PDA

View Full Version : Trail Cam Etiquette

Karl
11-23-2012, 09:59 PM
To whoever decided to stick a bandaid over my trail cam a couple weeks ago..... come on man.... it already got a bunch of pictures of you and then you have to go ahead and stick a bandaid on it? and then leave it on? come on people.... is there not an unwritten code of law out there between hunters? do not mess with another man's trail cam. am i crazy? has anyone ever had someone mess with their camera or cover it up?

ianwuzhere
11-23-2012, 10:01 PM
ive had three stolen. just be thankful it was still there

pickle88
11-23-2012, 10:06 PM
post the pics of the guy.someone might no him.dont even hesatate.

The Dawg
11-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Yup. Post him up

Karl
11-23-2012, 10:19 PM
i was thinking about posting...... i got pictures of the same group of guys days in a row..... then a long break (a week or so) and then covered up.. im thinking it was the same guy and they just got tired of having their picture taken and went back to that area knowing it was there and covered it up right away without getting their picture. you would have to be pretty sneaky to notice a cam and go up and stealth a bandaid over the lens without being caught...

~T-BONE~
11-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Yes be thankful it wasn't stolen.. post'em up for fun, kinda pay back!? lol.. Id be moving than camera though forsure.

The Dude
11-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Post em up. He knew he was on cam, it's Crown land, and Puublic, right? Post em
Email to me, I'll post them, what a dickwad thing to do.

Sofa King
11-23-2012, 10:25 PM
you do realize that not every person who hunts is on here right?
what would putting his pic up solve?
he didn't break any laws.
trailcams are pretty much a risk/reward item.
the guy was pretty good to leave it still there.
and you need to get his permission to use those pics of him.
he was probably pissed that his pic was taken without his consent.

Gateholio
11-23-2012, 10:27 PM
You don't need any permission to post pics taken in a public place. You can do whatever you want with them.

pickle88
11-23-2012, 10:29 PM

i find one of your comments a bit off.
you say the guy was pretty good to leave it still there.i would say the guy obviously should leave it there,it doesnt make him good cuz he left it there

The Dude
11-23-2012, 10:31 PM

You're gonna have to back that statement up, Duallie, cuz you're wrong again.

The Dawg
11-23-2012, 10:40 PM
And tampering with property that does not belong to you is mischief under the CCC

Wrong x 2

The Dude
11-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Could even be extended to "Interfering with a Lawful Hunt"
Another offence.

Trophyslayer
11-23-2012, 10:43 PM
If you had a "honey hole" that you worked hard to find and hunted many years regularly and found someone else's cams in there what would you do ?

The Dawg
11-23-2012, 10:45 PM
I certainly wouldn't touch the trail cam

Maybe lay a big loaf behind the tree

The Dude
11-23-2012, 10:46 PM
I would sit on a stuump and have a good cry. Then I would pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again.

I sure as hell wouldn't **** with another guy's personal property. To do that when he has your photo is the height of stupidity.

pickle88
11-23-2012, 10:47 PM
I would sit on a stuump and have a good cry. Then I would pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again.

I sure as hell wouldn't **** with another guy's personal property. To do that when he has your photo is the height of stupidity.

hey dont forget he was a pretty good guy for not taking it.haha.
i think its a given not to take it ,it defenetly doesnt make him a good guy

fishingguy44
11-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Ide try and tag the biggest buck in the area and bring it back to the trail cam and start posing. I dont think he was a good guy for leaving it there. I just dont see the point of covering the lens.

OutWest
11-23-2012, 10:55 PM

Man where do you come up with some of this stuff? The guy was pretty good to leave it there? All of a sudden you're a good guy because you don't steal someones game camera? The guy is a dick for covering up the camera plain and simple.

He doesn't need any permission to post pictures taken in a public place.

Karl
11-23-2012, 10:56 PM
i must admit he was a good guy for not screwing with it. he could have opened it up and pulled my card out or took the batteries (maybe he didn't know how) but ya i must admit he didn't screw with it..... ya the bandaid pissed me off... he could have pealed it off when he left the area but still. the thing that kind of makes me wonder a little is after the lens was covered it took a bunch of pictures that day. i sit and wonder what he was doing that day in front of the cam.. oh well one of lifes mysteries. well i suppose i wont post the pics... too much heat.. and yes its crown land i do kind of consider my honey hole but hey there is a lot of people that hunt the area. for all i know he has been hunting there before i even knew about the area.

OutWest
11-23-2012, 10:58 PM
If you had a "honey hole" that you worked hard to find and hunted many years regularly and found someone else's cams in there what would you do ?

So you somehow have preference on said spot over the guy who has his camera there? That guy could have worked just as hard or harder to find that spot than you. You don't mess with someone else's camera. Either adapt and hunt it differently or find a new spot.

pickle88
11-23-2012, 10:59 PM
So you somehow have preference on said spot over the guy who has his camera there? That guy could have worked just as hard or harder to find that spot than you. You don't mess with someone else's camera. Either adapt and hunt it differently or find a new spot.

exactly.good post

frenchbar
11-23-2012, 11:01 PM
i find it kinda humourous myself ..just some one pulling a little prank lol ..no biggie

Krico
11-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Leaving valuables in public places has it's risks. Why do people think trail cameras are somehow immune? I don't condone messing with them, but recognize the risk if mine is left on public land.

frenchbar
11-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Leaving valuables in public places has it's risks. Why do people think trail cameras are somehow immune? I don't condone messing with them, but recognize the risk if mine is left on public land.

thats it! i know if i leave 1 where other people may chance seeing it ..then i pretty much know it may get f@@ked with ..you take your chances.

OutWest
11-23-2012, 11:12 PM
i find it kinda humourous myself ..just some one pulling a little prank lol ..no biggie

I agree. To a point, it's pretty harmless. However, what if the lens was covered up shortly after the op set the camera up and he wasn't able to check the camera for weeks? I'd be more than a little ticked. Guys need to respect other guys cameras out there. Just leave them alone.

frenchbar
11-23-2012, 11:15 PM
I agree. To a point, it's pretty harmless. However, what if the lens was covered up shortly after the op set the camera up and he wasn't able to check the camera for weeks? I'd be more than a little ticked. Guys need to respect other guys cameras out there. Just leave them alone.

ya it sucks ..but what can ya do laugh it off and try again ...

pickle88
11-23-2012, 11:16 PM

ya ,its alotta work setting up cams . i got 2 out in the bush and all the time and effort in getting em out and checking them, it would piss me off if someone did that to mine

Sil3n2
11-23-2012, 11:18 PM

Agreed! Leaving anything out for someone to tamper with, unfortunately, has it's risk's, but at the same time don't F#$% with another hunters spot or cameras. Common courtesy to ALL US hunters! I'm always worried about where I leave my camera and wonder if it will be there when I return, but at the same time I believe that if someone stumbles upon it they will not mess with it, knowing its someone else's and they're trying to fill the freezer. Move on, there's plenty of land out there for everyone.

