PDA

View Full Version : Trapping elk

tooty
12-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Well it's time to start relocating some more elk here on the Sunshine coast.I think the next group is going to Vancouver Bay.The good times never end .:)

kootenayelkslayer
12-07-2006, 06:00 PM
That sounds like a good idea, just as long as they don't take 'em from the areas that I hunt:wink:

tooty
12-07-2006, 06:13 PM
We just trap here on the sunshine coast and put elk in areas where elk haven't been for along time.Mcnab creek,Potlach in the howe sound.We heard now that elk are spotted in the Squamish area. Pitt lake, Stave lake.All these areas will have or do have LEH .Jervis inlet has elk in almost all the bays as well.The populations are doing excellent.We are growing some bigly huge bulls.

Byson
12-07-2006, 06:18 PM
The Elk in the upper Squamish Came over themself from McNab Creek and i have seen the Transplanted Elk in the Indian Arm in the summer time. I have now heard that the co's are giving out fines of a $150 if you go around the gate at indian arm

kootenayelkslayer
12-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Oh ya, so are you talking Roosevelt or Rocky Mountain elk?

Iron-Head
12-07-2006, 06:23 PM
PM sent Tooty.

tooty
12-07-2006, 06:24 PM
The Elk in the upper Squamish Came over themself from McNab Creek and i have seen the Transplanted Elk in the Indian Arm in the summer time. I have now heard that the co's are giving out fines of a $150 if you go around the gate at indian arm
Yes the elk did come over there by themselves from Mcnab then up through the Potlach then your backyard.

tooty
12-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Oh ya, so are you talking Roosevelt or Rocky Mountain elk?
Rosey's from the island originally.

kootenayelkslayer
12-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Rosey's from the island originally.

I thought so. I think I've seen this subject talked about on this forum before, but I'll ask anyway. How far inland have the Roosevelt made it? And how long before the Rosey's and the Rockies begin interbreeding? Or have they already?

~T-BONE~
12-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Put a good word for us folk up the Chilliwack way! (CHWK river valley)I speak for myself and maybe a few others hoping to see alot more round here in the future!:wink:

tooty
12-07-2006, 06:51 PM
I thought so. I think I've seen this subject talked about on this forum before, but I'll ask anyway. How far inland have the Roosevelt made it? And how long before the Rosey's and the Rockies begin interbreeding? Or have they already?
All the elk are staying very close to the ocean so far 10-15 kms at the most.No chance of them having a little fun as of yet.:cry: