PDA

View Full Version : Taking out wolves/coyotes

fishingguy44
11-29-2012, 12:43 PM
So i have seen many threads regarding taking of wolves while on a deer hunt or coyotes. I am curious on what people do with them? I'm not saying i disagree, the wolf population by my cabin near Tunkwa is thriving and we have seen a definite decline in the elk, deer, and wild horse population. Are wolves and coyotes under a different law where you can kill them and leave them in the bush? or do you need to take the pelt? I know there are bag limits and seasons for both but is it common practice to just shoot on site while out hunting? I know there is a difference between the law and common practice so that's what I'm trying to get.

604redneck
11-29-2012, 12:50 PM
No bag limit for coyotes. Also I don't think you have to take the pelt I always do but I dunno for sure

Stone Sheep Steve
11-29-2012, 12:51 PM
They are classified as fur-bearers and at least their pelts must be removed to your residence. What you do with them at that point is your own business.
No bag limits on yotes....but there are bag lmits on wolves in most areas...except in certain locations below certain elevations....mainly to protect ranchers or caribou.

SSS

fishingguy44
11-29-2012, 12:53 PM
So do we as hunters think of it as common courtesy to other hunters/farmers to take them out when we come across them?

warnniklz
11-29-2012, 01:12 PM
So do we as hunters think of it as common courtesy to other hunters/farmers to take them out when we come across them?

Suuuuure do in most of the areas I hunt

One Shot
11-29-2012, 01:29 PM

As a former rancher I take out wolves/coyotes in around cow/horse operations (including community pastures) when the opportunity arises. It is also thanks for accessing thier lands.

BiG Boar
11-29-2012, 01:32 PM
kill em and grill em. Thats always been my motto.

trapperRick
11-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Back home in Sask if you didn't agree to shoot Yotes while you were hunting Deer you weren't allowed on most Farms/Ranches

warnniklz
11-29-2012, 02:07 PM
kill em and grill em. Thats always been my motto.

To each their own I guess... I prefer the whack em and stack em method

kennyg826
11-29-2012, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't hesitate! BOOM!! Dawg gone :)

Gateholio
11-29-2012, 03:17 PM
We had a thread on this topic recently. A search should be beneficial.