PDA

View Full Version : Met some fellow HBC hunters last trip

husky30-06
11-26-2012, 11:53 AM
for years out hunting i have woren my "favorite hat"......... couldnt find it this year and had to wear my backup hat. My HBC hat.................well thanks to wearing that hat i was able to meet some fellow HBC hunters in the Kamloops area and join in on thier success. Friendly bunch on guys and would meet up with them anytime in the years to come. Congrates on your success' and the one that got away!

swampdonkey
11-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Do we have a story on the way.

The Hermit
11-26-2012, 12:45 PM
He met Jellybean!!????

swampdonkey
11-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Man is he a lucky guy.

husky30-06
11-26-2012, 05:29 PM
story 1. after the first two days (of a 7 day hunt) of hiking and finding no fresh sign anywhere in or out of the bush, i kinda just cruised around looking for more options. a few hunters would drive by, some would stop and others would carry on by. the few trucks that did stop were (later i found out)the HBC guys. one group from the coast imparticular occupied two different trucks and were cruising around just like me looking for options. the one truck were the sons and we chatted for a bit about the weather and where everyone was from. the three of us kinds trouble shooted what to do and i suggested that they head up towards an older area as i was headed back into the trees to check out a couple more swamps. i gave rough directions as to how to get there and we parted ways. the next day i was up early again and decided to try out my new blind and camera for a whitey and headed off to a lower area. upon my return to my camp, i came across the guys again and i stopped to chat. as they pulled up i jokingly called over to see their bloody hands and to my surprise...........they were!!!!!! HOLY CRAP.......i asked to take a look and we all got out and to a boo at the kill........kills? what? two? where?......................"up where you told us to go!".......two?... yup standing side by side in a cut block, 3x4 and a 3x2!!!!!!!

story 2. short and incomplete.............