Caribou_lou
11-23-2012, 11:56 PM

Could have very well been his honey hole before you showed up!

If its not yours leave it be. Treat it as you want yours to be treated.

Superdeuce
11-24-2012, 12:00 AM
I lost a cluster of 3 cams all stolen at once this week... and ya, I am PO'd...I We aren't talking about leaving your pickup unlocked in town with your gun case on the seat and complaining when some douchebag helps himself.. that can be expected and you lock your vehicle and put the valuable out of sight. We are talking about in the woods where the only folks finding the cams are fellow hunters vast majority of the time.

It's odd because when it comes to un-manned base camps, parked vehicles, boats, etc, I think most all hunters generally respect each others personal property, but for some reason, trail cams do not fall into the same category for a lot of folks.... I guess we know what these a**holes do when they find a lost wallet.

I checked the Regs and she is GOS, no bag limit or tag required if you catch one of these fk'ers in the act.

Sil3n2
11-24-2012, 12:29 AM
It's to bad, to bad we have to lock everything up, trucks, cams, you name it, no one can be trusted, you would think putting a game cam out in the forest that no one would touch it, think again! Here we are on a website for hunting, to try and help one another, and (maybe) one of us, if not more, are lurking for these kinds of things, careful what you you say on here, someone is watching (lurking). Maybe I'm just being conspiratorial (especially after a few cold ones) but I'd think it's easy enough for someone to lurk these forums and pin point some game cams? Just makes me mad thinking of the people that would steal something not theirs, if I ever caught someone taking my cam and had my rifle, i'd.... scare them away????

Karl
11-24-2012, 01:19 AM
what else can i say except for after all this im feeling a little bit better and have come to the conclusion that i should just shrug it off have a little chuckle and be thankful for all the pics it has captured so far!
http://i49.tinypic.com/29dg0sj.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/34ot1t0.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/oicdhg.jpg

The Dude
11-24-2012, 02:17 AM
I bet it was the bears........ they can be a pain in the ass. Pesky buggers.

hunter1947
11-24-2012, 02:44 AM
This is a no,,no messing with someones trail cam ,,I have confronted lots of trail cams when I am out in the bush I just give a wave and a thumb up and then keep on walking ,,you don't inter fear with other peoples property thats our law out there in the bush lets keep it that way..

sakohunter
11-24-2012, 03:48 AM
Just because you photograph someone on your trailcam, does not mean they where the ones messing with it. Hunter1947 is right you just wave, laugh and move on. If you caught the person who actually was messing with it, then you should give them sh%t and post there pictures for all to see.

hunter1993ap
11-24-2012, 05:48 AM

i had this happen to me, i did not touch the cam. i cant wait for a thief to be caught and posted on this forum...

TIKA 300
11-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Best post so far,good to see that it has not made you uptight !!!
Great pics..........

what else can i say except for after all this im feeling a little bit better and have come to the conclusion that i should just shrug it off have a little chuckle and be thankful for all the pics it has captured so far!
http://i49.tinypic.com/oicdhg.jpg

Elkaholic
11-24-2012, 08:33 AM
I have had the same sort of thing. We have a trail cam 3 km's back into a remote valley on a elk trail. We have one at the head of this trail as well. For 2-3 weeks we got pics of the forestry guys flagging cut blocks. For the most part there was harmless screwing around pics then one time on their way out they covered the remote one with a very green bushy branch. Effectively making the camera useless. Funny thing is we have pics of every one of them. But I am sure they knew every time almost they walked out that trail a cougar was 5-10 mins behind them.... haha. Don't let it bug you man, be thankful you have you cam still. Buy a lockbox for it next year and rest easy.

Wrayzer
11-24-2012, 08:50 AM

I agree with this, and when I come across them in the bush Ill give a wave and keep moving along. We hiked in to mine this season, anxious to see what was on the cam at our salt lick, the elk sign was fantastic, only to find the camera flipped upside down with no pictures on it. Was it another hunter messing around with the camera? I like to give the benefit of the doubt, but when we found an elk carcass 200 or so yards behind where my camera was a week later, my suspision grew.

It is the risk one takes with having a camera locked or unlocked in the bush. Remember, you may think you found a spot not many guys have but in reality there could be a few other guys thinking the exact same thing.

Darksith
11-24-2012, 09:37 AM
I think you should feel obligated to post his picture. He may not be on this site, but theres probably a good chance that someone that knows him is, whether they look at this post is again another variable though...

If we can't put pressure on our fellow hunters to do the right thing and leave cams that aren't your alone then we can't do anything. At least doing something when possible (posting his picture so maybe he gets word that he has been branded a messer) is proactive. Too much of our society is not proactive these days, most of us included, and thats why we seem to have a lot of bitching posts on HBC rather than happy posts.

With cams that now upload the pictures to a remote receiver stashed somewhere else we really do have the ability to brand and catch these camera thieves, and without the support of all of us, these people will never be punished for their actions, which I think we all can agree is wrong and theft. Yes we put our cams out, yes peeps steal them, but that is wrong and illegal and if peeps get word that some thieves have been caught and charged then all our cams will be just that little bit safer. As far as the messer...a little prank yes, but right back at ya with your pic on the internet.

I HOPE YOU POST HIS PICTURE, it is in the same spirit as his prank, and not sinking down to his level rather trying to raise him up to yours.

r106
11-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Could have very well been his honey hole before you showed up!

If its not yours leave it be. Treat it as you want yours to be treated.

This is a no,,no messing with someones trail cam ,,I have confronted lots of trail cams when I am out in the bush I just give a wave and a thumb up and then keep on walking ,,you don't inter fear with other peoples property thats our law out there in the bush lets keep it that way..

X2 you would think this would be simple common sense and respect. I guess the saying " kids who hunt and fish don't rob people " is full of shit

And Yes you should post the guy's pic

*bcgold*
11-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Karl nice photos. Too bad about the prank. Obligated to post pictures, don't think so. Karl his own person can do what he wants. A guy vents about what happen to his trail cam on a forum site, and handful of you guys tell him to post pics. Say by chance no one knows who he is, but the clown has a buddy who see it. Nothing said or done on forum. Karl goes out next year maybe not in the same spot or another guy puts his camera there. The clown comes by, sees the camera, do think it will be a bandaid over it?... good advise?...

Ambush
11-24-2012, 11:45 AM
By the OP's post, it sounds like the folks he has pics of were there much earlier and did no damage. Why would you assume that they came back and then decided to cause problems. If it were hunters trying to protect the area, then wouldn't you think they would take the card?

