PDA

View Full Version : Historical LEH data

Slinky Pickle
11-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Does anyone have the data showing LEH odds for years prior to 2010? I am trying to look at the trends over that last few years and it would be great to go back as far as I can. At this point I'm just using the application PDF files that I've downloaded each year but if someone has the actual info that would be great.

BiG Boar
11-28-2012, 07:46 AM
call them, they will send you what you need. they sent me photo copies of everything I wanted.

bighornbob
11-28-2012, 09:41 AM
I have the paper regs going back at least 15 years. If you are looking for one animal in one area I can send you the numbers. If you are looking at numerous species and numerous areas to look at trends of numerous areas I wont really be able to help as it takes a lot of time sifting through the papers etc.

For certain animals like sheep I have the data in a spread sheet for all the years of the areas I apply in. There are definate trends and there are definate WTF trend lines when you look at the graph. If I decide to start a new species or new area I only look at data for the last five years. For sheep I think the trends get skewed when word gets out a big ram was taken in a certain unit as everyone applies there. ALso the dall sheep draws took a huge jump in odds when they changed the draw to February from the usual May. When draws are added or split like in the case of the bison draws also skews the trends lines.

The trends help a little as I usually choose the hunt with the lowest odds, but that still does not mean I get drawn.

BHB

Slinky Pickle
11-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Thanks guys! After a little sleuthing I discovered that all the data back to the 04/05 season is available online so I think I have everything I need.

Backcountry archer
10-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Just want to add to this one since I cant find any forums for my question. I have LEH synopsis going back as far as 1992/93 season. I was wondering if anyone has more info than I have for the Bison draws.
Does anyone know how far back the draws started?
In 1992 season there was 50 authorizations. No draws from 1993 to 1995. Draws reopened in the 1996 season at 200 authorizations and numbers climbed and dropped through the years. 2010/11 saw 704 authorizations and this year have dropped to 411 authorizations.

Slinky Pickle
10-28-2013, 04:59 PM
I've only got it back to 2004 so you're way up on me.

MOUNTAIN MICKEY
10-29-2013, 07:57 PM
I have limited entry regs back to 78/79 and regs back a bit further. Neat to see how things have changed over the years. Also have kept all my licences and tags too. Mickey