pickle88
11-24-2012, 08:43 PM
yup ,gotta start over ..

lightmag
11-24-2012, 08:48 PM
yup BIG pain, ....... start from scatch

Sofa King
11-24-2012, 09:34 PM
thought this was going to be a thread about how you're lonely and looking for a friend.
wasn't offering, just thought it'd be funny to read.

seriously though, mine expired and i went and did the test last year.
it was a breeze.
basic common-sense is enough to pass.

Pemby_mess
11-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Really big pain especially now that the provincial CFO's seem to be playing political games over potential layoffs. I just renewed mine from scratch and it took 1 year 4 days! They received it on November 18, 2011, approved november 22, 2012. After weekly phone calls basically telling me, nothing we can do - call back in a couple weeks, finally managed to talk to a firearms officer and he approved it over the phone. Even if you've held a licence before you start at the back of line. I was upgrading to RPAL but I'm not sure that had anything to do with it.

Trophyslayer
11-24-2012, 09:49 PM
thought this was going to be a thread about how you're lonely and looking for a friend.
wasn't offering, just thought it'd be funny to read.

seriously though, mine expired and i went and did the test last year.
it was a breeze.
basic common-sense is enough to pass.
You got hosed if you had to do the test again! Mine expired and all you have to do is send in a new applicant form and where asks for your corse info you wright down ON FILE because they have it ON FILE!

Sofa King
11-24-2012, 10:18 PM
You got hosed if you had to do the test again! Mine expired and all you have to do is send in a new applicant form and where asks for your corse info you wright down ON FILE because they have it ON FILE!

i only had the possession license.
i did the whole course for the pal.

Trophyslayer
11-24-2012, 10:22 PM
i only had the possession license.
i did the whole course for the pal.
oh that makes sense

cameron0518
11-25-2012, 12:23 AM
rewrite is my guess but i had my pol expire and challenged res/non res.

YAMMY-CA
11-25-2012, 03:16 PM
An RPAL takes much longer as there is a much more vigorous backgroung check.Who needs a PAL anyway-if you have a POL you just get someone to buy the gun and ammo for you-now there is no gun registry who knows when where and why the gun was purchased--anything illegal about it and how is anyone going to prove anything.??
I think the PAL/POL is stupid-if you have one you should be able to have the other.I/E one licence or permit.

scoutlt1
11-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Here's a crazy thought.
You have a PAL or a POL (which you can't "renew by the way"). Call the appropriate agency. Ask them...."how far ahead of time should I send in my renewal to make sure that my license doesn't expire before I get my new one?" You will get an answer, write down the name of the person you spoke to and the date and time you talked to them.
Then make sure you renew at the correct time. Agree or disagree with the necessity of a PAL, but it's still the law.
You shouldn't be surprised when your driver's license expires either, and it's up to you to make sure it doesn't.

Steelpulse
11-25-2012, 03:56 PM
it could take 45 days could take few months depends on who knows what, my brother renewed his after expiry took 45 days no interviews no calls just fill the form correctly.

Firstblood
11-27-2012, 08:02 PM
yeah, like steepulse said, my PAL expired when i turned 18. prior to this it was a minors permit. I never even looked at it because i only bowhunted at the time and didnt realize it was expired until someone stole both my and steelpulse compounds a week before the season started. i filled out the application wrote down ON FILE in the proof of pass section and 50 days later i got a full PAL no restrictions back. didnt redo any tests just filled out the form and sent it in. sent in 2 year expired minors permit got PAL back in 50 days, no problems.

Gateholio
11-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Wrong forum