If I was walking around the bush and ended up on your cam and then later had my pic posted on a hunting forum, being accused of vandalism, you better be prepared for a personnel visit!!
Your picture is recorded in every 7-11 you go to, does that mean you,re shoplifter?

mark
11-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Ive been playing with t- cams for years now, i have 6 of them. I dont lock em up, but leave a pic of myself on the card as well as a note inside with my name and ph no. Ive yet to have one stolen. But I have had them messed with several times. Had them turned around, pionted to the ground, one guy was checking and erasing my card on a regular basis. For those wanting a cheap lock box, buy a military ammo box for about $6 at a surplus store and do some mods, very easy and works well. Lag bolt it to the tree to save on a cable lock. This makes em bear proof also. I also have an old non working cam hanging on a well used trail by hunters, with a working cam hidden extremely well focused on the broken one. So far only honest hunters, but im sure its only a matter of time before i get pics of a thief, and i promise the pics will be smeared on this forum!!!
if more people did this, would be opportunists would think twice!

Remmy
11-24-2012, 11:56 AM
I agree that no one should touch another persons property, but what if these Cams are installed on private property by hunters (Without permission)? Is it ok for the land owner to remove and confiscate them?

curt
11-24-2012, 02:22 PM
wow your a pretty nice guy I must say what would it solve it would tell the hunting community on here that this guy is an a**hole and this guy wasnt pretty good to leave it behind he is a prick for fu**ing with something that wasnt his!! and he needed permission to touch to tamper with something that wasnt his but he neglected to do that too so ya post his pic and if anyone regonizes this sh** stain kick his ass for being stupid!! Christ wtf is the matter with you man guys would love to steal stuff from you sound s like you may even thank them for not leaving a mess!?!?!? YOU ARE FAR TO NICE

springpin
11-24-2012, 02:39 PM
My trailcam was stolen...week or so ago.. But, I managed to drop the buck, that was haunting the area on Tuesday! I consider that payback!

pickle88
11-24-2012, 02:49 PM
they should come up with some sorta gps tracking devices to attach to the trail cams somehow to track em once there stolen, like they have for tablets and iphones,
wouldnt it be sweet to knock on the guys door who stole it

kennyj
11-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Funny, I went to check on one of mine today and the SD card was GONE and it was turned off! I'm glad the camera was still there.
kenny

pickle88
11-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Funny, I went to check on one of mine today and the SD card was GONE and it was turned off! I'm glad the camera was still there.
kenny

what is it people these days..no bloody respect for other peoples property.
this is rediculous ..if you want a camera go and buy one and set it up.

nor'wester
11-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Back in the day a guy would have to put in a lot of time/knowledge/sweat to peg where 'the big one is'...those guys are still out there, and what they accomplish is truly admirable (for example on hbc: kenny j "back fork buck" = kudos). Now everybody's putting F#$&ing cameras in the bush!?! Jeeebus!...give the freekin game a little breathing room! What's next? Friggin infrared?!?...is every hunter turning into james f-ing bond?!?! Who knew the 'thrill-of-the-hunt' would turn into staring at automated pics through your computer...good god. I hope those things become outlawed and that the guys that are 'stealing' them are smashing the f*(*ing things!!

The Dude
11-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Back in the day a guy would have to put in a lot of time/knowledge/sweat to peg where 'the big one is'...those guys are still out there, and what they accomplish is truly admirable (for example on hbc: kenny j "back fork buck" = kudos). Now everybody's putting F#$&ing cameras in the bush!?! Jeeebus!...give the freekin game a little breathing room! What's next? Friggin infrared?!?...is every hunter turning into james f-ing bond?!?! Who knew the 'thrill-of-the-hunt' would turn into staring at automated pics through your computer...good god. I hope those things become outlawed and that the guys that are 'stealing' them are smashing the f*(*ing things!!

I hope you have thick skin, cuz it's about to get tested :D

The Dude
11-25-2012, 01:53 AM
I agree that no one should touch another persons property, but what if these Cams are installed on private property by hunters (Without permission)? Is it ok for the land owner to remove and confiscate them?
Absolutely. Also means your trespassing, so cam-owner would have to go back and beg landowner for forgiveness.

hunter1947
11-25-2012, 05:17 AM
I get the cheap trail cameras $50.00 on sale at walmart at times you have saw the pictures that my trail cameras take no to shabby for that kind of bucks ,,if one goes missing then I am not out hundreds of dollars.

Lets face it I only need to see what is in the area I hunt ,,time date and year on the picture ,,,, I even hooked op a deep cell battery on two of my trail cameras to save on the dollar the deep cell batt lasts the whole 6 months that I have the camera out.

I put the two trail cameras closer to a old spur road with the deep cell car batt so I don't have to carry them to far into the bush ,,one place where I have one with the car batt is only 75 yards from where I park my quad...

Here are a few of the trail cams that I buy from wholesale sports or Walmart stores..

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/00321.JPG (http://javascript<strong></strong>:;)

hunter1993ap
11-25-2012, 05:27 AM

i dont dissagree with your post but trail cams are available now and let you know what is in the area. i will use the teck while it is available. except for stealing them, that is still just plain wrong.

Ozone
11-25-2012, 06:17 AM
Back in the day a guy would have to put in a lot of time/knowledge/sweat to peg where 'the big one is'...those guys are still out there, and what they accomplish is truly admirable (for example on hbc: kenny j "back fork buck" = kudos). Now everybody's putting F#$&ing cameras in the bush!?!
Can you post a photo of the rock you hunt with, you know, like they did back in the day.

What's next? Friggin infrared?!?...
Infared trail cameras have been around for awhile now.

I hope those things become outlawed and that the guys that are 'stealing' them are smashing the f*(*ing things!!
Good to see you on the side of the thieves. It shows us your true colours.

eaglesnester
11-25-2012, 08:04 AM
If you had a "honey hole" that you worked hard to find and hunted many years regularly and found someone else's cams in there what would you do ?Nothing. Why would U do something about someone hunting your honey hole? Crown land is open to everyone, any time, during hunting season and legal shooting hours. Don't think for one minute that U have any exclusive right to a honey hole just because U discovered it. That is unless it is on your own private land. Others know about it as well. As far as a honey hole just belonging to U, that is a huge fantasy.

eaglesnester
11-25-2012, 08:13 AM
I think you should feel obligated to post his picture. He may not be on this site, but theres probably a good chance that someone that knows him is, whether they look at this post is again another variable though... If we can't put pressure on our fellow hunters to do the right thing and leave cams that aren't your alone then we can't do anything. At least doing something when possible (posting his picture so maybe he gets word that he has been branded a messer) is proactive. Too much of our society is not proactive these days, most of us included, and thats why we seem to have a lot of bitching posts on HBC rather than happy posts. With cams that now upload the pictures to a remote receiver stashed somewhere else we really do have the ability to brand and catch these camera thieves, and without the support of all of us, these people will never be punished for their actions, which I think we all can agree is wrong and theft. Yes we put our cams out, yes peeps steal them, but that is wrong and illegal and if peeps get word that some thieves have been caught and charged then all our cams will be just that little bit safer. As far as the messer...a little prank yes, but right back at ya with your pic on the internet. I HOPE YOU POST HIS PICTURE, it is in the same spirit as his prank, and not sinking down to his level rather trying to raise him up to yours.The individual that posted the trail cam thread did not actually see the person that put the tape over the lens of the trail cam. To accuse the other hunters that were photographed hunting within the law is foolhardy and just plain wrong. More evidence is needed here. Think about it people.

