12-10-2012, 07:45 AM
The 2013 Abbotsford Indoor 3D Shoot is
January 19 and 20
At the Abbotsfore Ag-Rec Building
32470 Haida Drive,
Contact Wayne@ 604 859-2086

xtremearchery
12-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Going to be an awesome time! 15 targets from 10-55 yards. There is a kitchen on site, as well as some really cool door prizes! This is a DO NOT MISS event! BC's Larget 3D indoor shoot.

Foxtail
12-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Count me in... When is signup?

Red arch
12-30-2012, 08:44 PM
There is no signup, just show up on the day you want to shoot, go up to the desk and buy a round at a time. This is the one archery shoot that I always go to, and we have had shooters come up from Washington as well.

Foxtail
01-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Is it not a competition then? How much is a round?

kodimack
01-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Would like to check it out . The wife and I are looking to get into archery. Will there be any vendors there and what time do things get rolling on the 20th.

Blk Arrow
01-06-2013, 08:06 PM
This is a great event to attend regardless of archer skill. I believe it is $7.00 a round to shoot with your name going in the draw barrel only once each day. Prizes are awarded each day. You can post your score if you wish to compete or you can just shoot for fun. There will be archery equipment reps there, however equipment cannot be purchased at the shoot as the building is not rented with a vendors permit. The shoot usually starts rolling at 8:00 am. It is a great place to see pretty much the full spectrum of archery tackle. Unfortunately crossbows are not permitted at this event. I hope this answers some of the questions and I hope i have answered correctly.

greybark
01-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Would like to check it out . The wife and I are looking to get into archery. Will there be any vendors there and what time do things get rolling on the 20th.

Look me up and I will take you down amonst the targets
Cheers

Riverbc
01-06-2013, 08:23 PM
and you must be present for the draw each day. Don't leave until after the draw. Some awesome prizes!

TheProvider
01-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Daughters birthday weekend for me. Would be a great day.

kodimack
01-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Will take you up on that greybark
Cheers

greybark
01-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Hey Kodimak , I will be wearing a black HBC cap . The boys at the registration desk will point me out ....
Cheers

Riverbc
01-07-2013, 05:42 PM
. The boys at the registration desk will point me out ....
Cheers
Usually they are showing him the way out! :)

greybark
01-08-2013, 04:25 PM
With my Draw Prize firmly in hand . LOL (not trophy)
Cheers

Blk Arrow
01-09-2013, 04:43 PM
With my Draw Prize firmly in hand . LOL (not trophy)
Cheers
i remember a day when you won a crossbow:-D

Stéphane
01-09-2013, 06:11 PM
It will be weird to go there as an "outsider" and not be part of the volunteer group. Sigh. Wayne, Mark and company are doing a phenomenal job year after year. I was extremely proud to be part of that group. They work hard to make it fun and challenging. They also do a lot to attract sponsors in order to give fabulous prizes.
Just like RiverBC mentioned, you need to be there to claim your prize. No exception, not even to volunteers.

Greybark, I'm bringing my "new" bow too, so you can have a little watching me.

RoscoeP
01-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Hey Stephane, you are alive and well, I havn't seen you on here for a while. So what is this new bow of yours? I have been shooting regular 3D at our club and enjoy it more than ever, may even go out tomorrow. Hope you win a prize or two at the shoot, good luck. Cheers Roscoe

Stéphane
01-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Hey Stephane, you are alive and well, I havn't seen you on here for a while. So what is this new bow of yours? I have been shooting regular 3D at our club and enjoy it more than ever, may even go out tomorrow. Hope you win a prize or two at the shoot, good luck. Cheers Roscoe
Hey Roscoe!
yes, really well actually. Moved in Cloverdale, so a bit busy. I bought Greybark's Chek-Mate II. It's a lot of fun to shoot a recurve, I recommend it ;)

greybark
01-09-2013, 10:08 PM
i remember a day when you won a crossbow:-D

Hey Blk Arrow , It was my Wife that won the Crossbow at a RM Elk event . Still it took over a year of Trauma Councilling to recover . LOL
As ever am looking forward to the Indoor Classic . Happy New Year to You and Family
Cheers

keoke
01-09-2013, 10:13 PM
would this event be a new archery friendly place to show up? I am interested but dont want to show up and make a fool of myself lol

Riverbc
01-10-2013, 09:30 AM
this is exactly what this event is. You will enjoy yourself. My son in law took me to this event right after sighting in my first bow. I had a blast. I am so disappointed that physio has told me, I won't be shooting in this year. :( I hope to stop in and watch and say "hi."

