PDA

View Full Version : Boston bar road to the Coquihalla

highcountry88
12-07-2006, 01:53 PM
For day trips, when my kids were smaller, we used to hunt East Anderson, Utzilus and related roads and burned a ton of gas with no deer or bear taken. We have found some big sheds which indicates the deer are there late in the season.

Next season I am thinking about trying to get up higher and over to the Coquihalla with my quad. Is it worth the trip, or will I just burn a bunch more gas and time?

I need some advise on a route to take. Thanks.

BIGHUNTERFISH
12-07-2006, 02:03 PM
If you are not seeing bears up Anderson creek then you need to get glasses ,I hunt there every spring and when the first grass comes out on the logging roads I see bears every evening ,the trick is to be there the last hour of shooting light.In the fall the bears are on the slides glass lots and if your looking for mulies get off your quad and walk into a cut block before first light and glass. :lol:

boonerbuck
12-07-2006, 04:44 PM
We have found some big sheds which indicates the deer are there late in the season.

That indicates that they are there late in the winter...after hunting season.

~T-BONE~
12-07-2006, 05:01 PM
If you are not seeing bears up Anderson creek then you need to get glasses ,I hunt there every spring and when the first grass comes out on the logging roads I see bears every evening ,the trick is to be there the last hour of shooting light.In the fall the bears are on the slides glass lots and if your looking for mulies get off your quad and walk into a cut block before first light and glass. :lol:

SORRY BUD BUT HE IS RIGHT! THEY ARE THERE AND THE DEER ARE THERE TOO , SOME RESIDENT AND THE REST COME WITH THE MIGRATION... THERE IS ALOT OF COUNTRY IN THERE! HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN POINT YOU TO A COUPLE OF SPOTS AND GET YOU STARTED. (I'VE SEEN THEM SECOND HAND BUT NEVER SPENT TOO MUCH TIME IN THERE!)

hunter1947
12-07-2006, 05:38 PM
I have have been infromed that a new logging road has been pushed in from the boston bar area ,it heads up to the back overlooking the coquihLLA summit ,maybe someone on this sight can conferm this ????hunter1947.

bushape
12-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Spius Crk FSR out of Boston Bar connects up with Murray Lake FSR mid-range and takes you out at Kingsvale or Juliet on the Coq.

longhairmtnman
12-09-2006, 01:53 AM
Yep they are up there. No matter where you hunt it takes time. Nothing wrong with the area. Keep going back and you'll see game eventually. Nice area to hunt too. Found this pair of sheds laying side x side north of Murray lk.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/longhairmtnman/IMG_0103.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/longhairmtnman/IMG_0105.jpg

Steeleco
12-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Spius Crk FSR out of Boston Bar connects up with Murray Lake FSR mid-range and takes you out at Kingsvale or Juliet on the Coq.

This is good info, BUT!! make sure you have a good map, there are so many off chute roads that all look used it's easy to pick the wrong one.

Also Juliette creek used go through to BB a little more directly, but one mother of a tree was blocking the road about 20k in from the Coq last I was in there. It may have been cleared since as the Merritt snow-mobilers use that area plenty.

Deerwhacker
12-09-2006, 06:19 PM
I do alot of bear hunting there in the spring and i can tell you there are deer there, and lots of them. ive had days in the spring where ive spoted 20+ deer including some nice looking bucks, just riding my dirtbike .

highcountry88
12-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Thanks for all the feedback on this Boston Bar area- I really think the best solution for me to see more game is for me to spend way more time hunting,eh?
Works for me.

7mmWSM
10-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Anybody driven this route lately? Snow flying up there yet? Any updates welcome.

Thanks.