The Dude
11-25-2012, 08:39 AM
One of the folks in the pics looks rather familiar.......anyone wanna fess up?

hawk-i
11-25-2012, 08:50 AM
To whoever decided to stick a bandaid over my trail cam a couple weeks ago..... come on man.... it already got a bunch of pictures of you and then you have to go ahead and stick a bandaid on it? and then leave it on? come on people.... is there not an unwritten code of law out there between hunters? do not mess with another man's trail cam. am i crazy? has anyone ever had someone mess with their camera or cover it up?

And just what gives you the right to spy on WHO is using crown land, the guy has the right to enter crown land for legal purposes without his picture being taken...if you're camera is on private property that's different. You're very lucky the guy didn't claim your camera as abandoned property. Myself, I wouldn't care if the camera was there or not but people do have a right to privacy too.

The Dude
11-25-2012, 08:59 AM
And just what gives you the right to spy on WHO is using crown land, the guy has the right to enter crown land for legal purposes without his picture being taken...if you're camera is on private property that's different. You're very lucky the guy didn't claim your camera as abandoned property. Myself, I wouldn't care if the camera was there or not but people do have a right to privacy too.

He's on public land, he walked, with his buddy, both in Camo with rifles and binos, in front of a trail cam. Are you saying that if you are at a football game,and take a picture, that you must cover all exits, and get consent forms to publish any pics?
Feel your head, buddy.

Darksith
11-25-2012, 09:08 AM

sometimes its better to not post rather than stray off topic and make yourself sound like an idoit, especially an idiot that only has a couple posts on here...that being said I use my T cams to look for deer, but since its mulie country there really isn't any patterning, and it gets me out in the bush all year long. Its much more of a hobby than a hunting tool. And I would bet that most of the peeps that get pics of the "big one" as you put it are putting in a ton of time/knowledge/sweat as you put it. I bet if you went and got a cam then you too would experience the "thrill of the hunt" as I do, I just get to do it all year round and lots of times its with a camera not a gun, and Im not taking away the animals "breathing room" as Im not there pushing them, nor are they aware of my camera.

But thanks for your concern of the animals...

11-25-2012, 09:12 AM

Its generally accepted that pictures can be taken in public places with or with out permission. Ethics wise may be a different story, but legally it is allowed, the other aspect is that no one is specifically out to take "your" picture with a trail cam........as much as we have our right to enjoy our privacy so do other folks have rights to enjoy and pursue their legal pastimes.

Darksith
11-25-2012, 09:16 AM
The individual that posted the trail cam thread did not actually see the person that put the tape over the lens of the trail cam. To accuse the other hunters that were photographed hunting within the law is foolhardy and just plain wrong. More evidence is needed here. Think about it people.

How do you know? I don't, and thats why its up to the OP, I was just stating that if someone messes with my cam, steals my shit etc etc and I have the opportunity identify them I am gonna do it. I am so tired of getting ripped off, robbed, vandalized etc etc. If you have a pic of someone on your cam and then 5 min later your cam goes dark its a pretty safe bet who is to blame when your in the middle of no where

sparkes3
11-25-2012, 09:20 AM
i dont think you should put their pics on here because it may not have been them, unless you have another camera with a pic of them tampering with your camera you may cause a whole lot of grief for the wrong people.
as for private property if it were my property i would leave a note saying they could pick it up at the local cop shop along with their trespassing fine .

The Dude
11-25-2012, 09:24 AM
The OP has no intention of posting pics on here. The pics of the two hunters and the Band-Aid Affair were a few days apart.

The Dude
11-25-2012, 09:30 AM
And for someone to notice a cam and block it in a fairly remote location without EVER getting on film is an extremely long shot.
Same guys came back knew where it was , and messed with it. I would bet on that.
Good on ya for not stealing it though, boys, but we have pics.
Congratulations.
Next time leave other people's property alone.

hawk-i
11-25-2012, 10:04 AM
He's on public land, he walked, with his buddy, both in Camo with rifles and binos, in front of a trail cam. Are you saying that if you are at a football game,and take a picture, that you must cover all exits, and get consent forms to publish any pics?
Feel your head, buddy.

Nope, that's NOT what I'm trying to get across at all. The point I"m trying to make is, if you abandon your personal property (trailcam) on crown land don't be surprised or pissed that someone has either tampered with it or removed it. Like I said some people like to have their privacy respected too.
I'll give you a little challenge, try sitting on a well used access route to a hunting or hiking area and take a picture with your hand held camera of every person or group of people that passes. Some will like it and pose for the shot, others will not care one way or the other (me), and some will demand that you cease your actions and delete the photo or face the consequences....this to me sounds like real life, don't you agree?
If you want others to respect you, your views, and your ways of life, return the courtesy.
Happy hunting!!!
Not
Happy surveillance!!!

Superdeuce
11-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Nope, that's NOT what I'm trying to get across at all. The point I"m trying to make is, if you abandon your personal property (trailcam) on crown land don't be surprised or pissed that someone has either tampered with it or removed it. Like I said some people like to have their privacy respected too.

Do you really think a guy steals a trail cam in the bush because he doesn't want his picture taken? No, he is a scumbag thief that's why. And a trailcam is no more abandoned when installed on crown land than you leaving your vehicle parked at Walmart. You know it is somebody else's personal property, you know it was left as is where is intentionally and you know it is wrong to fk with it.

In the case of the OP, I would be choked but at least relieved they had enough moral sense to not steal it or damage it. Big difference in my opinion.

