PDA

View Full Version : Attack pant sizing?

Fella
11-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Hey guys, i looked around for a thread discussing this, but wasn't able to find one, so I started a new thread.

I'm going to be ordering the Kuiu attack pant, but I've heard the sizing is a little weird. Can anyone speak to this? Should I be using my jean size or do they fit a little large or small? I appreciate the help, thanks!

The Hermit
11-23-2012, 05:51 PM
I think they fit about like jeans, maybe a tad smaller but the legs are too long for me short ass. I damn near live in mine they are so comfy... a buddy of mine calls them his hunting pajamas!

Fella
11-23-2012, 06:08 PM
do they give you enough room to through a base layer underneath?

The Hermit
11-23-2012, 06:13 PM
yes they do no problem

Trekker
11-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Yes the pants fit similar to jeans. For future notes, I found the jackets to fit a little small, I wish I had gone for a size larger.

What type of conditions will you use your attack pants? just a note, the DWR will fail in minutes if you are busting wet brush, they are certainly designed for open country.

Fella
11-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Do you think a wool pant would be better suited for thicker bush? I do live in the fraser valley so there will be times when i'm hiking and hunting in the coastal rain forest.

Trekker
11-23-2012, 07:44 PM
wool pants are great. I use my attack pants with gaiters on the island here, when ever its wet I putt on my chugach pants. If you like the attack pants, look at the 'guide pants' much more water repellant than the attack I find.

flyfishinmidget
11-23-2012, 08:45 PM
go with wool you will have nothin left at the end of the day in thick and spiky going and you will get wet good only in lite drizzel

Fella
11-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Hey guys thanks for the info

Superdeuce
11-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Ya, same as your jeans size. They only come one length (35") so you may need to hem. I have Kuiu, but since they went "made in china", I would be inclined to consider Sitka next time around. I actually prefer the Optifade pattern and you should be able to get some good sale prices on Sitka after the season making it probably cheaper than Kuiu all found if you can buy in store vs shipping. Hate the stock issue, pre-order garbage with Kuiu too if you are buying multiple items.

The Attacks do hit a nice sweet spot though about in between the Sitka Ascents and 90% pants for thickness/warmth. If I was buying a new pair though, I would probably look at the Sitka Timberline pants which are similar in thickness to the Attacks but have the reinforced waterproof knees and arse which will help busting the rain forest bush.