Foxtail
01-18-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm pumped, I have missed this event for the last 4 years due to work. I actually took tomorrow and sunday off so I could attend.

Riverbc
01-18-2013, 05:20 PM
nice...I should be there Sunday, watching my 3 year old grandson shoot his compound. He got a release for Xmas...and is shooting well. :) I'll be the guy with the camcorder! ;)

Blk Arrow
01-18-2013, 09:12 PM
The targets were up by 7:00 tonight thanks to number of people that came out and help set up. It was great to see some of the newer archers out. We even had friends from just outside Seattle, who shoot every year, help out. Hope everyone enjoys this year's shoot. We will be shooting at 8:00am Saturday.

Foxtail
01-19-2013, 08:26 PM
That was fun...Haven't shot my bow since November when I was hunting. shot 122 on the first round... 144 on the second. Lots of fun, everyone was cool and helpful. Had no idea what i was doing because it was my first 3d. I am gonna try and make it again tomorrow.

pnbrock
01-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Had a blast today my first 3- d aswell. It was great to meet keoke aswell turns out he's great guy. Look foreward to more of these events.

bruin
01-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Great shoot as usual. Looked like a great turnout aswell.

Stéphane
01-20-2013, 09:57 AM
That was fun...Haven't shot my bow since November when I was hunting. shot 122 on the first round... 144 on the second. Lots of fun, everyone was cool and helpful. Had no idea what i was doing because it was my first 3d. I am gonna try and make it again tomorrow.
So, I shot a 122 yesterday, does that mean I have chance for a 144 today? ;)
I shot a stunning 68 with my recurve. I was actually happier with that than my 122.

Always fun see people back. Some you I hadn't seen in a long time. The Sagittarius Club has a great family feel to it. Great job, guys!

Riverbc
01-20-2013, 08:27 PM
I uploaded this video I shot today, so peeps can get an idea on the targets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpGn5j_O-qU

Foxtail
01-20-2013, 08:46 PM
It was a lot busier today. A lot slower too. I only got one round in. Was there an hour earlier too. Still a lot of fun and I guess I am better shot than I thought I was. Being new to this I had no idea how to score. Apparently at other shoots a "10x" is worth more than a 10 ring. I had at least half a dozen 10x's each round... I think I should to this more often.

papaken
01-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Had a good time. Got to shoot a round with my 8yr old grandson and he came 3rd in his first 3d shoot. Thx to everyone who came out. Thx to all the people that worked so hard to put this together. Hope to see everyone at the Chad Davis shoot this spring.

papaken
01-20-2013, 09:29 PM
And big thanks to all the sponsors for the great door prizes.

greybark
01-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Again hats off to the Abby Gang for a well run and organized 3-d event . Great target setups with a approprate senery backstops .Large turnout with a good mixture of new and older faces . One of the most important aspects of this shoot is the learning curve with the newer archers emulating the more experienced archers .
This type of indoor event has the Tradies and Modern archers useing the same shooting stakes and the longer shots provided a great and taxing challenge for the Longbow and Recurves .
Thank you to the Kitchen Staff (Club Members) for feeding what at times were hords of hungry archers and observers .
Cheers and lookin forward to next year.

Stéphane
01-21-2013, 09:37 AM
It was a great weekend for sure. When you think that ALL of them are volunteers, it shows what kind of people they are. I cannot stress enough how willing people are to help new archers. I went there with 2 brand new archers - my girlfriend and her 11 year-old boy. The patience and support from people like Greybark, blkarrow was sooooo welcome. They now are hooked too. Winning a bow might have helped too.
If you have never been to one of these, I highly recommend you do.

Mugger
01-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Great job everyone. My daughter and I along with some friends had a great time.