*bcgold*
11-25-2012, 11:53 AM
You're gonna have to back that statement up, Duallie, cuz you're wrong again.
The Dude, when you got time google "The use of a person's photograph without their consent" Should be able to find a article about the cdn supreme court.
It sucks what happen to the trail cam. I remember a post, where a bear vandal the cam and some of you guys suggested raising the cam higher or move it more out of view. Its nice to see nice and close up photos, but do people really need quality pics to say the right animal hangs out here?

pickle88
11-25-2012, 01:42 PM
geez, this thread has turned into a bunch o bickering old men.

enough

snareman1234
11-25-2012, 01:51 PM
geez, this thread has turned into a bunch o bickering old men.

enough

In general, Hunting BC is ^

curt
11-25-2012, 02:10 PM
wow i'll take it easy on you but guy get with the times you take advantage of technology every single minute of every day in your life, as we all do so why would this be any different?? increasing your odds for a good hunt, better golf game, hitting a baseball harde,r shooting a puck faster.........pleasing your wife with new fancy toys its all the same thing!!! :)

Ourea
11-25-2012, 02:13 PM
wow i'll take it easy on you but guy get with the times you take advantage of technology every single minute of every day in your life, as we all do so why would this be any different?? increasing your odds for a good hunt, better golf game, hitting a baseball harde,r shooting a puck faster.........pleasing your wife with new fancy toys its all the same thing!!! :)

Well said.

curt
11-25-2012, 02:13 PM
with you on that Darksith there are so many ignorant fu**s out there I'd take pleasure in doing that too!
How do you know? I don't, and thats why its up to the OP, I was just stating that if someone messes with my cam, steals my shit etc etc and I have the opportunity identify them I am gonna do it. I am so tired of getting ripped off, robbed, vandalized etc etc. If you have a pic of someone on your cam and then 5 min later your cam goes dark its a pretty safe bet who is to blame when your in the middle of no where

jaymin
11-25-2012, 02:47 PM
I think thats funny as hell. I might do the same if I see a camera out there. And yes he was a good guy for not taking it. its a harmless joke. Get over yourselves

scoutlt1
11-25-2012, 02:56 PM
I think thats funny as hell. I might do the same if I see a camera out there. And yes he was a good guy for not taking it. its a harmless joke. Get over yourselves

Pretty ignorant, especially for a first post....
Somebody puts a trail cam out, leave the damn thing alone. If it's on private property totally different story.
What the hell?? What's wrong with respecting someone else's property?
Give a smile and a wave if you see one, and carry on hunting. Why is this so complicated?

YAMMY-CA
11-25-2012, 03:07 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/oicdhg.jpg So is it less ethical to bait moose and deer with salt blocks than to tamper with a trail cam?? I don't think so-both are dispicable.

The Dawg
11-25-2012, 03:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

The Dawg
11-25-2012, 03:14 PM

So did you get any dirt in your cut when you took off your bandaid?

Superdeuce
11-25-2012, 03:14 PM

Let's see, I scouted 2 nice bucks before the season. One that I could never catch on trail cam has resided in my freezer since early Sep.... the other, I got on trail cam numerous occasions, and I have hunted alll season for and he still runs free... Ya, these cam should be outlawed along with rangefinders, scopes, binoculars, etc.

In all seriousness, it is just as much a hobby... sometimes, I have to check myself from cutting my hunt short as am anxious to see what critters I caught on cam - be it deer, bears, cougar, wolf. etc. My kids enjoy it too. If anything, they have probably done more harm then good by disturbing the area with scent and the cam spooking the odd deer who sees or faintly hears the shutter as most are not 100% stealth.

Even when you know a certain buck is in an area, it is reassuring with the cam that you are not wasting a whole bunch of credits on the homefron chasing a ghost every weekend...same reason I often check HBC to see if someone else has bagged a buck I am after.

The Dawg
11-25-2012, 03:16 PM

Hows that for completely backwards thinking?

Arent you staring at 'automated pics through a computer' while posting on HBC?

scoutlt1
11-25-2012, 03:21 PM
"selective technological advancement application"

pickle88
11-25-2012, 03:39 PM

its far from a harmless joke ,id be pissed if it happened to me .i put allotta time and effort in my cams ,i travel 2 1/2 hrs each way and hike up hill for an hour..
and if some ass wipe figures its a harmless joke, well he better ask himself ,how would you feel if this happened to you

hawk-i
11-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Do you really think a guy steals a trail cam in the bush because he doesn't want his picture taken? No, he is a scumbag thief that's why. And a trailcam is no more abandoned when installed on crown land than you leaving your vehicle parked at Walmart. You know it is somebody else's personal property, you know it was left as is where is intentionally and you know it is wrong to fk with it.

In the case of the OP, I would be choked but at least relieved they had enough moral sense to not steal it or damage it. Big difference in my opinion.

Parking your car at walmart for a few hours is not the same thing. If you were to park your vehicle in front of a walmart main entry and it was snapping pictures of every one coming and going do you really believe it would still be there after lets say two weeks??? Answer, most likey NO.
The store staff would report it as an abondoned vehicle after a week or so and it would be towed to an impound.
Or why not try and set up just a trailcam at the enterance and see how long it remains in place.
Anyone leaving their property unattended in the wilderness for an extended period of time and actually expecting it to be there untouched when they return is not being realistic and the prove of this is in the amount of people that have said they have lost trailcams doing this.

Superdeuce
11-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Hawk - it has nothing to do with it being a picture taking device. That is NOT why people are stealing them. They are taking them because they are opportunistic thieves encountering as you call it "unattended" property... the crime itself is in fact no different then your car at Walmart, stealing a faller's saw in the bush or vandalizing logging equipment.

The bottom line is, to answer the OP's question, there is an obvious unwritten etiquette for trail cams and respecting your fellow hunter in general... However, given the countless stories which surface on HBC of un-ethical hunter behavior towards another fellow hunter in varying forms... you are probably right Hawk, it should come as no suprise that someone would tamper with your trail cam. Personally, I think outright theft however takes it to another level being it is in fact a criminal act.

Ourea
11-25-2012, 10:26 PM
I chuckle over this thread.
Some get the obvious.....others miss the point "completely".
I, being one of the many that have felt the sting of having cameras stolen gets it.
It's about simply respecting other people's property. PERIOD.

I also get a kick out of certain people that talk about being honourable and trusting about the trail cams they employ.
Funny, when they have been documented trying to steal a camera out of a tree and also are recorded giving the finger as they pass by others cams.
For another day...

Cameras are stolen left right and centre. That's a fact.
Fairy dust and wishful thinking doesn't work.

Use a lock box.
Lag the lock box to the tree.
Boa cable the box to the tree.
Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

If you leave something of value in the bush take the appropriate measures to protect it.
Anyone that deliberately compromises a camera is a douche.......simple as that.

The Dude
11-25-2012, 10:41 PM
So is it less ethical to bait moose and deer with salt blocks than to tamper with a trail cam?? I don't think so-both are dispicable.

