PDA

View Full Version : Starter bow for my 7 year old

fishingguy44
12-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Looking to get my boy into shooting, he is already following in dads footsteps by both being an excellent fisher and a responsible lover and user of nature. any recommendations for a starter bow to get him into it?

Bc Deer Hunter
12-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Looking to get my boy into shooting, he is already following in dads footsteps by both being an excellent fisher and a responsible lover and user of nature. any recommendations for a starter bow to get him into it?

Mission Craze, it is adjustible from 15 pounds to 70!! He will neaver need to buy another bow!

Hillbros_96
12-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Bought my kids a diamond bow. Just about rit for the, when they started at 7. With light straight arrows, it shoots well.

Bc Deer Hunter
12-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Ya take a look at the diamond nuclear ice aswell, might grow out of it fast but it is a great bow for kids.

limit time
12-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Ya take a look at the diamond nuclear ice aswell, might grow out of it fast but it is a great bow for kids.
Yup x2 on this bow! My son has been shooting this bow since he was 5 and is now six. Draw weight from 10 to 40 lbs.
it's pretty pricy, around 200 after tax, But, you will get your money back when you want to sell it and upgrade.
I took the sight off and put a whisker biscuit on it. I found the sight was harder for hin to shoot than with no sight and the whisker helps keep the arrow in the rest.
As far as arrows go...I just cut down my arrows when I wreck the tips.

Trophyslayer
12-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Has he played around with a recurve yet? I would suggest that as a starting point you can get cheap ones and they are low maintnace. He will learn more on his own with one IMO that's what I had when I was his age now I hav 2 compounds and a recurve

limit time
12-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Has he played around with a recurve yet? I would suggest that as a starting point you can get cheap ones and they are low maintnace. He will learn more on his own with one IMO that's what I had when I was his age now I hav 2 compounds and a recurve

Good point, I started my boy out with a " little buck" bow from WSS. He used that to get the basics when he was 4.

fishingguy44
12-09-2012, 09:01 AM
thanks for the help guys, im gunna head out tuesday to take a look.

4ptbuck
12-09-2012, 11:12 AM
I got my kids the Genesis bows. A mini and a regular. Great bows, and not too spendy.

NovemberBravo
12-09-2012, 01:53 PM
I would try the bear outbreak. Adjustable without a bow press for length and has a great draw weight range. My brother shoots it and loves it:-D. It comes RTS.