PDA

View Full Version : Rock Creek Whitetails

IronNoggin
11-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Not looking for locales, but am wondering if anyone over that way knows if the Ladz are still chasing the Ladies? Rut going, or...?

Thanks for any and all replies that come today. Tomorrow I'll be determining just that myself and will report when able...

Bow work time again... (Round Two that is :twisted:)

TIA!
Nog

GoatGuy
11-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Yes, they are still chasing. Quite a few bucks hitting the dirt the last week. Good luck!

doubled
11-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Definitely chasing the ladies now. Good luck.

BearSupreme
11-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Just called in a nice buck yesterday with a doe bleet, came in with his nose to the ground, the rut is still on in the east kootenays.

IronNoggin
11-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Excellent! Exactly what I was hoping to hear!!
Thanks so much Gentz!! Appreciate the replies!

Letcha know as it goes...

Cheers,
Nog - The Sticks Are Sharpened :wink:

5 spike
11-30-2012, 08:25 PM
My Buddy across the street came home with a 5x5 160ish wednesday beaverdell area.

pantsandbelt
11-30-2012, 08:28 PM
My uncle drove around rock creek area looking at Christmas trees and saw 13 deer that day 5 bucks

604redneck
12-01-2012, 07:10 PM
what road would u start at?

Liptugger
12-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Well Matt?

IronNoggin
12-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Well Matt?

Well... I can basically "confirm" the whitetails in the vicinity of Rock Creek are No Longer in the rut. Hunted HARD for two days in there with the bow. First day over 20 flatheads, mostly in family groups, not a single buck. Second day, 36 flatheads (& 8 muley does), again chiefly in family groups, and again not a single buck to be seen anywhere. Loads of miles on the boots, saw pretty much what was in the area methinks. Best guess is the Ladz are now solitary, licking their wounds after their "vigours", and not moving much. Decided to take a nice 2.5 year dry doe towards the end of the day yest. LOTS of fat, should be Most Excellent vittles. :wink:

And that's a wrap. Damn Happy my Buddy talked me out of taking the muley doe LEH north of here on the way down. Saw dozens on that run, and it would have been easier than easy... but...
He had taken a nice buck opening day for the bow down here, and it was rutted right up. Likely the last rutter in the area though, for we saw literally dozens upon dozens of family groups sans bucks after I arrived. I was kinda wishing I had taken the easy way on this when we encountered a rather weird antlered muley buck somewhat later in the week. Solitary, bedded, and immediately saw 4 points on the side facing me. Rather Tricky shot with the bow, and down almost as fast as he got up. T'other side wasn't quite a match for the side with four... LOL! More on the story, pix etc after I wander back to the Hacienda...

Packed, running for The Rock anon...

Cheers,
Nog