Another post that ignores the law. Attracting game with a salt block is entirely legal in BC.
Are you complaining about someone's right to hunt legally in BC?
What's despicable about it? Ask any of the guys that are in to trail camming about how much work is involved. I also don't see any complaints on here when cool trail cam pics show up, cuz others have done all the grunt work.
Some people on this thread have to "get over themselves", I agree.

The Dude
11-25-2012, 10:43 PM

I agree.
It is pretty ignorant to post that as your first post.

hunter1947
11-26-2012, 02:31 AM
I had a person call the CO up last year and told the CO that I was baiting deer and elk and that I was breaking the law by doing this the CO told this man that baiting deer and elk or moose in BC is legal this man when he heard this from the CO was surprised that it was legal to bait deer,moose,elk in BC ,, my trail cams are 20 to 30 feet from the salt blocks and bait.....

The Dude
11-26-2012, 03:08 AM
Parking your car at walmart for a few hours is not the same thing. If you were to park your vehicle in front of a walmart main entry and it was snapping pictures of every one coming and going do you really believe it would still be there after lets say two weeks??? Answer, most likey NO.
The store staff would report it as an abondoned vehicle after a week or so and it would be towed to an impound.
Or why not try and set up just a trailcam at the enterance and see how long it remains in place.
Anyone leaving their property unattended in the wilderness for an extended period of time and actually expecting it to be there untouched when they return is not being realistic and the prove of this is in the amount of people that have said they have lost trailcams doing this.

What on earth does leaving an abandoned vehicle dumped at the front of a Walmart Main Entrance, and a trail cam hidden back in the woods have in common?

The trail cam has one purpose only: To capture photos of game and hopefully pattern an animal for harvest in a legal way. If someone is in public, on public land, and they get their photo taken, then it's incidental. No harm , no foul, no laws broken.
Similiarly, Im not sure putting a blocker on the lens is against the law, I would think it's un-enforceable. What we're saying is: Only a DOUCHE would do that.

Anyone in the "whatever" camp has obviously never had a bunch of cams out. If you'd put the money, time, research, and sweat equity into a trail cam hobby you wouldn't be making such asinine remarks.

Brambles
11-26-2012, 04:06 AM
If it isnt your property, don't frikken touch it!!! Pretty cut and dry if you ask me!!!

hawk-i
11-26-2012, 10:03 AM
What on earth does leaving an abandoned vehicle dumped at the front of a Walmart Main Entrance, and a trail cam hidden back in the woods have in common?

The trail cam has one purpose only: To capture photos of game and hopefully pattern an animal for harvest in a legal way. If someone is in public, on public land, and they get their photo taken, then it's incidental. No harm , no foul, no laws broken.
Similiarly, Im not sure putting a blocker on the lens is against the law, I would think it's un-enforceable. What we're saying is: Only a DOUCHE would do that.

Anyone in the "whatever" camp has obviously never had a bunch of cams out. If you'd put the money, time, research, and sweat equity into a trail cam hobby you wouldn't be making such asinine remarks.

OK, this is the last time I will post on this topic and then we will have to agree to disagree.

First off, a trailcam is NOT a random incidental photograph....it is pure and simple "Surveillance", surveillance along with the electronic recording of date, time and picture of what ever passes in front of it. It maybe used for multiple applications and does NOT restrict its self to the random capture of game photo's only.

Secondly, if a trailcam would only collect random game photo's this whole debate would be moot...but that's not the case. You state it's only purpose is to collect pictures of game and to pattern them...that's a fail. It's design and purpose is unlimited recorded surveillance and the access to that information is availiable to whom ever first retrieves it.

Lastly, while a single random incidental photograph of a person on public land isn't considered an infringment upon a persons privacy rights, surveillance is.

Your demeaning comment "asinine remarks" lends no credibility to your argument!

ruger#1
11-26-2012, 10:37 AM
OK, this is the last time I will post on this topic and then we will have to agree to disagree.

First off, a trailcam is NOT a random incidental photograph....it is pure and simple "Surveillance", surveillance along with the electronic recording of date, time and picture of what ever passes in front of it. It maybe used for multiple applications and does NOT restrict its self to the random capture of game photo's only.

Secondly, if a trailcam would only collect random game photo's this whole debate would be moot...but that's not the case. You state it's only purpose is to collect pictures of game and to pattern them...that's a fail. It's design and purpose is unlimited recorded surveillance and the access to that information is availiable to whom ever first retrieves it.

Lastly, while a single random incidental photograph of a person on public land isn't considered an infringment upon a persons privacy rights, surveillance is.

Your demeaning comment "asinine remarks" lends no credibility to your argument! Then go grow your dope where there isn't any trail cams. If I caught some one playing around with my trail cam the out come wouldn't be perty. I hunt behind locked gates. It keeps the douche bags out of my hair!

Gateholio
11-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Trail cams could not be considered "surveillance" of a human. When the trailcam takes a pic of a human, it's a chance encounter.

The Dawg
11-26-2012, 11:53 AM

Your demeaning comment "asinine remarks" lends no credibility to your argument!

http://marvinlindsay.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b54369e201538e2a0ca5970b-800wi

OR

http://www.vcreporter.com/site_images_upload/story/2009/11/04/12/feat.jpg

madrona sh
11-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Would I steal a trail cam? Not a chance.
Do I have cams out on crow land? You bet.
Have I had any stolen? Not yet.
If they were stolen would I be upset? No.
My thoughts are if you leave something out in the bush you better be prepared to have it go missing.
There are thieves out there, and a lot of them.
You are at risk leaving $hit in the woods. You shouldn't be supprized.

hawk-i
11-26-2012, 01:11 PM
What I'm talking about is what Justice LaForest of the Supreme Court of Canada said in a decision:

"To permit unrestricted video surveillance would seriously diminish the degree of privacy we can reasonably expect to enjoy in a free society . . . We must always be alert to the fact that modern methods of electronic surveillance have the potential, if uncontrolled, to annihilate privacy."

This was in respect to surveillance by the state but applies equally to any surveillance as there is no way to confirm who the ultimite end user is.

*bcgold*
11-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Confused? I thought we talking about publishing pictures of people waking passing a cam. Not what you would do when your caught by trail cam. Personally I would just tip my hat with a smile and move on.

hunter1947
11-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Would I steal a trail cam? Not a chance.
Do I have cams out on crow land? You bet.
Have I had any stolen? Not yet.
If they were stolen would I be upset? No.
My thoughts are if you leave something out in the bush you better be prepared to have it go missing.
There are thieves out there, and a lot of them.
You are at risk leaving $hit in the woods. You shouldn't be supprized.

I like what you posted very true ,,good point..

sakohunter
11-26-2012, 06:16 PM
This thread is eleven pages long, because someone put a bandage in front of a trail cam lens. I guess Karl is having the last laugh now.

The Dude
11-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Where do I get one of those tin foil hats Dawg?
Apparently the sky is falling again.

