PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in organizing a hog bow hunt

fishingguy44
12-03-2012, 01:09 PM
There are lots of threads and rumors on these feral animals. Is there anyone that actually wants to pool some resources together and organize a hunt?

Moosegetter
12-03-2012, 06:05 PM
I'd like to know more about. Sounds like fun.

Allen50
12-03-2012, 09:00 PM
sounds like fun, where are they and how many can one take,,

000buck
12-03-2012, 09:09 PM
you have my attention.........

BRvalley
12-03-2012, 09:11 PM
caught my attention...when and where?

something I've been looking into for a while, not much info out there...except if you want to pay 800-1500 to hunt a ranch

fishingguy44
12-04-2012, 09:00 AM
there are some rumors of hogs around east harrison, and in some towns in alberta. they are considered a pest and no tags or limits with some boars weighing in at 200 pounds

pantsandbelt
12-04-2012, 09:10 AM
There is about a 120 hogs up in Mackenzie BC on the east side of the lake about 72kms from Mackenzie i used to live there and they were a newsense I have pictures too there some nice hogs up there too

Wild one
12-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Best of luck you are going to need it.

I don't know of anyone seeing hogs in Harrison for years and as for Alberta it is very low success rate and most are taken on private land. When I lived in Alberta the only guys who took hogs were locals and it was by having the farmers phone them if they were seen. Lots of guys in Alberta head out looking for these hogs and never see them.

If you really want to hunt them in Canada you are better off looking at ranch hunts

Have at it just don't go out expecting to see any hogs as the numbers are not high

BiG Boar
12-04-2012, 11:45 AM
I'd set your target on a Sasquatch before a hog! According to the poll on here more guys believe they live in BC than do wild hogs.

limit time
12-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Best of luck you are going to need it.

I don't know of anyone seeing hogs in Harrison for years and as for Alberta it is very low success rate and most are taken on private land. When I lived in Alberta the only guys who took hogs were locals and it was by having the farmers phone them if they were seen. Lots of guys in Alberta head out looking for these hogs and never see them.

If you really want to hunt them in Canada you are better off looking at ranch hunts

Have at it just don't go out expecting to see any hogs as the numbers are not high

I've been stomping that area for years! And my dad befor that, and never ever seen one. The most elusive thing I've ever seen was two cougars run across the road 50 meters in front of us.

rides bike to work
12-04-2012, 01:03 PM
My friends dad got one about 16 years ago it weighed over 300 pounds and had nice tusks on it.me and my dad went and saw it it was huge. He gave us a roast and it was awsome . I called him a couple years back and asked him where he got it he told me but unfortunately that area was gated shortly after he got the hog. He found them up high in the blue berries and used a dog to flush them. I asked if they were still around he figured they might be because the area had been gated for so long and where he found the pigs was very far back. He said you'll know if there is a good population because it looks like a bulldozer went through the area.

If someone could get the key to a highly secured gate I'd be willing to join the party who knows mabey we will the squaw snach

Brew
12-04-2012, 04:22 PM
I work up both sides of Harrison and drive and hike the hills all over it and have never spotted a hog. I wouldnt get your opes up on finding one.

Brew
12-04-2012, 04:26 PM
My friends dad got one about 16 years ago it weighed over 300 pounds and had nice tusks on it.me and my dad went and saw it it was huge. He gave us a roast and it was awsome . I called him a couple years back and asked him where he got it he told me but unfortunately that area was gated shortly after he got the hog. He found them up high in the blue berries and used a dog to flush them. I asked if they were still around he figured they might be because the area had been gated for so long and where he found the pigs was very far back. He said you'll know if there is a good population because it looks like a bulldozer went through the area.

If someone could get the key to a highly secured gate I'd be willing to join the party who knows mabey we will the squaw snach

Pm me with what gate it is. If there are lots of berries and up hi. I bet you it is the south talc road. Which is usually open. Cold also be the north talc which is usually closed.

Pioneerman
12-04-2012, 04:27 PM
These rumours were floating around 40 years ago and have not heard of anyone getting any hog there yet, would be fun if true

MacMtnHunter
12-05-2012, 10:47 AM
I have a hard time believing this... we currently have three feet of snow right outside of town and even more in the bush~! Lets see some pictures, if they are here I would be more than happy to kill a couple:)

wsm
12-05-2012, 11:07 AM
i saw a pig east side harrison on slolicum cr fsr about 6 or so years ago . was on the road , booked it in to the bush . never saw it again or another . one time sighting for me

Clouddog
12-06-2012, 01:32 PM
I live in the area and do lots of Mountaineering in the area. I have never seen a Hog in Harrison, not a much for rooting food. Better luck to finding a Sasquatch, that would make a better mount in your living room:-D

There is a rumour of hogs in Princeton.

rides bike to work
12-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Ok I'll tell but if some can get access to this area send me a pm me and mabey I can get more info on this area . He got the hog up inch creek also called suicide creek . This guy grew up hunting boars in southamerica I saw and ate it. There are pics but asking him to post on internet would get me laughed at.

ratherbefishin
12-06-2012, 05:09 PM
My friend lives in NZ and hunts hogs on his property in the Marleborough sounds-the ''paddock''[pasture] looks like it was ploughed .If there are hogs around-you'll know it

itsy bitsy xj
12-06-2012, 11:55 PM
If you do a google search you'll find there are pigs running wild around Christian Lake just past Grand Forks. CBC did a news clip on them and the damage they are doing