PDA

View Full Version : Two 4 Points Down

mddat
11-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Went out with my brother and buddy of mine on a hunting trip to region 5. We left home early friday morning on our 4 day hunt. We got to our spot around 11 am and set up camp.
After camp was good to go, we headed out for an afternoon hunt. We hiked out a ways and started seeing deer right away. Lots of does and a bunch of smaller bucks, no 4 points thou. The next morning we got up nice and early and headed out. We all hiked in together about a km, then we split up, my bro came with me as he had never been to the area before and we set a meeting spot for noon. 10 minutes after we split up, we spotted a doe and a big 2 point. We were kinda in the open so we snuck up to a little pine tree for some better cover and watched them for a couple of minutes. All of a sudden, what seemed like out of know where, there were two 4 point bucks chasing after another doe. One was a really nice one, the other a little smaller. So we both got ready and cause I spotted them first I was to have first shot. The hill side they were on was fairly wide open but had a bunch of pine trees every ten to fifteen yards. They were moving pretty fast trying to chase this doe, and I had ranged them at 279 yards, so I needed them to stop before taking a clean shot. Every time they stopped it was behind a tree and a shot just never presented it self. They both made there way up and over the hill and we didn't see them again. So we kept walking and slowing making our way to the spot where we were supposed to meet for lunch at what we called the bowl. We had radios and my buddy called and said he was on top of this bowl and was looking a 4 point bedded down, it was about 450 yards away and he told us to hurry over there and meet him. So about 20 minutes later of hurrying through the bush we finally got there, and made a plan. He said one of us could take the shot as he had already gotten a nice 6x3 buck in region 3 a week before the trip. Me and my brother snuck down the back side of this bowl staying out of sight for as long possible and we crawled over the ridge were we thought we had the best shot at him. I ranged him at 305 yards, we threw our bags down for a nice solid rest and my bro took the shot, Dropped him in tracks. It was my brothers first 4 point buck. Unfortunately I forgot my camera in camp so I didn't get a pic until after we got back at night.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/webkit-fake-url://4E2EDAF8-9F20-4EB1-984E-5EDEB4695B56/image.tiff

The next morning we headed out to the same spot we had seen those two 4 points the previous morning, this time when we split up I decided to go way left and my buddy was gonna right and we would meet up top of the hill where the deer were last seen the day before. I made my way through some thick bush to an opening on the back side of the hill and started walking up the hill along the treeline. All of a sudden I looked up and seen a deer about a 150 yards away, up go the binos and I knew instantly it was 4 point. I had to take about 5 steps to my right to a little pine tree and used the branch as my rest. He was quartering away from me and I slowy squeezed off the shot. Because of the recoil and couldn't see if I hit him or where he went, just that I couldn't see him anymore. I decided to sit there and wait and didn't want to push him. I got my radio out and called my buddy and told him I had shot a buck, as I'm telling him this he said he was looking at another 4 point. He made a move on it and got to with in a couple hundred yards and took a shot, but unfortunately he missed. He said he felt like he pulled his shot and walked up there and couldn't find any blood. So after I waited about a half hour I decided to head up to where I shot at my buck. After I was half way up there I could see him and I realized I had dropped him, it is my biggest buck yet.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/webkit-fake-url://33E89118-B346-4370-9B23-D48754C36B27/image.tiff

After we dressed him up we went back up to where my buddy shot at his buck and double checked but couldn't see any sign that he hit him, so we dragged my deer back to camp. We ended up going back out that afternoon to try and get my buddy his deer as it was our last day cause we were leaving in the morning. We spotted 2 more different 4 points but he couldn't get shots at them. All in all it was a great hunt by all. Here is a pic of the two heads together
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/webkit-fake-url://AD6DE543-997B-4441-AE18-013D35E10FA9/image.tiff

not sure why pics are not working but try link here

http://s1146.beta.photobucket.com/user/mdemale/story/15633#

monasheemountainman
11-27-2012, 10:56 AM
sounds like a great successful trip! looking forward to the pics!

tomahawk
11-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Well done, couple good bucks!

ianwuzhere
11-27-2012, 12:23 PM
nice bucks, good job,
congrats

kennyj
11-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Wow!! You guys sure saw a lot of bucks. Sounds like you had a great time.
kenny

IHUNTBC
11-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Excellent hunt, nice couple of bucks, congrats t the two of you....................

hunter1947
11-28-2012, 03:32 AM
Nice bucks the two of you got ,congrats..

fearnodeer
11-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Very nice,congrats to the both of you.