Karl
11-26-2012, 07:07 PM
thanks dude..... i was about to say the same thing

ruger#1
11-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Hey Dude. Pass the popcorn.

wicket
11-26-2012, 08:28 PM
holy phawk another epic thread. is there really any sane arguement for not leaving peoples property alone?

hawk-i
11-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Toooooo funny....Larry, Curley, and Moe strike again!

proguide66
11-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Just read half this thread...facking FUNNY shit ! How bout the guy who rants about trail cams then says " whats next infra red" ???
Realy??? :shock:..........PWAAA HAAAA......:lol::lol::lol: popcorn on me boys , this is fun shit !!!:lol:

springpin
11-26-2012, 08:39 PM
OK, this is the last time I will post on this topic and then we will have to agree to disagree. Quote by Hawk-i..

Still posting.....

hawk-i
11-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I know but sometimes I just can't help it....lol...Ok, this time its my last post.

ruger#1
11-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Just read half this thread...facking FUNNY shit ! How bout the guy who rants about trail cams then says " whats next infra red" ???
Realy??? :shock:..........PWAAA HAAAA......:lol::lol::lol: popcorn on me boys , this is fun shit !!!:lol: I call bs on the popcorn. Steve is so cheap. He turns his underwear inside out instead of washing them. So he can save a few pennies.

The Dude
11-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Toooooo funny....Larry, Curley, and Moe strike again!

I thought you'd finished posted three posts ago.
Oh, and calling other members "Stooges" lends no credibility to your argument...... ZING!

Superdeuce
11-26-2012, 09:10 PM
To answer the OP question, Trailcam encounter etiquette is as follows:

1) If you see a cam, walk on by but feel free to wave, nod your hat, flip the bird, drop your gear or whatever gesture turns your crank.

2) If you have small pecker syndrome like Hawk and have a phobia of "surveillance" cams, keep your drawers on and walk around the back of the cam so as to not have your photo taken.

3) If you never saw the cam and ended up with your photo taken without your consent, don't worry about justifiably stealing the cam for retribution as Hawk suggests, because chances are you are still oblivious that we got a photo and have your small pecker posted here on HBC under the "small game" forum.

The Dude
11-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Maybe that's what the band-aid was covering up before?

burger
11-26-2012, 09:30 PM
If it isnt your property, don't frikken touch it!!! Pretty cut and dry if you ask me!!!

Couldnt have saiid it better myself.

I walk up to cam look at cam...think to myself its not mine...walk away. That was easy!!!

ANYTHING less is well...

P.S. dropping your pants for a photo is totally acceptable funny stuff!!!

hunter1993ap
11-26-2012, 09:37 PM
i've came accross my fair share of cams in the bush. look at cam, wonder if they have anything good on it, continue on. i have never even had a thought to steel a cam, but i guess thats just how i was brought up. i guess thats why my trail cam carma is good, still havnt lost a cam and have had a good number out for the last 5 years. the only way to have good security on your cams is to lock them to the tree, and hope a guy doesnt blow it out of the tree with his magnum.

hunter1947
11-27-2012, 02:26 AM
No one should tamper with someones trail cam thats if it is on crown land ,,,but if its on private property the owner has the rights to do what he or she wants to do with this trail camera..

.330 Dakota
11-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Could even be extended to "Interfering with a Lawful Hunt"
Another offence.

That was my 1st thought,,and why mess with someones gear anyway,,what are they 5 years old,,grow up for Gods sake

.330 Dakota
11-27-2012, 09:06 AM
The worst Ive done with someones trail cam is to wave at it, then find a new area as you know someone else is hunting there,,its just the polite thing to do.

JAYDOG32
11-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Nice picture of the moose. I really like the salt block and the ladder pegs that I can only assume lead to your tree stand, so much for fair chase hunting!!!

Wood butcher
11-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Nice picture of the moose. I really like the salt block and the ladder pegs that I can only assume lead to your tree stand, so much for fair chase hunting!!!
Nice troll, get a grip on the regs!

JAYDOG32
11-28-2012, 11:50 AM
So if it was legal to use a leg hold trap you would be o.k. with that?

Darksith
11-28-2012, 12:03 PM
So if it was legal to use a leg hold trap you would be o.k. with that?

lol, you need to get out there and find something to do...if its legal its legal, you may not agree with it and thats your right, we all have our own opinions. But better try to establish yourself here before you attempt to argue opinions.

if your here to look for a fight you'll just end up banned...nice first 2 posts.

springpin
11-28-2012, 12:03 PM
What's wrong with using blocks, apples, grain. Etc, etc....it's perfectly legal. What's the problem??

wicket
11-28-2012, 12:10 PM

BAZINGA another troll crawls out from under the bridge, guess you either didnt read the rules for posting or didnt care about the rules for posting have a nice short stay

JAYDOG32
11-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Just one hunters opinion, that's not against the rules.

springpin
11-28-2012, 12:28 PM
I'll get the popcorn, and sit back and watch the flaming!

BimmerBob
11-28-2012, 12:29 PM

I hope you walk everywhere you need to go and use only primitive weapons for your thrill... Technology changes things, not always for the better but we ALL end up having to live with it, we don't get to steal and smash everything we disagree with, sheesh!

Darksith
11-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Just one hunters opinion, that's not against the rules.

neither is anything anyone is doing here, so you are arguing with yourself. Like I said, establish yourself as a contributing member of these forums, then argue opinions, but don't come in here all high and mighty and expect to last long.

Think of all the bleeding hearts that would come here just to stirr the pot, if your not one fair enough, but you sure are acting like one.

BimmerBob
11-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Nope, that's NOT what I'm trying to get across at all. The point I"m trying to make is, if you abandon your personal property (trailcam) on crown land don't be surprised or pissed that someone has either tampered with it or removed it.

So... what you seem to be saying is that if you abandon your car/truck/quad on crown land then it is OK for others to tamper or remove it? Strange thinking IMHO.

BimmerBob
11-28-2012, 12:43 PM
OK, I just finished reading this entire thread hoping for the pictures of the dopes walking past the trail cam and am very disappointed. Come on Karl, post them up! :)

newhunterette
11-28-2012, 12:50 PM
and this sort of thing is why I have a special warning sticker glued to our trail cam.........."touch wood" so far we have had no issues with our cam being tampered with, covered up, or stolen...so I am going to say My sticker must be pretty convincing to keep others off it..................I've offered before to send a copy for printing and sticking to anyone who would like to give it a try on their trail cams......

Ali

JAYDOG32
11-28-2012, 02:52 PM
The worst Ive done with someones trail cam is to wave at it, then find a new area as you know someone else is hunting there,,its just the polite thing to do.
Does leaving a trail cam in an area for weeks on end stake a claim for hunting rights? Maybe if there is a person in the tree stand. Otherwise I would hunt there.

