PDA

View Full Version : Conservation officers on Twitter

b.rockburn
11-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Hey .. are there any CO's on here that use Twitter? If so I'd like to follow you. The VIC PD use it and it's really useful to know what's happening in any particular area and would be so much easier to report things if I could simply type it quick and send it with a quick pic of what's going one as well..

Just an idea .. but communication with hunters as well as the other way around would go a long way and make it easier to report dirty poachers or tons of other stuff.

food for thought anyway.

Thanks,

BR

xtremearchery
11-27-2012, 09:29 AM
good idea. would be a heck of alot faster than that RAPP line.

elkdom
11-27-2012, 09:57 AM
CO's in BC are using some amazing technology,,,

why just the other day I spotted 2 CO's trying to utilize a "Pay Phone" in a gas station parking lot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

they seemed to be having some difficulty,,I don't think they had the right change "Budget Cut backs, you know"

Sofa King
11-27-2012, 10:01 AM
this is actually a really good idea.
pretty useless the way it is now to report a poacher or incident.
lucky even to get through, let alone get in touch with a co.
boy, this'll really make them feel special when their twitter-follower #'s suddenly jumps.

b.rockburn
11-27-2012, 11:17 AM
I don't actually know why they don't do this already .. i mean .. even if they have their own cell phones they should have this implemented .. I would love to be able to talk to a CO especially for clarification if I'm in an area I'm not sure about ... so many different benefits. If anyone knows a CO please suggest it to them.

THanks,

Spy
11-27-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't actually know why they don't do this already .. i mean .. even if they have their own cell phones they should have this implemented .. I would love to be able to talk to a CO especially for clarification if I'm in an area I'm not sure about ... so many different benefits. If anyone knows a CO please suggest it to them.

THanks,
Have you checked out the Hunt buddy app that Reach developed ? Twitter is a good idea !:-D

bandit
11-27-2012, 02:54 PM
There is a north shore co Facebook page. Info posted is not generally real time - mainly the results of compliance checks a couple of days after they were undertaken. Good that they let you know they are out and about keeping an eye on things though!