PDA

View Full Version : Hogs in BC

fishingguy44
12-02-2012, 11:04 PM
I know this thread gets tossed around once in a while but just curious if anyone has any recent news on if there are any hogs around to hunt. ide be willing to head to AB too but wouldnt pay 600.00 for a farm hunt.

Steelpulse
12-02-2012, 11:09 PM
heard last year while I was in Mackenzie BC there is a population west of Williston lake, did not see them, didn't look but that's what I had heard
pretty sure there are also sections in Alberta where there are wild hogs, there was an article maybe a year ago in western sportsman about hog hunting the west, BC, AB, Sask. maybe try and find it

Gateholio
12-02-2012, 11:11 PM
There are a number of threads on this topic that have some info on it. Might want to try a search and check them out.

BearStump
12-02-2012, 11:13 PM
theres pigs in the bush up harrison east and on long island. but not enough to go out specifically for a pig hunt. good luck finding one. they are ferrel and open. I think you can shoot em year round. but ive only ever seen two.

Looking_4_Jerky
12-03-2012, 12:58 AM
A friend has some land near Dawson Cr and says there are a few on his property but many more on his neighbor's who has a much larger parcel with more preferred habitat and significantly more hogs. They are apparently tough to hunt but very tasty!

tackdriver
12-03-2012, 08:26 AM
theres pigs in the bush up harrison east and on long island. but not enough to go out specifically for a pig hunt. good luck finding one. they are ferrel and open. I think you can shoot em year round. but ive only ever seen two. theres also a few up in hansen creek, which is near the top of the pass between harrison mills and suicide creek.

Philcott
12-03-2012, 08:31 AM
How in heck can there only be a few. From what the shows on tv tell us they breed like crazy so if there was a population anywhere, wouldn't it just explode in a couple years?

Sofa King
12-03-2012, 09:07 AM
no worries, the wolves are decimating their #'s.

GoatGuy
12-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Surrey is a good bet

pantsandbelt
12-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Ya i used to live in mackenzie bc and there is about 100 wild hogs up williston lake go to i belive 72 mile up williston lake and there is HOGS up there i have pictures too

gcreek
12-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Plenty in Victoria!

MikeH
12-03-2012, 09:42 AM
I'd like to hunt them in B.C.I use to hunt them in AB when I lived there getting a pig was a bonus when I was hunting moose, deer, and elk.On long hunts I'd take a break and hunt pigs.They are nocturnal gotta get them crack of dawn,or if you know where they are held up go in a flush em.There use to be a bounty on them the county of Mayerthorpe would pay 50 bucks for a pair of ears.

fishingguy44
12-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Well if anyone has a spot or wants to pool some resources and head out for a bow hunt then lets plan one out.

panhead
12-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Plenty in Victoria!

These would be the easiest to hunt gcreek, they will all be at the trough, but this may be seen as baiting ...

takla1
12-03-2012, 11:58 AM
got a hog parked in my back yard,mission,2002 95 cu\in screaming eagle road glide flhr....anyone comeing to shoot it better be better armed than me!!

d6dan
12-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Ya i used to live in mackenzie bc and there is about 100 wild hogs up williston lake go to i belive 72 mile up williston lake and there is HOGS up there i have pictures too

Pics man, pics....

KB90
12-03-2012, 04:15 PM
A friend has some land near Dawson Cr and says there are a few on his property but many more on his neighbor's who has a much larger parcel with more preferred habitat and significantly more hogs. They are apparently tough to hunt but very tasty!

Do you mind me asking what direction of town his land is?

I was west of town by progress/groundbirch and I came across 3 crossing the road one night while working, I assumed they were escapee's from a farm.

Big black buggars, at first I thought they were bears.