LYKTOHUNT
11-28-2012, 03:09 PM
OK, I just finished reading this entire thread hoping for the pictures of the dopes walking past the trail cam and am very disappointed. Come on Karl, post them up! :)

So a hunter walks past a trail cam, I was wondering what part of that makes him a dope

The Dawg
11-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Does leaving a trail cam in an area for weeks on end stake a claim for hunting rights? Maybe if there is a person in the tree stand. Otherwise I would hunt there.

No it doesn't. But hunting in an area you know someone is actively hunting is just a douche move.

Ethics buddy. Ethics. First rule of CORE club

JAYDOG32
11-28-2012, 03:26 PM
No it doesn't. But hunting in an area you know someone is actively hunting is just a douche move.

By that logic I could put cameras all over the bush and I would be laughing eh!
I always respect the space of other hunters, I am often not afforded the same luxury. Cameras are not hunters, just tools for lazy hunters.

sakohunter
11-28-2012, 03:32 PM

Let's understand this. If a person has a trail cam in area, then we are the go some where else to hunt? It makes sense if you see another hunter in an area to move on, but a trail cam I don't think so. I always mark areas like this in my GPS for future reference and scouting.

How many times have we read on this forum. Where a hunter has been in an area, and someone goes into the same area knowing full well that another hunter was there first. People choose to have poor ethics, because of competition to have a bigger set of antlers or horns than the next hunter. I hunt for food first and if i find a trophy quality animal so be it.

LYKTOHUNT
11-28-2012, 03:38 PM
So if you see another persons tracks in the snow ,could be a day old a week old or whatever, are you never to go back there again because someone else was obviously actively hunting there before??? I dont think so

JAYDOG32
11-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Let's understand this. If a person has a trail cam in area, then we are the go some where else to hunt? It makes sense if you see another hunter in an area to move on, but a trail cam I don't think so. I always mark areas like this in my GPS for future reference and scouting.

How many times have we read on this forum. Where a hunter has been in an area, and someone goes into the same area knowing full well that another hunter was there first. People choose to have poor ethics, because of competition to have a bigger set of antlers or horns than the next hunter. I hunt for food first and if i find a trophy quality animal so be it.

Thanks sakohunter!

scoutlt1
11-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Holy flippin' Bejeeezes!!! This thread is still going on?!!??

*bcgold*
11-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Someone commented 3 pages ago to Karl he's having the last laugh now. Guess Karl is still laughing!

BimmerBob
11-28-2012, 09:22 PM
So a hunter walks past a trail cam, I was wondering what part of that makes him a dope

I was not looking to see photos of a "hunter" just the dopes that put up the bandaid...

LYKTOHUNT
11-28-2012, 11:32 PM
I was not looking to see photos of a "hunter" just the dopes that put up the bandaid...
OK cool I misunderstood your statement and yes I agree puuting the bandaid on the cam does put them in the "dope" classification

The Dude
11-29-2012, 12:11 AM

By that logic I could put cameras all over the bush and I would be laughing eh!
I always respect the space of other hunters, I am often not afforded the same luxury. Cameras are not hunters, just tools for lazy hunters.

I'll take : "People Who Don't Have a Clue" for $1000, Alex!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac359/rowlffdogg/alex-trebek-jeopardy.jpg

hunter1947
11-29-2012, 02:39 AM
I really don't care what anyone does around my trail camera if they find it just don't touch it is all I ask..

JAYDOG32
11-29-2012, 09:40 AM
I'll take : "People Who Don't Have a Clue" for $1000, Alex!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac359/rowlffdogg/alex-trebek-jeopardy.jpg

So you return to an area you scouted in the summer, and have hunted for ten years. When you get there you find that some dope has installed a shiny new trail cam. I am now supposed to hunt somewhere else. So who are the "people that don't have a clue". I am not trying to sound like an ass, but the suggestion that because you put a cam out in the bush you have some claim to Crown land is wrong.

hunter1947
11-29-2012, 09:45 AM
So you return to an area you scouted in the summer, and have hunted for ten years. When you get there you find that some dope has installed a shiny new trail cam. I am now supposed to hunt somewhere else. So who are the "people that don't have a clue". I am not trying to sound like an ass, but the suggestion that because you put a cam out in the bush you have some claim to Crown land is wrong.

Nope you don't have to hunt anywhere else it is crown land and if you do find a new trail camera in your hunting area you don't have to go else where just ignore the trail cam and hunt the area ..its crown land so you are untitled to hunt it trail cam there or not don't forget anyone is allowed to put a trail cam out anywhere on crown land....

ruger#1
11-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Wow Jaydog. You sure are milking this. Alot of growers also use trail cams. So I would use caution when you find one. They tend to play dirty.

The Dude
11-29-2012, 10:14 AM

I never made any such claim. I have found trail cams in the bush before, and I have hunted the area. It's Crown Land, as I've stated before.
I have also never touched someone else's trail cam.

And this "dope" uses trail cams as well. I would hope that if you saw one, you would wave, smile, hunt, and have a nice day.

You gotta read more, and type less, and we'll all get along fine.

slayer B
11-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Quickly kill something and leave its gut pile in the vicinity so the other guy thinks you got the big one and leaves!!!:twisted: But seriously a good person will ask themselves how they would feel if someone else messed with their stuff. The only thing you can do is be there first and kill that booner buck! Now after getting it if you choose to drag the beast past his cam to let him see the size of the deer you got, well I won't judge. But I've got a bit of a mischievous sense of humour. :mrgreen:

JAYDOG32
11-29-2012, 11:58 AM
I never made any such claim. I have found trail cams in the bush before, and I have hunted the area. It's Crown Land, as I've stated before.
I have also never touched someone else's trail cam.

And this "dope" uses trail cams as well. I would hope that if you saw one, you would wave, smile, hunt, and have a nice day.

You gotta read more, and type less, and we'll all get along fine.

You also replied without reading the context to which the quoted statement of mine was made.

We actually agree on some stuff

Sitkaspruce
11-29-2012, 02:45 PM
16 pages of complete dribble over a bandaid and a trail cam....WOW!!!! We REALLY are our own worst enemies...........

You guys need to regard others opinions as only that...opinions and nothing more.

If someone wants to use a superdupper, infra-red, satilite connected, locked down and guarded by Mr T camera and special deer/moose/elk bigger penis attractant, who really cares......you have to ask yourself, does this really affect me and my day??? If it does, you need some serious time in a padded room with a jacket that has no arms and lots of buckles....

I can't wait until hunting season has ended.........we need a bigger popcorn machine Marc!!!

Cheers

SS

Gateholio
11-29-2012, 04:14 PM
And with that....