basics and standards is never a waste.

Issues, when they crop up, seldom if ever get better on their own.

Having the dicipline to stop hunting and nip these things in the bud shows a high level of commitment to developing a reliable and well mannered retriever and of a solid understanding of canine behavior.

Double thumbs up..........:-D:-D

Sasqman
12-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Awesome pics, and if I'm not mistaken, Taz was the one that needed a new home? Well if that's the case it sounds and looked like she found a great new home and owner. Nice to hear about the time and patience u are puttijg into your dog.

Paul

FirePower
12-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Good for you mate, great dogs may be born but they will never reach their full potential without the right help.

Sasquatch
12-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Looks like Taz found a great home Foxton. Some nice pics of a happy looking dog.

fowl language
12-11-2012, 08:56 AM
don,t be giving him to much praise ,other wise his head might swell to such a proportion that he might not be able to get it through his door....the picture said it all .she,s a beauty....dale

yamadirt 426
12-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Atta girl taz !