PDA

View Full Version : Mallards responding to Pintail call?

dak0ta
12-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Hi, have you guys ever had mallards or other species tuning in to a pintail call?

Sako 75
12-04-2012, 09:53 AM
I use the Pintail whistle call once a while mixed with usually regular mallard calling during late season hunt when the ducks are wary. It does work on mallards, pintails, widgeon and teals. Also, try mixing some pintail, mallard, widgeon and couple snow geese decoys together for better result.

Freshtracks
12-04-2012, 01:49 PM
In areas that have high Pintail and Widgeon (Boundary Bay and surrounding fields) numbers ... one can easily pull birds in just using the whistle. Mallards included. :wink:

dak0ta
12-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Alright thanks will give it a try.

Mr. Dean
12-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Yes.........................

longshot
12-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Humm into the pintail call... like "grrriiit, grriiiit"... Drake lards love it, dont even need a hen call in the late season.

Dano
12-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Humm into the pintail call... like "grrriiit, grriiiit"... Drake lards love it, dont even need a hen call in the late season.

Never had much luck with a whistle but lately we've found birds call shy (of course I never used a whistle much......). I'm going to did out dad's old pintail whistle and try it out tommorrow.
Thanks,
Dan

Freshtracks
12-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Never had much luck with a whistle but lately we've found birds call shy (of course I never used a whistle much......). I'm going to did out dad's old pintail whistle and try it out tommorrow.
Thanks,
Dan

Dan, I'm sure that sprig whistle will once again do it's magic that your dad enjoyed. Wished the clock could be turned back and I was sharing a blind with Bill. Best of luck tomorrow.

Nickchee
12-05-2012, 10:51 PM
How did that call work for ya Dano?
That's a duck I have yet to shoot and can't wait.