PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an extra skull...my dog got at mine:(

Andrewh
11-29-2012, 05:07 PM
I have (had) a couple skulls buried in my garden and well my 8 month old pointer got into them. He dug them up and chewed the nose bones off both of the bucks.

They were not huge trophies by any means but I did want to do a Euro mount with both of them.

Does anyone have an extra (or two) buck skulls? They can be stripped or not, doesn't matter to me as I will boil them out. I will simply attach the original antlers to what ever you guys toss my way.

I do know they make plastic ones but I really like the look of real vs. plastic.

thanks,
Andrew

Farmer001
11-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Sure someone has one, not to hijack your thread but had to laff as reminder me of when I boiled out a bison skull. Had the bullet hole right between the eyes so looked really cool. Removed the skull from the boiling pot(used a old BBQ lid) and put skull down on snow. Looked away to turn burner off and when I turned around the skull was gone. Neighbour dog had grabbed the skull and was booking it. Of course you yell at the dog and it just ran faster. Neighbours got a chuckle watching a madman wearing a set of crock shoes in a foot of the snow yelling at a german shepard with a large skull in it's mouth running as if he had won the lottery.

Good luck
Farmer

crm
11-29-2012, 07:04 PM
http://masterofskulls.com/store/

Phil
11-29-2012, 07:12 PM
I lost my biggest bear skull the same way. I feel your pain.

whitebirch
11-29-2012, 07:18 PM
actually I do have one
its already done euro, but it was a smaller buck of mine and didnt have a particular reason to keep it so ive been cutting the horns off it for my dog to chew.
im in region 8 however

jetboat jim
11-30-2012, 04:18 PM
i have a 2x2 blacktail head with everything attached in the freezer if you want it.

in new west

Andrewh
11-30-2012, 04:52 PM
perfect!!! i'll pm

Buck-Fever
11-30-2012, 06:23 PM
You can buy euro mounting kits from Cabela's

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Mountain-Mikes-Deer-Skull-Plate-Mounting-Kit/742252.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3D searchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProduc ts%26Ntt%3Deuropean%2Bmounts%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253B Search-All%2BProducts&Ntt=european+mounts&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products