PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Hunt/fish combo fly-in

onpoint
12-08-2012, 01:23 PM
After a great season, starting to plan for next year and wanted to get some input from those who've done a combo fish/hunt fly-in. We're going to have 6 guys in for a trip next year but we'll be 3 hunters and 3 fishermen so want to find an area where both the fishing and hunting is good. We're considering both the Northeast options out of Muncho and the Northwest options out of Dease. If someone has flown out of both these areas would love to hear what you liked and didn't like about either or which you preferred and why (weather, other groups, terrain, etc). I'm not looking for a specific lake or spot just general input on this type of a trip. The 3 fishermen will be older guys (Dads and uncles) and the hunters will be younger and fitter. the fishing needs to be quite good for the older guys. We're looking at a wall tent set-up but we've also talked to Urs about their cabins. It looks as though the most likely "package" is going to be an area where we're into moose/caribou for the hunting (possibly goats/sheep) and then various species for the fishing but also looking at elk areas as well. Anyways, any input is appreciated!

plumbcrazy
12-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Why not try the odds and head for Spatsizi, something there for everyone! We've done it afew times.

onpoint
12-09-2012, 10:29 AM
We've considered it in previous years PC, but didn't have it on the table for this year as I thought we'd missed the deadline for the early sheep draw. I just checked though and we can submit so great advice! Are most of the lakes in the Spatsizi fishable? What species would the fishermen be looking at?

digger dogger
12-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Why not try the odds and head for Spatsizi, something there for everyone! We've done it afew times.

Coldfish lake has cabins, not sure if people are allowed to use the boats or canoe thats there, but you can bring a canoe lashed to the side of the plane..
not sure of the types of fish, but you can bet they are cold.. haha

plumbcrazy
12-09-2012, 03:26 PM
We did well on Lakers and small Rainbows. Sheep would be a long haul from Cold Fish. Drop me a PM if you want more

onpoint
12-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Has anyone done both Northern Rockies and Spatsizi fly-ins? If so would love to hear which you liked better.

killalot
03-03-2013, 02:41 PM
skeena headwaters ?

warnniklz
03-03-2013, 02:49 PM
what about somewhere like scoop lake?

Sitkaspruce
03-03-2013, 03:55 PM
PM sent

Cheers

SS